Rap

My EnAmigo

 

"Okay, guys. Today, we'll be practicing rap." The instructor looked over all of the trainees and found only two smiling faces. Vivi and Zelo.

"We're gonna start off with speed and clarity. No matter how fast you talk, what you're saying needs to be understood. Who wants to start us off?" Vivi and Zelo both raised their hands instantly.

"Zelo, come up here." He sent Vivi a cocky smirk and made his way to the front of the studio.

He rapped and most of the class was in awe. The words came out of his mouth so fast and with great rhythm. When he finished, the only person left unimpressed was Vivi. She scoffed and rolled her eyes while everyone else applauded him.

"Vivi, you think you can do better?" The instructor smiled playfully.

"I know I can."

"Then how about a rap battle? How does that sound?!" He spread his arms out excitedly and the other trainees hollered.

"Pft. I can definitely beat her." Zelo fixed his collar and positioned his feet to stand firmly on the ground. 

Vivi went first. She was just as fast and clear as Zelo. He went after and spoke faster. Then she sped up, then he sped up, then she sped up, then he sped up. They went back and forth like that until they were rapping over each other's voices. They eventually ran out of breath and had to stop.

The instructor and trainees stared at them in awe with their jaws dropped.

"I. Won!" Zelo managed to say through his panting.

"No. Way. You cant. Even breathe." 

"Niether. Can you." He retorted.

"It's a tie. You guys stopped at the same time and you were both already rapping at the speed of light." The instructor chuckled and the trainees nodded furiously.

Vivi and Zelo stood up straight, glaring at each other, and walked to opposite sides of the studio to sit down.

The other trainees attempted rap and both Vivi and Zelo showed little interest. The instructor sent them to the dance studio, so that they do something productive.

Vivi put her disk in and started dancing immediately. Zelo just stood there, watching her, for ten minutes and then left.

"Where the heck is he going? He really is stupid. Getting valuble practice time and not taking advantage of it." She shook her head and continued to practice.

Zelo never came back. It was already 7pm, so Vivi decided to head home. She has homework to do. She frowned at the thought of math homework and started packing up.

An ice cold water bottle rolled its way over to her. She felt it hit her shin and picked it up.

"Finished?" She looked up at the owner of the attractive voice and found her sunbae, Himchan.

Himchan is part of the company's next project. B.A.P, a six membered boy band. He's been practicing separately, along with the other five members, since their debut is coming up soon.

"Himchan!" She opened her arms and ran to him for a hug. He returned the hug and ruffled her hair as soon as they let go.

"You've worked hard today." He took the water bottle and opened it, handing it back to her.

"Haha, neh~" She took a huge gulp and sat down, legs crossed, on the floor.

"I heard about the amazing rap battle." He flashed his signature heart-melting smile while sitting down next to her.

"MY rap was awesome, not so much Zelo's."

"You guys are part of the same agency. Why not be nice and help each other instead of competing all the time?"

"Zelo and I are sworn enemies." Vivi gave him a straight face. "I'll be nice to fellow trainees, but not him. His arrogant doesnt deserve my kindness."

"Listen to your sunbae for once, aish!" Himchan faked a punch to her head and she dodged it instinctively.

"I'm not calling you a sunbae until I see an actual official B.A.P teaser on the TS Entertainment homepage."

"It'll be out soon!" He protested as she tilted her head and looked away mockingly. "Oh, that reminds me. I heard the president talk about the next project."

"Really?! Omo, what did he say?!" Vivi got up, clinging onto Himchan's arm.

"The company's thinking of creating a solo artist once B.A.P has established a fan base."

"Ahhh!!!!" Vivi started jumping up and down excitedly, causing Himchan to laugh at her childish behavior.

"Nothing's official."

"I know, but this means there's a possibilty! I have a chance! I need to work extra hard and prove that I deserve solo." She nodded to herself and smiled determinedly.

"Well, good luck with that Vivi." Himchan patted her back and gave her an encouraging smile.

They walked out of the studio and turned the lights off. Minutes after, Zelo came in and turned the light on.

He was walking past the studio when he noticed Himchan and Vivi alone. He decided to stay there and eavesdrop, hoping to find information that could get them in trouble.

Zelo overheard them talk about the solo possibility and got excited. He thought to himself that things just got serious.

He walked into the studio and put his disk into the CD player.

"Okay, Zelo. We're going for perfection." He smiled at his reflection in the mirror and started practicing.