Blood Bounds 3

Blood Bounds

Fear set into every fibre of his being, and the inner wolf in him struggled. He has never felt this way before, being chained down and absolutely powerless. Weak.

He grips the edge of the chair and pulled at the chains that were binding him, snarling when the silver bolts dug deeper into his skin. Those bastards have drilled holes in his body, putting in silver bolts coated with wolfsbane. Once connected with an electrical outlet, the bolts would send volts straight into his bloodstream. It hurts like a , but it’s nothing that an alpha wolf couldn’t take. He had to admire them however, because they were smart enough to keep him just on the edge, enough pain to push, but not enough to break.

Normally he would have been able to break free from a stupid contraption like this, but he realised that they must have done a spell to restrain him. He felt his strength slowly ebbing away the moment he was thrown into this room . He looks up and guesses that it’s the elaborately drawn pentagram that’s causing the problem, and he frowns at the symbols. It’s vaguely familiar, and it stirs an odd instinct to kneel and to show submission. He continues to stare at the symbols for awhile, only for his thoughts to be interrupted by the door opening. He schooled his features into an unfriendly frown and lets out a growl as the robed figure slowly walked towards him. The figure had his hood on, and when he tilts his head slightly he saw that the figure was wearing a mask that covered almost the entire of his face.

“That’s Enochian.” The robed figure rasped, voice as if rough from disuse. “Language of the God.”

Clarity dawned upon him, and he quickly realises why he feels so subdued. He has never really seen or heard any one living write or speak the sacred language, only briefly heard of from his own grandfather, stories of how the world was first created, how God damned them all and how much the angels hated them. The supernatural beings were the lowest in the food chain, forced to wander around at night and out of sight, preying only on the innocent and the young. It wasn’t long before mankind found out about the characters that should belong only in horror stories. The first form of protection that humans were given against the supernatural was the Enochian language. They practiced protection spells, and went out on raids to hunt down all of the werewolves, vampires, faeries and many other. Almost every species were hunted to near extinction in the 1300s. Everyone laid low, forced to scavange for food in the wee hours of the morning, nothing but scraps for meals. It was a difficult period.

But then one day, everything changed. The skies split open to spit out angry red rain, washing the lands in it’s bloody trail. The grounds started to crumble, and the humans were losing their home. They were starved, homeless, and sick. Everyone was sick, and they spoke of how the devil must have released his wrath on the people, angered at how his children were being treated. And whispers of the apocalypse swept the entire nation, travelling from Europe to Asia, Asia to the Americas. The first of the four horsemen was walking the streets, riding on his white horse and touching people, spreading the plague like wildfire.

That’s when the supernatural beings started going out on the road again. Their bodies were built of sturdier stuffs, and they couldn’t catch the same things the human caught. And with the red skies and sunless days, they had no more reason to stay hidden. Their numbers tripled in strength, and soon the streets were littered with wolves chewing off human heads, vampires the life out from people, faeries jinxing and killing everyone. This caused even more of the humans to die, and with the plague almost the whole of the entire planet was wiped out.

The angels then made a pact with the first of the first alphas, and the devil himself. If the angels allowed the supernatural beings to walk in the light and have their fair share of food without killing or being caught, the humans would be rid of the plague. And then the plague stopped, and gradually over the years mankind forgot about the supernatural beings that were once feared.

“Your son must have gotten our message, Wu Heng. And from what I’ve heard about him he seems pretty capable. Let’s hope that he won’t disappoint, the eclipse is only in less than a month.” The robed figure spoke again.

“What do you want with him? He’s just a ing kid for god’s sake.” Wu Heng snarled, pulling against his restraints. They will not touch his son. He was already pissed that they’ve managed to leave a message for him, coupled with the fact that he has no idea what they’re making his son do makes him want to tear his teeth into the robed man’s flesh. He gnashed his teeth together angrily. The robed figure placed a hand onto Wu Heng’s shoulders, gripping tight enough to stop him from moving. He leans down, mouth right next to his left ear to whisper.

“It’s easy, I just want him to help us to reopen the gates for pur-”





“Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo! Are you listening?”

Someone was shaking Kyungsoo repeatedly, rousing the boy from his dream. Kyungsoo opened his eyes blearily, and was caught in surprise when he realises that the whole of the class were staring at him, including the very pissed off looking teacher. He mumbles a soft sorry and the teacher sighed before going back to her lesson about logarithms. He turns to his left to see Jongdae looking at him, concerned.

“Are you okay? It seemed like a really vivid dream. You were trembling and mumbling things.”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Kyungsoo merely nods.

Truthfully, Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if he was fine. He’s been having more vivid dreams lately, and it’s starting to involve some very weird storylines. Maybe he’s been indulging in too much Vampire Diaries with Baekhyun. Kyungsoo slaps himself mentally when the teacher called him out for spacing out again. It’s been almost a week since he’s transferred over, and he still hasn’t gotten the hang of things around here. First off, he keeps forgetting where his classes were, and secondly he still has no idea where his locker was. So he ends up lugging his books back home everyday. And there’s also the fact that Kim Jongin was in every one of his classes, making it extremely hard for him to concentrate. There was just something about that tousled hair, prominent jawline and eyes that just burns yo-

Focus.

