Chapter Seven

Kiss of Death

This was it. The first show. He’d been practicing for what felt like forever and this was his test. Sure, the first show always had kinks and minor problems, but as long as the audience doesn’t pick up on that all was well in the world. So, sitting back stage in his dressing room, Junsu stared at his reflection as his make-up artists worked on him. Black nail polish, eyeliner, hair gel, blush, lipstick, everything the angel of death would need to succeed on a stage in front of those bright lights that were bound to wash him out. He’d already donned his clothes for the night and by this point everything was finishing touches.

Junsu-ah!” A voice called behind him. Turning his eyes from himself in the mirror, Junsu’s eyes flicked up to the person at the door and his heart stopped for a second before then continuing as it was. He’d almost thought it would be Yoochun. Stupid him though. Of course Yoochun wasn’t going to be there. Smiling, Junsu waved a hand towards JaeJoong and Leeu who apparently had snuck back stage to see him.

Nervous?” Leeu asked, a wide smile on his lips as he came over and waved to the makeup artist who was working on his nails. The noona then waved back politely and went back to work. She hadn’t been there last year to really get to know Leeu like Junsu had, so of course she was staying professional. Watching Leeu and JaeJoong as they moved to lean against the counter, Junsu was a little disappointed that YooChun wasn’t there with them.

A little…but I’ll be fine.” Junsu said, laughing halfheartedly. Jaejoong and Leeu could tell that he wasn’t in the spirit though and after some joking around and promises that everything would be fine, the duo left Junsu feeling a little better. Or, rather he seemed better. No matter what Leeu and JaeJoong did though, nothing matched YooChun being there. He was disappointed. He wasn’t mad at Yoochun for not coming though. He couldn’t be. Junsu was simply mad that YooChun wasn’t even going to tell him he wasn’t coming. Yoochun was going to just let Junsu keep looking for him and then get disappointed when he wasn’t there at curtain call.

Sighing, Junsu looked up towards the ceiling as the lights flickered. It was the last call for everyone to get ready. The show was going to start soon and they had to get to their places. Taking in a deep breath, Junsu stood up and moved to his cell phone that was tucked away in his bag of stuff. Seeing that there were no new messages or missed calls from YooChun, Junsu sighed and then looked at himself in the mirror.

You can do it Der Tod. Go show them how amazing you are. You don’t need Yoochun there to put on a good show…” Junsu said to pep himself up. Seconds later there was a deep chuckle somewhere behind him. Eyes widening, Junsu spun around and found a casually dressed male in the doorway with his back facing Junsu. “Wh—“ Junsu started to ask, only for the male to turn around and Junsu’s face lit up. “I’m glad you don’t need me Su-ah…” Yoochun said, a devious grin on his face.

Stomach doing flips and heart beating hard against his chest, Junsu rushed towards Yoochun, practically knocking him to the ground. “Babo…” Junsu scolded the other while still clinging tight to him. “Yah! You’re going to crush me!” Yoochun said before moving to push Junsu off.

I-I thought you weren’t coming!” Junsu said, eyes narrowing at Yoochun. Honestly, Junsu wasn’t sure if he was upset or happy to see Yoochun. “Well…” Yoochun said, looking away and shrugging his shoulders some. “You were supposed to think that.” Yoochun said with a grin and turned back towards Junsu. “I was going to surprise you at the end…but…” Yoochun trailed off, moving to grab Junsu’s shoulders. “Jaejoong said you looked miserable. I couldn’t let you go up there and half a performance now could I?” Yoochun said with a deep chuckle and then moved to kiss Junsu’s hand.

Junsu was thrilled. Granted he was mad the other was going to make him think that he wasn’t coming the whole performance, but at least he was here. “You’re evil Chunny…” Junsu said, moving to slap Yoochun and then move to kiss his lips. Yoochun froze though, causing Junsu to stiffen and look around. Luckily no one saw. “Don’t mess up your make-up…” Yoochun said wiping his lips and then looking down at his fingers to see if there was any make-up on them.

Aigoo…” Junsu complained before then going to Yoochun’s cheek before then prancing off. “I have to go!” Junsu said, moving to wave to Yoochun, only for the older male to quickly grab his wrist. “Wait!” Yoochun called, only for Junsu to grin. “Death waits for no one…” Junsu replied, his voice deep and sensual.

Then how about one last kiss from Death?” Yoochun asked, pulling Junsu in and pushing him against the doorframe for a deep kiss before then running off. “Break a leg!” Were the last words Junsu heard from Yoochun before he slipped back out to the audience. Right. The show must go on!