The One Where Haylee's Homesick - Pt. I

Beautiful Stranger
Episode 25

A couple of days already past since their first date and they went back to their nightly performances on music shows as the boys were nearing in the end of their promotions.

 

Soon enough, news got out that the boys were back in the studio to prepare for their repackage album that is due at the end of the summer, meaning that they were about to spend more time recording and practicing.

 

With Seungho busy, Haylee took her time alone to go back to the first reason she came to Seoul: tourism.

 

With everything that has been going on, she put aside that project and went on as a part timer at the coffee house, a backup dancer and a girlfriend.

 

Now things were slowly going back to what they used to be before she met Seungho meaning, wandering the streets of the city while discovering new things.

 

Being all by herself, she was starting to miss her home along with her family.

 

It's already been two months and she could feel the weight of independence on her shoulders.

 

Being around so many people in such a short time, the reality of being so far away from her comfort zone only hit her now.

 

 

She was still walking down the street until she found herself in a park.

 

She walked towards a table that was under some tree, perfect spot for some quiet time and away from the hot sun of July. She noticed that a lot of the people that were present were mostly families and at every corner, she could see little kids running around with their siblings as their parents were sunbathing and enjoying a calm day, just between the family.

 

She lets out a deep sigh and places her head on her arm across the table and closes her eyes for a moment until she heard her phone ring.

 

She picks it out of her bag and looks at the caller ID.

 

Her mood changes a little looking at the screen: Seungho was calling.

 

“Hello?”

 

Hey babe, how are you?

 

“I'm good, how about you?”

 

A little bit tired but I'll survive. Where are you?

 

“I'm at a park, not sure which one though, why?”

 

Hmm, I was thinking that we could maybe grab a bite to eat?

 

“Sure, I’ll come by the studio”

 

Okay! Where about to take a break soon, so how about an hour?

 

“I’ll see you in an hour then…”

 

Haylee? are you okay?

 

“Yes, why?”

 

Nothing, you just seemed a little bit off

 

“It's nothing, I guess I just miss you~”

 

I miss my pretty girl too

 

“You better miss me mister~”

 

Don't worry, I do. I see you later babe? I love you.”

 

“Okay, I love you too.”

 

After the phone call, Haylee packed her stuff and headed towards the nearest place for food.

 

Since she was joining Seungho to eat, she decided to make a surprise and order some food on her way to the studio.

 

She finally arrived and ordered a little bit of everything along with some drinks.

 

In the end, she left with three bags full of food and one bag containing beverages.

 

She let Seungho know that she was on her way, just not mentioning how close she was so he wouldn't wait for her at the entrance thinking that the surprise could be ruined.

 

She finally made it on time as she found herself in front of the entrance of JTC's building.

 

With a lot of difficulty, she was able to open the door and walked her way through the hallway until she reached the studio's level. It wasn't her first time in that part of the building so finding her way was pretty much easy, thanks to mister tour guide Yang Seungho.

 

She slowly walked in the hallway, not wanting to make any sound and as quietness was filling the air, she could hear some laugh and males voices from the distance. She smiled satisfied with her discovery and knocked on the glassed window hoping she wasn't interrupting something important.

 

Through the door, Seungho looked up from where he was sitting and a big grin appeared on his face, happy to see his girlfriend. T

 

he others looked at him and followed to where he was looking and smirked once they knew the reason their friend was so widely smiling. Seungho got up from his seat and walked towards the door, opening it and greeting Haylee in a bear hug.

 

Taken by surprise, she laughed and hugged him back, taking in his scent that she loved.

 

“Hi”

 

“Hi to you too~”

 

“What do you have here?”

 

“Hmm, something you will love”

 

“Haylee –”

 

“Shush, and go back in!”

 

He follows her order as she bent down to pick up the bags and walks in shyly greeting the others with a bow.

 

“I hope you don't mind but since Seungho told me that you guys were about to have a break I went and bought some food and took the liberty of buying a little bit of everything since I don't know your personal preferences. I hope it's okay?”

 

The rest of the members along with their manager and producers were at awe seeing how thoughtful Haylee was even though it was the first time they met her.

 

On the other side, Seungho has his jaw dropped at what she did but couldn't help himself fall further in love seeing how kind she was towards people she hasn't met before today.

 

“Haylee!”

 

“What?!”

 

“N-nothing.”

 

“I'm finally paying you back Yang Seungho so stay put!”

 

The others were on the verge of laughing as they looked at Seungho but immediately turned the other with a straight face as he was giving them his famous death glare.

 

He got up from his seat and helped Haylee with the bags she was carrying.

 

They emptied the table from all the paperwork and laid all the food she bought across it surprising everybody with just how much she bought.

 

Seungho leans in closer to whisper to her, his eyes wide open from how much she must have spent. “How much did you pay for all this?”

 

“I don’t really remember…”

 

They all thanked her deciding on taking their break right now.

 

Seungho made her sit on the couch while the others were all around the table choosing what to eat.

 

Like a pure buffet I say!

I think I'm hungry now.

I guess I'll have to wait.

What about you readers?

Something to give me to eat?

Pretty please?

Pfft! Whatever!

 

Seungho went back to sit next to Haylee and started to eat, sharing his plate with her as they kept a conversation with the rest of the people in the room.

 

She soon forgot about her bad mood earlier today, hiding it deep inside her brain, wanting to focus on getting to know the boys and enjoying her time with her boyfriend.

 

Even though she tried her best, Seungho could still sense that something wasn't fully right with Haylee today and it seems that he was the only one who noticed since the others were to engrossed either in their food or keeping up conversation with his girl.

 

Another hour past and they were practically done.

 

They cleaned up the table and went back to work. Haylee was standing by the door with Seungho as he thanked her for the food.

 

“Do you want to stay?”

 

“Can I?”

 

“Of course! Plus, you look more tired than me. Are you one hundred percent sure you're fine? You're not falling sick are you?”

 

“Maybe I don't know. I'm just feeling out of it I guess, I don't know why though…”

 

“Then it's better if you stay, I'll drive you back home when we're done.”

 

“Thanks”

 

She pecks him on the cheek and heads back to the couch with Seungho leading the way.

 

She comfortably sits at the edge of the couch with Seungho placing his arms around her shoulders making her lean her head against him.

 

He kisses the top of her head and softly her hair trying to make her as comfortable as possible.

 

His soothing action makes her close her eyes, enjoying how calm it was making her and founds herself practically falling asleep.

 

One of the boys looked over and smiled at the happy couple and noticed that Haylee had her eyes closed showing that she was falling asleep.

 

He looked back at Seungho and motioned him to look at his girlfriend. He did so and looked down at Haylee seeing that she did actually fall asleep despite the noises in the room.

 

He places another kiss on her head and wraps both arms around her taking a deep breath as he kept thinking if she was simply that tired or if she just didn't feel good today.

 

He gently her arm and couldn't help but worry about her.

 

There was something she wasn't telling him and it only made him more concern about her health.