She cried... Again.

I Woke Up Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seunghyun and Tiffany’s Villa
Hannam-dong, Seoul
8.30 p.m.

 

Didn’t you always read in the Internet that the hot BIGBANG rapper always stays locked up in his cave? Well, it’s true. Choi Seunghyun preferred he stays home rather than party or hang out someplace else. He is most comfortable inside his luxurious villa watching DVDs or listening to music or he’ll just laze around in his big oversized bed eating junk food.

 

The love-of-his-life, Shin Min Ah would usually accompany him if she is not busy with work and would cook for him and Seunghyun’s day would be absolutely perfect. She would sometimes spend the rest of the night there. And his mom would sometimes drop by and visit.

 

His villa.
His cave.
His comfort zone.
His place of solitude.

 

Until he woke up married one day and all of that changed.

 

He suddenly doesn’t want to be left alone in that home.
Well, he wasn’t alone technically…

 

Tiffany is there; his wife is there with him.

 

And it’s a not a home for Seunghyun anymore.
The home has become a house now.

 

And Shin Min Ah refuses to spend time there as well. She felt she lost her right to be there. She is just the girlfriend, and she can’t move inside the house with the wife being there. At least, she respects authority.

 

Seunghyun and Shin Min Ah cannot really spend much time in Shin Min Ah’s house because her parents live with her, and they cannot really date freely outside because as much as everyone knows about their relationship they still wanted to keep their moments private.

 

Basically, Seunghyun didn’t have so much choice but to get used to seeing the Girls Generation member go in and out of what used to be an empty guest room. Not that she is getting in his way, but he of course had not imagined any of the situation that they are in now.

 

But Tiffany is usually locked up in her room. And she is also an idol like Seunghyun so she doesn’t have a fixed schedule. She leaves whenever to wherever. She also doesn’t tell Seunghyun where she is going or what time she will be back or how many days she will be gone. And Seunghyun doesn’t tell her what goes on with his life either. Like they will care anyway.

 

They seemed like housemates.
Only, housemates talk to each other.
Seunghyun and Tiffany don’t.

 

They simply nod at each other.
Acknowledge each other’s presence if each one has arrived and their paths crossed.

 

Seunghyun doesn’t even know where she eats. All he knows is that she has those cartons of milk and bottles of fruit juices in the refrigerator. He wanted to ask her but that would start a conversation and he doesn’t want that.

 

He doesn’t want to do anything with Tiffany.

 

All he wanted with her was divorce and nothing else.
Nothing else but divorce.


 

And he wanted it the soonest.

 

Never a day that he didn’t wish that it would come fast. Shin Min Ah would always complain how their relationship had changed because of Tiffany. Seunghyun could not defend Tiffany because one time that he did, Shin Min Ah didn’t talk to him for weeks. She thought he was developing some feelings with his wife, when truth is they really don’t talk to each other. Shin Min Ah went as far as saying she wanted to review the CCTV tapes in his house to see what happens in Seunghyun’s house.

 

Truth is the relationship between Seunghyun and Shin Min Ah did change. Shin Min Ah became insecure, jealous and bitter.

 

Who wouldn’t?

 

Her boyfriend is married to a more gorgeous, younger and ier lady?
And they are living under one roof.

 

And things can happen.

 

Yes.
Things can happen.

 

Mmmm.
You know things...

 

Like what happened in Tiffany’s birthday.
More than just greeting ‘Happy Birthday’ things.
Those things.

 

And Shin Min Ah can feel the pressure.
She is scared… and threatened.
And scared… and threatened.

 

She started to be strict on Seunghyun. She had become more irritated and more demanding. She flares up easily. She doesn’t accept Seunghyun’s apologies as quickly as before and she asserts herself and her reasons more. And Seunghyun cannot do anything… he is the one who is married to someone else, not her, and he cannot stop Shin Min Ah for feeling bad nor he can stop her every time she blames Tiffany for everything that has happened. Even if they all know it wasn’t her fault, still they have to look for someone to blame that ‘misfortune’ for. Isn’t all people like that? Always looking for something or someone to blame? Looking for reasons for everything…

 

And that someone has a name: Tiffany.

 

Seunghyun just keeps quiet and takes everything in. He follows Shin Min Ah. So when Shin Min Ah mentioned just once to him that she couldn’t possibly catch Seunghyun talking to Tiffany, Seunghyun took it as if it was cast in stone.

 

Seunghyun really does not talk to her, until one afternoon, he didn’t know what came to him…

 

Seunghyun saw Tiffany take out her empty trolley bag.

