Last Chance

My EnAmigo

"Screw this!" Vivi yelled as she slammed her textbook shut and pushed it away.

She's been at home studying since yesterday night after all the drama at the company. Her family was able to solve the issue, but under some conditions.

After a lot of convincing that she is indeed talented, Vivi's parents decided to give her a chance. She must do well at the showcase and score a contract, or no more of the singing nonsense. 

Basically, this showcase is Vivi's last chance.

Another condition was that she also needs to improve in school, so she was put to study last night and for most of today.

"Studying on Saturday is so stupid. I should be watching t.v. and sleeping instead." Vivi left her room and headed down stairs for lunch. 
She found her father sitting at the kitchen counter, reading the newspaper.
She made herself a sandwich and sat down next to him.

"I finished all my homework." She stated carefully.
"Good."
"I also read ahead in my textbooks for class on Monday."
"Good."
"I did some college search, too. I will be starting my essay soon."
"Good." His responses were cold and uncaring.
After that "conversation", a long awkward silence followed.

Vivi finished her food and washed the dishes, doing good in front of her parent.

"Dad," She began hesitantly.
"Yes?" He answered, still focused on the paper.
"Can I go to the company now? I need to practice for tomorrow..."
Her dad put the paper down on the counter and looked straight at her with a serious expression.

"You promised you'd study."
"I did!" She whined.
"I did all yesterday and today morning. It's saturday, let me go out!"
"You have no reason to go out."
"My showcase is tomorrow! You promised to let me do it and so I need to go practice tonight." Her father scrunched his face and turned his attention back to his newspaper.

