Blood Bounds 2

Blood Bounds

Kyungsoo stood at the gates of the school, mouth opened wide in wonder. The golden gates were huge, far bigger than all of the school he’s ever been to. He takes a step forward to touch, marvelling at how smooth it felt under his fingers. It’s almost as if it was really made up of gold. He shakes his head and laughs, because it’s just not possible. But then he squints his eyes, and leans forward, just double checking. And he was suddenly pushed hard against the gates as a gaggle of squealing girls moved passed him, large cameras in their hands.

“Ow, what the ?” Kyungsoo mumbles as he massaged the half-formed bruise on his cheeks, “What the hell was that about?”

“Exo apparently.” A voice interrupts Kyungsoo, scaring him as he jumped six feet into the air. Kyungsoo turns to see a boy made up of chiselled jaws and sly smile, leaning against the gates casually. He sticks out a hand, and Kyungsoo grabs it warily. “Kim Jongdae. Class 2B. You must be new here if you do not know how to avoid getting hit by those girls.”

“Kyungsoo. Yeah I’m new.”

“Well look at them go,” Jongdae remarks, and Kyungsoo turned back, internally groaning when the high pitch squealing of the girls got louder.

At first all he saw was the group of girls near two BMWs, the cars a slick black that just screams money and power. Then the car door opened and Kyungsoo finally realised why the girls were screaming.

Those boys were so incredibly good-looking.

The bodyguards climbed out of the car and held their arms out, preventing the girls from getting any closer. And Kyungsoo couldn’t help but wonder if it was necessary, it’s not as if they were people of high status or celebrities. But then he realised that this was one of the few schools that extremely rich kids go to anyway, sons and daughters of CEOs and whatnot. He scratches the back of his neck self-consciously as he thought of his dingy apartment shared with Baekhyun two blocks behind a laundry shop. Life was unfair. He cranes his neck forward to be able to look better at the boys who were currently exiting the cars.

Out of the boys in the first car, Kyungsoo recognises Joonmyun, Luhan and Zitao. He notes that Joonmyun was smiling politely at the girls, whereas Luhan was engaging Zitao in a hushed conversation, frowns marring both of their faces. It was evident that they weren’t very happy about how bright the flash lights were. All three of them hurriedly moved through the second gate at the side, and soon they were swallowed up by the greenery beyond.

The second car comprises of Yifan (Kyungsoo is startled when the girls started screaming Kris but then remembers that Baekhyun once told him about his other name), Chanyeol and Jongin. Kyungsoo is suddenly reminded of that little bird game he plays on the computer from time to time when he looks at Yifan. His eyebrows were scrunched together, and mouth set in a grim line. Kyungsoo wonders if he ever smiles at all. Yifan took quick strides with his long, long legs, and soon he disappears in the same direction as his friends. Kyungsoo then turns his attention to Chanyeol, who was doing a peace sign at the girls before throwing his arms over Jongin’s shoulders and guffawing loudly. Jongin seems to be annoyed by the gesture as he ducked and jabbed Chanyeol in the stomach with his elbows. Kyungsoo takes in all of his fluid grace, even when Chanyeol stuck out his foot and made him trip. He was ridiculously beautiful, which was weird because Kyungsoo has never used such a description on a guy before.

“Saying that you’re mesmerised by him would be an understatement.” Jongdae breathes into his ears, once again successfully creeping the out of Kyungsoo.

“I’m jus-”

“I know, good-looking,” Jongdae rolled his eyes at the defeated sighs coming from the fangirls after the last of the boys went in before turning back to Kyungsoo with a gleam in his eyes, “But not everything is what it seems. So be careful, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo could barely make out a soft um what before Jongdae disappears into the gates himself. He stares at the ground, and back up to the looming school, and wonders if he’s made a mistake transferring here.





“Kyungsoo?” The admin behind the counter called out, and Kyungsoo immediately moved towards her. She held out a booklet, a sheet of paper and a card, motioning for Kyungsoo to take them before continuing. “Well, all the school’s information is on this booklet, the school rules, attires and whatnot. This sheet of paper contains a map, and this card is your student ID. Your first class today is Chemistry, it’s in the next building on the second floor.” She looks at her watch and back up at him. “I guess you better hurry up, your class starts in ten minutes.”

Kyungsoo nodded, and grabbed all the things before stumbling out of the office and making his way to his class. He fervently hopes that he wouldn’t have to look at the map, he doesn’t want to feel anymore lost than he has to. He half-wanders, large eyes taking in the interior of the empty hallway.

The school certainly spared no expense in decorating the interiors, and it resembled more of a hotel than anything. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling instead of normal fluorescent lightings, floor polished so shiny to the extent of being able to see one’s expression, vases of flowers littered short pillars two metres apart. And wait, was that hemlock? Kyungsoo took a step closer, and peers at the offending plant. It really was hemlock. What kind of school would just leave poisonous plants hanging around? He shakes his head, and was about to leave when he heard a muffled thump and a barely concealed shout from the door next to him.