The day eventually ends, and Kyungsoo gathers all his things and left the classroom. On his way out he almost bumps into Yifan, and the rest of Jongin’s friends. He sends a tentative smile when Luhan waves enthusiastically at him, and walks briskly away when he feels the rest of their eyes on him. Aside from Luhan, everyone else was just kinda... intimidating.

Kyungsoo was almost halfway home when he realises that he’s left his textbook behind. And he couldn’t leave it there because it has all the questions for his homework inside. The teacher would skin him if he didn’t hand up his work. He sighed and looked mournfully at the direction of his house before turning around and walking back to school.








Jongin had disliked Oh Sehun from the moment he landed his eyes on him. All that pink hair, cocksure attitude and lazy replies made him want to strangle him. So it was somewhat of a miracle that Jongin isn’t tearing his pretty little throat right now.

Steady. Yifan’s voice warned him in his head. He snorts.

Sehun was sitting in one of the classroom’s seat, legs crossed and his hands laid prim and proper over. He had his poker face on, but Jongin didn’t miss the occasional flicker of eyes towards Luhan.

“You might want to reconsid-” Yifan starts.

“Or more like you need my help?” Sehun rolls his eyes. “It’s not like I'm dumb you know. Something bad has happened in your household, and you’re just hiding things from the rest of your... dogs.”

This time it was Jongin who was holding Yifan back as he lunges for Sehun.

“Listen here, brat.” Chanyeol begins, bracing both of his hands on the table in front of Sehun. “You’re not someone who can rule the whole vampire community, you’re still young and stupid as . We’ve been through more fights than you can count, so don’t you push it and put on airs around us.”

“We’re proposing something that’s gonna benefit both parties in the future.” Zitao walks over and stood next to Chanyeol. “It’s not like you’re gonna lose out from being protected by us.”

“I’m not a kid okay? I’m more than capable of handling my own .” Sehun stood up, and walked towards the door. Jongin immediately moved to block his way, glaring defiantly back at Sehun when he hisses.

“Move out of the way.”

“No. Not until you say yes.” Jongin narrows his eyes.

“Then I’m just gonna have to take you down then.” Sehun smirks.

If it weren’t for Jongin’s heightened sense, he would have completely be unable to dodge Sehun’s incoming attack. His fist was flying towards his face fast, and Jongin ducks. This resulted in Sehun planting his entire fist into the wall, and when he pulled back there were large cracks all over, as if someone has crashed a bulldozer into it. Jongin ducks again as Sehun swerves and swings his feet up in a roundhouse kick, cursing as he rolled out of the way. He briefly hears Sehun chuckle before his face is right up against his, brown eyes turning abnormally red and tongue slowly swiping across protruding fangs.

“Are you sure you want to fight with me, Kim Jongin? Have you forgotten that I’m an alpha now?” Sehun breathes, breath smelling faintly of copper, and Jongin abruptly wonders if he’s just had his meal.

“Ah, I don’t think that being an alpha matters with you. Do you want to give me your home’s address? I do need to carry your dead body over later anyway.” Jongin smirks before retreating. He saw Yifan give him a nod of permission and a careful, we still need him in his head before Jongin bares his teeth, which was slowly transforming themselves into sharp fangs as he gave himself into the change. His body rippled, and a second later he was pawing the ground with his paws, watching Sehun carefully as the other moved easily towards him.

“Aw, little Jonginnie has come out to play?” He coos.

Jongin lunges for him just as the other leapt for him too. They clash against one another, claws digging into skin, fangs biting into flesh. Sehun pushes him off as the elder lands on him, snarling and swiping his nails against Jongin’s sides. Jongin stumbles backwards as Sehun aimed another kick at his face, and laughed when Sehun missed. The younger had a look of concentration on his face, and Jongin once again leapt for the boy, and manages to bite at his shoulders. There was a shriek of pain and then Jongin was sent flying through the air, and he catches himself to land just as he lands. Sehun was clutching his shoulders, frown marring his features, and Jongin decided that he’s done enough. He decides to transform back.

If Jongin had been listening and not concentrating on the fight, he would have heard the soft footsteps that were approaching the classroom. If Yifan, Luhan, Junmyeon, Zitao and Chanyeol weren’t absorbed in trying to catch the two blurring figures as they fight, they would have heard the drag of sliding classroom doors. If, if, if.

“Oh my god Kyungsoo!” Luhan shouts, eyes widening as he took in the fact that Kyungsoo was standing right at the entrance of the class. Jongin turns, and took in the shock on Kyungsoo’s features. His eyes were darting between Sehun and him, and Jongin suddenly feels very conscious that he’s buck .

“I-I... You. Him.” Kyungsoo stuttered, fingers pointing at Sehun, eyes widening even further as Sehun looks up and grins at him, all red eyes and sharp fangs. Yifan sighed audibly from behind Jongin.

Kyungsoo fainted a second after.

“Well...” Chanyeol drawls. “The dog’s out of the bag now isn’t it?”

 

a/n: early update bc everyone's being ridiculously kind and nice to me, think of it as a thank-you present from me? anyway, i've changed some things in chapter one and two, nothing major just things like eclipse instead of full moon etc. next chapter would be up soon, and sorry that this one was just kinda short. i'll be back to edit tomorrow, since this is unbeta-ed as usual.

and a shout out to tetsuko_chin on livejournal, who has so very kindly created a banner for this ^_^ thank you so much! <3