"Finish your practice booklet and you may go."
"Ugh, that's gonna take me forever." Vivi mumbled as she went up the stairs, back to her room, to finish the boring assignment.

~~~~~~~

"Dude, the speakers up to the max. I can't hear myself at all." Zelo complained to his friend, Jongup, as he got off the stage.

"I don't know how to work these things!" Jongup whined, following after the tall blonde.

"My performance has to be perfect, Jongup. Please don't mess it up with your stupidity."
"Harsh." His friend pouted.
"Sorry, man. I'm just stressed."
"Everyone is. Today's final rehearsals. Oh I'm so glad I don't have to do any more of these showcases. These things are hell."
"Yup." Zelo sighed heavily.

The two sat in the audience section, resting their bodies as the other trainees took their turns practicing their performances.

Zelo was deep in thought, not really paying attention to anything. He wondered where Vivi was and if the problem with her parents had been resolved. Did they take her away for good? Is she never coming back to the company? Zelo feared Vivi having to give up singing. TS won't be the same without her. If only he could do something to help.

He ruffled his hair and growled in frustration, getting his friend's attention.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Nothing." Zelo spat.

"Hey, earlier in that rap of yours, I noticed the lyrics were about a girl."
"What?!" Zelo asked in shock. "N-no! It's not about a girl. It's about a, a, uh... Beauty! It's about the beauty of human beings and how vulnerable they can be."

"Nah, man. Don't even try to make something up. You're rapping about a girl, I know it." Zelo huffed and turned in his seat, away from his usually stupid friend.

"You don't even know how to turn up the freaking volume, but you can tell that I'm crushing on someone?" Jongup laughed.
"I'm not book smarts but I've graduated the university of the streets." He stated proudly.
"Streets my ." Zelo half smirked.

"Have you texted Vivi yet?"
"Yeah," Zelo sighed. "but no response. I called her house and got yelled at for interrupting her studies." Jongup started laughing, making him frown.

"What?"
"You're so worried about her you even call her house where they probably want nothing to do with you after yesterday. You're a typical lover boy trying to fight for his woman!" 
"Shut up, idiot." Zelo pushed him off the chair, failing to hide the smile creeping up on his face.

Suddenly the auditorium's doors swing open, and in walks in Vivi with her arrogant strut, just on time for her dress rehearsal. 

Zelo's face immediately lights up and he gets to his feet, following Vivi with his eyes.
Jongup stood up next to him, chuckling.
"You've fallen hard."
"Well just look at her! She's amazing."

It was almost as if Vivi could sense a gaze directed towards her when she abruptly turned her face and locked eyes with lover boy.
Vivi wanted to avoid Zelo and thought she could through the tons of people here rehearsing, but duh the two were destined to see each other sooner or later.

Zelo left his friend behind and ran up to Vivi, smiling from ear to ear.
"Vivi, you're here!" He cheered.
"Yeah..." She answered awkwardly, making distance between them.

"Are you ok? How'd it go with your parents?"
"We made a sort of contract thing. They gave me one last chance." Vivi fessed up. 

"Me too." Zelo mumbled.
"What?" 
"I realized it's my last chance, too." Vivi was confused, but she didn't want to seem too interested in anything having to do with the idiot, so she told herself to disregard it.

"Vivi, could you come meet me at the practice room after your performance?" Zelo asked sweetly while smiling warmly. She wanted to spit out a sassy "no", but she couldn't bring herself to do so. She's thankful to him for standing up for her after all.

"A-alright." She answered, reluctantly.
"Also, thanks... For saying those things..." Vivi's face blushed and she averted her eyes, making Zelo's smile look even dumber.
"Oh, that was no biggie. Just me sharing my thoughts."
"Well your thoughts convinced my parents, so I'm grateful." She forced a smile, but then ran off before he could appreciate it.

"Where are you going?!" He called after her.
"It's my turn!" She yelled without looking back.

"She's so cute!" Zelo jumped in place, then slumping down into the nearest chair.

"Did you ask her out?" Jongup's voice came out of nowhere, scaring the younger.
"I'm not that stupid." Zelo joked. "I plan on letting her know today though."
"You mean like confessing??"
"Yup!" Zelo pointed his chin up proudly.

"Don't come to me when you get rejected. I don't do man tears." Zelo pushed his insensitive friend aside and walked away to the front of the auditorium.

He sat in the front row and focused on the stage, where Vivi was currently  rehearsing her performance. The other trainees couldn't help but stop what they were doing to see the goddess in her natural element.

Vivi performing is so amazing, because she gives off the aura of a pro. Her dance moves so precise, you'd never think she had to learn. Her singing flawless, it takes you into another world.

Her performance finished, and the trainees went back to their own preparations. Zelo stood up, and gave her a standing ovation. 

The music stopped and the lights went on. Vivi saw Zelo in the front row, clapping, and her heart skipped a beat. The look on his face looked proud, and plastered on it, a genuine smile so handsome her brain could melt at the sight.

She stood in place, staring at him mindlessly as her heart did flips and spins. Zelo continued to smile and stood still, letting the moment be.

After some time, Vivi felt extremely awkward and got off the stage, breaking the eye contact. Zelo immediately went over to the back stage area to catch up with her.

"Vivi, hold up!" She pretended to not hear and walked faster, exiting the building through the back door. Zelo of course followed her since he is a determined young man.

Zelo caught up to her and pulled on her arm to hold her still. 
"What do you want?!" She snapped, red in the face. 
Zelo suddenly got nervous when he saw her blush.

"Uh, can we like... talk?" Vivi gave him a strange look. "Let's go sit outside and I'll tell you..." She hesitatingly nodded and followed him out the back door to the building's outside park type area.

The two sat down, side by side, and Zelo couldn't help fidgeting with his sweater jacket as he tried to gain the courage to finally confess.

"Vivi," She looked straight at him, into his eyes.
"I, I actually... I have to tell you something. You might get mad at me... But I need to say it because it's how I feel and I want to do something about it." Vivi felt a bit scared but decided to let him continue at his own pace.

"I... I like you." Vivi's jaw dropped but there was only silence as Zelo looked down at the grass to avoid her expression.

Vivi's face went into an immediate state of shock. She finally came back to her senses and was able to say a word.
"What." She hissed.
Zelo looked at her anxiously, shocked himself by her tone.

"I said I like you."
"why must you tell me this now?!" She stood up furious. 
"tomorrow after the showcase the winner will be taken away for private training. We might not see each other again, so I decided to tell you now." Zelo explained, tearing.
"Isn't this just a twisted plan to mess me up?!" She yelled, "Jerk! I almost believed you were nice now."
"Vivi, I really do care about you -"
"Lies!" She interrupted. 

"You did this to make me all nervous and lovey dovey teenage girl like so i'd mess up my performance and let you win automatically. How convenient that you mentioned one of us will leave. You think you're winning, dont you?! You went through with this stupid fake confession since you think you'll leave and never see me again. Forget it, ! I'm going to work harder than ever now, and nothing will psych me out. I will be the one leaving and never seeing your sorry face again!" She slung her bag over her shoulder and stormed out. 

Zelo was left speechless and heartbroken. 
"Rejected..." he whispered as his silent tears continued to flow. "Rejected because she doesn't see my heart. I really thought this was my last chance..."