“-the ? I-” Another crash.

Now, Kyungsoo wasn’t one to eavesdrop usually, but somehow today he was feeling extremely curious, so he inches towards the door. He presses his ears against it, and he realises that he was in the middle of an argument.

“You need to be protected.” Voice number one says firmly.

“No I don’t,” Voice number two answered haughtily. There was another slam, and this time Kyungsoo heard glass breaking. “Hmm, if only you weren’t a dog. I’d you. You’re so pretty.”

“No you don’t understand, you stupid bloodsucker, you nee-”

“Don’t tell an alpha what to do, mutt.” Kyungsoo didn’t need to see the person to know that he’s sneering. And the choice of words somewhat confused Kyungsoo. Bloodsucker? Alpha? Was this how highschoolers were insulting each other now? He hears footsteps approaching the door, and he hurriedly backed away, and pretended to inspect the vase of hemlock again.

The door slams open and Kyungsoo’s eyes flickered towards the figure, and he had to hold in a gasp when he sees his face. Pink hair (do they honestly allow dyed hair in this school), sleepy eyes and a pair of soft looking lips. It doesn’t help that he was really tall, and walks with the gait of a royalty. The only downside is that he appears a little too thin, but Kyungsoo figures that it’s part of his charm as well, as he couldn’t imagine the other having more meat on him. Mr. Pink hair stalked past Kyungsoo, heading in the same direction Kyungsoo was heading for.

Kyungsoo stood there, watching the retreating back when he was startled by an arm being slung around his shoulders. He turns to see Luhan milimetres away from his face.

“Kyungsoo, is it?” Luhan drawls, peering at the name tag stuck to Kyungsoo’s uniform.

“Um,” Kyungsoo mumbles, surprised that he’d talk to him. .

“You’re in my class, the teacher told me to look out for you just in case you got lost. I’m Luhan.”

Kyungsoo nodded his head, suddenly feeling nervous around the redhead. He realised that the voice he overheard just now belonged to him, and it certainly wouldn’t hurt to tread carefully around him.

Luhan then releases his hold on Kyungsoo, and stuffs his hands into his pocket before walking off. He paused when he realised that Kyungsoo wasn’t following him, and he turns to say with a friendly smile, “Let’s go. You wouldn’t want to be late for Mr. Jung’s class, he’s a at times.” At that, Kyungsoo hastily moves after Luhan, who was leading the way, whistling every now and then.

They entered the class about ten minutes late, with the teacher shooting dirty looks at Luhan before motioning for Kyungsoo to take his seat somewhere at the back of the class. Thank god that there was no nonsense about introducing yourself, Kyungsoo would have stumbled and tripped over his own words. He could, however, hear the soft whispers as he wanders towards his allocated seat and settled down. The seat next to him was empty and he briefly wonders if there was any occupant. Kyungsoo could feel his eyelids drooping as the teacher began his monotone speech on organic compounds.

“Sorry I’m late, Mr Jung!” The front door of the classroom was yanked open

Startled, Kyungsoo looks up for the source of the sudden commotion in front, and gulped when he realised who it was. There he was, Kim Jongin in all his ridiculously handsome glory. His hair was slicked back with sweat, and his uniform a little damp. It makes him want to-

Down boy.

Kyungsoo mentally bashed himself for having such impure thoughts about his classmate. And apparently, a classmate who appears to be walking his way. Kyungsoo held in his breath as Jongin slid into the seat next to him, face composed into a friendly but wary smile. He held out his hands.

“Haven’t seen you around before, you should be new right? I’m Jongin.”

“Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo wanted nothing but to give him a firm handshake in return, because suddenly his vocal cords aren’t working properly and he was afraid that he might actually squeak if he tries talking to Jongin.

The moment he touches Jongin however, was met with flashes of sharp canine teeth, incredibly intelligent eyes and violent splashing of blood. Kyungsoo retracted his hands immediately as though scalded. Sweat was pouring out of him, and he feels a bad headache coming on. What the hell was going on?

Jongin was looking at him curiously, and Kyungsoo gives a feeble smile in return, hoping that his fear wasn’t written all over his face. Kyungsoo then turns and tries to concentrate on doing his work, but failed miserably and finally sighed in relief when the bell rang for the next lesson. He packs his bag and heads off, mind constantly going back to that moment when his hands first touched Jongin’s, and all the vivid images in his head.

Kyungsoo eventually pushes the thoughts away as being too nervous on his first day and not having enough sleep the day prior.