 

“You’re going someplace?” He asked her.

 

Wow.
He was talking to her.
That’s new.

 

“I’m flying to Jeju.” She said without looking at him. “My friends from the States are going there.”

 

“Can I come?” He asked.

 

It was Tiffany’s turn to remain silent.

 

Did the sun rise from the west?

 

First, he spoke to her and then he wanted to come with her to Jeju? Tiffany stared at Seunghyun who darted his eyes away from her. She was waiting for him to take back what he just said. But he’s a man and for sure, it’s so cowardly to take it back.

 

“Are you serious?” She gave her the chance to take it back though.

 

He nodded and shifted his eyes back to her.

 

Goodness.
Those eyes.

 

Tiffany held her breath.

 

For a moment, for a single moment, her heart leaped when she remembered that she now checks ‘Married’ whenever she needed to provide her Civil Status information. Courtesy of this man whose eyes can either make you pregnant or kill you because it makes you out of breath.

 

Tiffany Hwang freaking held her breath.
No, make that Tiffany Choi (who now checks or writes ‘Married’ as her Civil Status).

 

Those eyes.

 

“O-o-oh-oh-oh-kay.” She stammered. A long Oh + Okay.

 

She humiliated herself in front of Seunghyun. Well, aren’t couples supposed to know more about each other as days pass by? So how about showing Seunghyun that it takes a while before she returns to normal after she blushes really red?

 

Tiffany wanted to disappear.

 

“When are you leaving?” Seunghyun went closer to her. About three steps away from her.

 

Three steps away.
That’s close.

 

She couldn’t speak now.

 

Those eyes.

 

“You sick?” He touched her forehead while he touched his own neck.

 

Tiffany removed his hand away from her head.

 

Spell electricity.

 

Now, they both stopped and looked away from each other.

 

Somebody call 911.

 

“I’m fine.” She said after a few seconds.

 

Read: After a few seconds.
They needed some time to recover.

 

Seunghyun nodded without looking at her. Seems like being lost for words is viral and contagious.

 

“I’m leaving this weekend. Taking Jeju Air's ten a.m. flight from Gimpo.” She told Seunghyun not looking at him, so she was not sure if he was looking at her (he was not). “If you really are then I’ll add up another room in my reservation.”

 

“I will come.” He told Tiffany and walked towards his room.

 

“TOP…” She called out when he was about to close his door.

 

“Why?”

 

“Nothing. I just wanted to go.” He answered then he closed the door.

 

Tiffany was not keeping her hopes high that he would come. She was having mixed feelings actually. What’s in it for her if Seunghyun would come? It could be a start of friendship maybe… she offered him friendship before but he declined. And for once, maybe they can just kill off any awkwardness and animosity between the two of them.

 

He showed her his ticket the very next day to confirm that they are indeed on the same flight. So Tiffany went and booked another hotel room for Seunghyun. She told her friends someone else will be joining them in this trip.

 

She was undecided what to call Seunghyun: friend or husband. Funny that he wasn’t really her friend yet but he was actually her husband. She settled on the ‘colleague’.

 

After a few months of living together, they had a reason to talk. They had a reason to exchange text messages for.

 

And they had a reason to fight.

 

 

Gimpo Airport
Haneul-gil, Gangseo-gu
Seoul

 

Tiffany waited but he never came.
Seunghyun never came.

 

She had to wait for the last flight which was six hours later.

 

She cried.
Again.

 

She tried calling him so many times but he didn’t pick up. She was stopping herself from crying at first until finally she couldn’t control it anymore. She was at the airport; a very public place.

 

Tiffany called up Seunghyun’s manager and asked for his whereabouts. She explained to Manager-Hyung that Seunghyun was supposed to go with her to Jeju that day, which the manager quickly laughed off and called impossible. It was Shin Min Ah’s grandpa’s birthday; Seunghyun wouldn’t miss it for the world. It was ages before he could get Grandpa’s approval and there are many guys who Grandpa would like for his precious granddaughter Min Ah, not Seunghyun. In fact, Manager-Hyung told Tiffany, Seunghyun bought a new suit that he would wear for the birthday celebration.

 

“But he even bought a ticket Oppa.” Tiffany swallowed. She can’t possibly let him hear that she feels affected that she got stood up, so she tried very best to act normal.

 

“I’ll put you on conference call, Tiffany-ssi.” Manager-Hyung sounded irritated.

