Blood Bounds 4

Blood Bounds

Kyungsoo woke up with a pounding headache, groaning as he sat up. The house was bathed in the dying rays of the sun, and he reaches out blindly for the alarm clock on his bedside cabinet. It was seven in the evening. Kyungsoo slumps back against the bed, closing his eyes to rest a little more, thinking about the weird dream he’s had. He laughs shortly as the image of Jongin and the pink haired boy tearing at each other came to his mind. He needs to lay off the chips before sleeping. He throws the blanket off himself, humming as he shuffled towards the door. There were soft murmuring outside, and Kyungsoo frowns. Did Baekhyun invite someone over? He opens the door, and was greeted by the sight of Baekhyun doing his best imitation of a bike to Chanyeol, who was doubled over with raucous laughter.

Chanyeol?

He must still be half asleep. What is Chanyeol doing here? Kyungsoo shakes his head, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes. His elbows knocked into the door from his action, and that’s when Baekhyun noticed him standing there. He grins.

“Hey Kyungsoo! Come over here, your classmates brought you back because you fainted in school.”

Fainted. Kyungsoo rubs at his temples. How embarrassing.

That’s when Kyungsoo realised that it wasn’t just Chanyeol sitting in his small apartment, it was the whole group of them; Yifan, Luhan, Zitao, Joonmyun, and Jongin. The group of six immediately looked up, their gazes locked onto him. Kyungsoo felt under their probing stares, and out of the corner of his eyes he briefly saw Yifan nodding at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol gets up.

“Baekhyun, I wanna eat ice-cream, is it okay if you bring me over to the closest store? I don’t really know my way around here.” He rubs his neck sheepishly.

Flustered at the prospect of having some alone time with Chanyeol, Baekhyun immediately agreed and bounded into the bedroom to grab his jacket. Zitao whistles low, and Chanyeol sent him a warning look. Baekhyun came back a second later, and within a few minutes both Chanyeol and Baekhyun were out of the door, chatting and laughing.

Bewildered, Kyungsoo stares after the closed door, wondering when the hell did Baekhyun become such good friends with Chanyeol. They just met an hour ago or so didn’t they?

“Could have at least asked us what we wanted, I was craving for some.” A low voice mutters, and Kyungsoo identifies it as Luhan’s. “I’ll hide all my snacks from him in the future.”

“Give him a break. It’s obvious that Chanyeol was into the little guy, so it’s a pretty good distraction. Anyway, we do have a more important task at hand.” Joonmyun answers.

“Come sit here, Kyungsoo.” Luhan pats the empty space next to him, smiling.

Kyungsoo hesitates, to be very honest, he wasn’t sure if he could trust them. Sure they were his school mates, and can’t possibly get away if they ended up killing him tonight, but something about them made Kyungsoo’s hair stand, and it wasn’t in a good way. He walks over and sat down next to Luhan warily.

“Good! Let’s cut to the chase then shall we? ” Luhan claps his hands. “Okay, we know what you saw earlier on wasn’t very pleasant, and I’m sorry that you had to see a Jongin, his isn’t particularly very nice-”

“Hey!”

“Shush Jongin, I’m talking here. Anyway, yes, since you’ve seen it all we find no reason not to tell you. We’re werewolves.”

Kyungsoo blinks. “Am I on candid camera or something.”

“What’s that?” Luhan frowns.

“Like a reality tv show?”

“No. You’re not.” Luhan stares at Kyungsoo as if he’s suddenly grown two heads, and Kyungsoo thinks he might just have. “I mean, you saw the fight just now right? You saw Jongin transforming into a wolf?”

“Wasn’t that a dream?”

All five of them exhales.

“It wasn’t a dream, Kyungsoo. What you saw was real.” This time it was Joonmyun talking. He had this concerned look on his face, not unlike a counselor.

Kyungsoo started laughing at the absurdity of it all. He laughs because the whole idea itself was incredulous. There were no such thing as ghosts, monsters, vampires and werewolves. He was still waiting for the gotcha! But apparently it wasn’t coming, because by the time Kyungsoo’s laughter died down, everyone was still staring at him solemnly.

“Okay, so yeah, suppose that werewolves are real.” Kyungsoo wheezes, waving his hand around. He was pretty sure by the end of his sentence none of them would be able to put up with the pretence anymore. “Show me then.”

Joonmyun looks to Jongin, who shakes his head. But he continues to stare at him, and in the end Jongin relents. It was almost as if they had a conversation in their heads or something. He got up.

“I might accidentally break your furniture.” Jongin warns before starting to take his shirt off. By the time Kyungsoo fully got his voice back (And he has to contradict Luhan about the ), Jongin was fully and crouching.

“W-wait, what are you doin-” Kyungsoo stammers.

It shouldn’t be a question really, not when the answer is just right in front of him. It happens slowly in Kyungsoo’s mind eyes, first it was the nose, then the mouth, the jaws elongating, the ears pulling out, the shrinking of limbs, but in actual fact it took only a second. Standing in front of him was a six feet tall wolf, complete with a glossy brown coat and exactly the same as the one in his dream. Or was it a dream? Kyungsoo suddenly feels nauseous. The wolf -Jongin- moved forward slowly, and Kyungsoo squirms further back into his seat. Jongin lowers his head in front of Kyungsoo, a careful onto his hands before retreating and turning towards the window.

It took a moment for Kyungsoo to gather his wits around him.

“I-I-”

“We know.” Joonmyun says softly. “It will come as a shock to you the first time, but I assure you, we’re harmless.”

Kyungsoo was suddenly reminded of all the documentaries on animals he watched as a child, and a particular one stood out. Wolves tearing into their victims, blood dripping down their muzzle. They weren’t just mindless predators, they possess intelligence, and that was what scared Kyungsoo the most as a child.

Luhan nudges him. “We’re still humans.”

Kyungsoo continues to stare at Jongin’s back, he was sitting down, tail swishing occasionally. Kyungsoo looks away after a moment, and takes a deep breath.

“Yeah, I believe you guys.”

“Good,” Luhan chirps, as if the past few moments haven’t been shocking enough for Kyungsoo. “We have something to tell you!”

 

“Give me a second, I don’t think I’m sober enough for this.” Kyungsoo gets up from the couch, legs wobbly as he went to the fridge. He fishes out a can of beer and started chugging. When he’s done, he throws the can into the bin and went back to his seat. “Okay, so what is it?”




a/n: wow it's been months since i've last updated this, i'm sorry readers! this is part one of chapter four, and i've decided to upload it first because i'm heading off for work soon. i'd upload part two as soon as i complete it ^^