Yifan curses as he left the class, leaving behind a stunned looking teacher and shocked students. No time to do damage control, he had to get back to his house as fast as possible. Daeyong, his butler, had messaged him a few minutes earlier, something about Young master, come home quick! There’s an emergency. He knew that it had to be important, because usually Daeyong wouldn’t contact him if it’s a trivial matter.

He strode over to the school’s car park, right over to the spot that’s been reserved for him. Most of the time he doesn’t drive himself, and he prefers being chauffeured, but this time round his chauffeur has already gone back to the house and it’d take him another half an hour for him to fetch Yifan. He almost sighed in pleasure when he slid into the driver’s seat of his ferrari, the metal beauty purring under his touch. He missed this. He decided that he’d most likely take her out for more rides after settling the issues at home. Yifan’s car sped through the morning traffic easily, dodging the occasional congestion by turning corners. He eventually arrived home in twenty minutes, car haphazardly parked in the middle of his front yard.

The air was unnaturally still, and Yifan shuddered as he quickened his pace. His sense of foreboding increased as he stepped into the house. Everything was quiet and the wolf in him immediately reared its head, alert. Be careful, it seemed to say. Yifan merely shushed and sooth the wolf as he climbed the stairs to his father’s study, trepidation building in his blood and threatening to overwhelm him.

“Father?”

Yifan pushes the door open, and was met with a messy sight. The books were all over the place, pieces of paper littered the ground, the chandelier was hanging on its last metal wire, and both the tables and the bookshelves have been pushed to the side. It was almost as if a hurricane had swept in while he was still in school and wiped out the entire room. Looking a little closer, Yifan notices that there were gouge marks right along the table and the floor. It’s as if someone’s been putting up a struggle.

“Young master?”

Yifan tensed as he heard the sudden noise made, but relaxes his shoulders when he realised that it was just Daeyong. He turned back to him, and was surprised to see that Daeyong was quivering slightly.

“What happened?”

“U-um,” Daeyong stuttered, hands the edges of his pockets before pulling out a slim looking phone. He then bows and passes it over to Yifan, who frowns in response. Yifan flips open the phone and a notification about voicemail pops out. He presses on the button and held the phone up to his ears. He tenses once again when a soft sounding voice floated over. This couldn’t be good.

“Hello, Wu Yifan, first son of Wu Heng and in the direct line for the council seat. You must be curious, as to why there’s such a huge mess in your house, and why am I speaking to you right now. You don’t have to worry about any of these two things, as they’re not important. But I do have something that I want you to hear.” There was a short crackling sound, as if the speaker left and pressed the receiver against someone else.

“-kill you and your entire family! Don’t you dare touch my son!” Yifan’s heart stuttered to a stop as he recognised the voice. It was his father. There was a few sharp grunts of pain and the sound of chair clattering before the receiver was snatched away once again. The raspy sounding voice came on once again.

“As you can see, we have your father right here with us, and he isn’t really very comfortable here. We just happen to need a little help and you're the brilliant first son that’d do anything for his family and friends. I really hope that you won’t disappoint us.” There was a short pause while the speaker laughs softly. “Well, anyway let’s cut to the chase. We need you to find us a couple of things, and bring it to us by the upcoming eclipse. The list inside one of the drawers of the study table. We hope you won’t disappoint us Yifan, or else it won’t just be your father’s head on a platter.” A click, and the phone went dead.

Yifan stood there staring at the phone for five minutes, trying to gather himself. His father has been kidnapped, and he tries to swallow that piece of news. Strongest alpha wolf for the past centuries. Kidnapped. Who the were the kidnappers then? They must have a few tricks up their sleeves then. He rubs his temples furiously, going through the mental list of enemies his father has made, and came up with absolutely nothing. Frustrated, he lets out a growl and stalks towards one of the study tables, ignoring the nervous scuffs of Daeyong’s feet. He squatted down and examined the fallen table, sniffing them for any scent tracks and came up with none. The people were smart enough not to leave anything behind. Yifan then pulls at the drawer, revealing a manila envelope addressed to him. He almost snorts at how corny this whole thing was, like a scene out of a bad action movie, but quickly sobered up when he reminds himself that his father’s life is at stake. He peeled off the envelope and took out a short note written in a neat handwriting. The handwriting reminds him of someone, but he couldn’t really place it and his thoughts quickly moved on as he scanned the contents of the letter.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he stuffed the letter into his pocket just as he tapped into everyone’s minds. There was a chorus of what happened Yifan and did something bad happen? Out of all Zitao’s voice stood out to him the most, but he wills the surge of affection away as he responded.

I need your help guys. Come by my house tonight.

After sending that thought out, he turns and stares out of the window, arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed in displeasure. You don’t mess with the Wus and get away with it. Whoever the these people were, there’d be hell to pay once he finds them.

Yifan would make sure of that.