 

He called up Seunghyun while Tiffany was still on the other line. In about three rings, Seunghyun answered.

 

He picked up his phone.
Tiffany closed her eyes and fresh hot tears fell from her eyes again.

 

 “Hyung.” Seunghyun answered.

 

“Seunghyun.” The Manager laughed, “Are you at Min Ah’s grandparents’ house already? Isn’t it too early? The party’s in the evening right?”

 

“Yes, but she wanted to come early.” Seunghyun replied.

 

“Oh, I see.” His Manager couldn’t suppress his happiness because obviously he proved Tiffany wrong. “Have fun. Say hi to Min Ah for me. And Happy Birthday to Gramps”

 

“Sure Hyung. Thanks.”

 

When Seunghyun had ended his phone call, Tiffany exactly knew what to tell his Manager.

 

“Thanks Oppa. Maybe I told him the wrong date. Maybe I told him it’s still next week.”

 

Ouch.
As if it was her mistake.

 

Seunghyun’s manager just laughed at Tiffany. He’s going to tell Seunghyun later on how his ‘wife’ ever believed that he was going with her to Jeju. That was funny, really funny. As if it was really going to happen. And that even became a joke among the people in YG; on how Tiffany ever believed that Seunghyun was coming with her to Jeju.

 

And his manager did call him right after he and Tiffany ended their conversation.

 

Seunghyun was not able to eat at the party.

 

He forgot.
He freaking forgot.

 

When he told Tiffany he’d come with her, he had a fight with Shin Min Ah the night before. Shin Min Ah had asked for some time and space for the mean time and he thought going to Jeju was a chance to mend his broken heart. But days after, they made up.

 

He didn’t see his phone ringing because it was with Shin Min Ah, she only gave it to him when it was his manager calling him. Then he saw Tiffany’s missed calls and messages.

 

She didn’t take the flight. She waited for him.

 

He suddenly felt guilty.
He really did.

 

He couldn’t tell Shin Min Ah that he’s supposed to go Jeju with Tiffany. That meant a real break-up between the two of them.

 

Seunghyun wanted to follow Tiffany and apologize but he couldn’t leave. He tried calling Tiffany but it’s Tiffany that wouldn’t pick up this time around. He sent her numerous messages but she didn’t reply to any of it either.

 

Tiffany cried and cried. She can’t take of any of the next succeeding flights because all of them were full. She went to the farthest (and secluded) restroom and cried hugging her bag. She didn’t deserve any of this.

 

And she hated herself that she waited for Seunghyun.
And that he never asked her to wait for him but she still did.
And after all this time, she had let other people hurt her.

 

Everyone, including her family and friends doubts her.
Nichkhun left her.

 

Her friends who came from the States were reluctant to leave her behind. When Tiffany was forced to tell them that it was Seunghyun, her husband whom she was waiting for, they suddenly shifted their moods. Their faces show that they too, doubted Tiffany the moment she mentioned his name. They were like the others too who believed Tiffany and Seunghyun had something going on.

 

Tiffany pitied herself.
All she’s got were the Lee’s and her tears.

 

At least she’s got lots of tears.
Lots of them.

 

She spent four days and three nights in Jeju and toured her friends around. And yes, the feeling was a bit off with her friends. It wasn’t as fun as she expected it to be. Tiffany was really disappointed and so are her friends. And she had caught them so many times talking behind her back, about things concerning her and Seunghyun.

 

She only cried harder in Jeju.

 

Good thing there was an extra room reserved for Mr. Choi Seunghyun.
Mrs. Choi Seunghyun used it instead.

 

 

Seunghyun and Tiffany’s Villa
Hannam-dong, Seoul
4 p.m.

 

Tiffany found Seunghyun and Shin Min Ah cuddled in the sofa when she arrived back from Jeju. She didn’t bow like she normally she does. She was very pissed off at Seunghyun she couldn’t even look at him. She went straight to her room and right after she sorted her things, she showered.

 

She wanted to take a nap when she heard a knock.

 

“Let’s talk.” It’s Seunghyun.

 

She did not answer.

 

“Let’s talk, Miyoung.” His voice was deeper.

 

Miyoung.
She didn’t know Seunghyun knows her real name.

 

He knocked some more.  “Miyoung, please…”

 

She opened the door.

 

“I forgot.” Seunghyun got straight to the point. And he did not lie, at least Tiffany needs to give him credit for that.

 

“Okay.” Tiffany nodded unenthusiastically then held on the doorknob again about to close door when Seunghyun stopped it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter