The One Where there's an Electric Shock

Beautiful Stranger
Episode 15

A couple of days past and now we're nearing towards the end of May.

 

With MBLAQ's comeback coming near, Seungho and Haylee kept up through some phone calls and text messages.

 

Fortunately enough, Seungho called up to Haylee letting her know that he was free and that if she wanted to join him back at the studio so they could continue where they left off with their lesson, to which she gladly agreed too.

 

 

By now, they were both back to the studio, where Seungho continued to teach his crush with the same music sheet from their first lesson.

 

After a busy morning, he was finally able to enjoy some free time with Haylee, something he's been dreading to have since the last time he saw her. They were having a more playful time compared to the first time and he was happy with this, since they got to open up more about each other.

 

He got to know her a little bit more and it didn't stop him from having his heart beating at a crazy pace. Sitting so close to her wasn't helping either. He wanted to do something about it. Hold her, hug her, kiss her, just anything to have a feel about how soft her skin is, how sweet she smelled and how tasteful her lips were against his.

 

Controlling this impulse he had was probably one of the most difficult thing he had to do, but if he still wanted to be around her, he knew that he couldn't ruin the friendship they had just for that weak moment he could have at anytime.

 

It was getting late now that the afternoon was over and that the sun was slowly setting down. Being unaware of their surroundings, they were happily enjoying their time until Seungho's phone starts to ring. Looking at the caller ID, one of the boys was calling him. Not wanting to be interrupted, instead of answering, he ignores the call and goes back to Haylee.

 

“Are you sure it was wise? What if it was important?”

 

“Don't worry about it, it was just G.O calling.”

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

They were back to practice for another couple of minutes until Haylee's stomach started to growl, announcing her state of hunger. It was loud enough for Seungho to hear and chuckled looking at Haylee's blushed faced. “Sorry about that…”

 

“I guess it's time to stop for today.”

 

She started packing, not noticing the look Seungho was giving her amused at the shyness she was giving with what just happened.

 

“How is your touring so far?”

 

“It’s fun”

 

“How about during nighttime?”

 

“What about it?”

 

“Have you walked through the city at night?”

 

“No, why? Is it as nice as it is during the day?”

 

“With the lights of the city, yes”

 

“I guess it's something to add on my list”

 

“How about we go now?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I can show you right now Seoul at night and we can go for a bite to eat if you want. I know that you're hungry and so am I, so why not?”

 

“I don't mind, but with the day you had, don't you want to go back to the dorms and sleep? You're getting busier by the minute”

 

“If you don't want to go just say so-”

 

“No, it's not that… I just don't want to be a bother to you-”

 

“You're not. I'm the one that offered… So what do you say?”

 

“I'd love too then.”

 

With everything packed up, they left the building.

 

Haylee had no clue to where Seungho was bringing her, and instead she let her instinct take the better of her as she let go of her curiosity while following whatever her heart was telling her to do.

 

She took her place back in the passenger seat in his car next to him waiting. “So… What did you have in mind?”

 

“I was thinking we could maybe go to Itaewon?”

 

“Perfect, I haven't been there yet!”

 

“I guess I'll be your tour guide for the night~”

 

“Then drive away mister. Show me what's in store!”

 

On the drive, the radio was on at a low volume while they were talking about the places Haylee visited since she arrived at the beginning of the month.

 

He took a liking listening to her stories seeing that she could never stop being amazed by the cultural shock she's been living since she stepped foot in the country.

 

They finally arrived at their destination.

 

Seungho parked his car and they both got out ready to start the night walk.

 

By now, the sun was long gone and the stars were slowly appearing in the night sky with the moon already shining. Luckily enough, even though the streets seemed to be busy, nobody was paying attention to both of them.

 

Maybe because it was for his disguise, but at least they got to enjoy their time together more and more and this, since they first met.

 

As they were walking, Seungho was showing her around explaining things and answering her questions.

 

They were now standing in front of a street food cart, looking for what to eat.

 

Haylee let Seungho choose what was the best choice for a night like this which made him smile, content with her trust. After he made his order, they waited by the food cart with Haylee looking in one direction while Seungho was discreetly looking at her.

 

At that moment, no matter how crowded the streets were, she was all he could see. Feeling like someone was staring at her, Haylee turned her head around and blushed seeing that Seungho had his eyes straight at her, taking her by surprise.

 

“Seungho?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Is everything okay?”

 

“Yes.”

 

With a smile on his face, their food was finally out as Haylee was ready to pay for her half when Seungho stopped her by, again, paying for everything. She huffed, partly annoyed, since it was the second time he did so. “Seungho, it’s too much!”

 

“It's food! It' never too much!”

 

“You know what I mean. First the grocery store and now this?”

 

“I'm the one that invited you out, the least I could do is pay, right?”

 

“Well keep this in mind. I definitely owe you something… Something big.”

 

“Whatever it is, I'll be waiting~”

 

They were standing beside the food cart as they were eating and talking.

 

It doesn't get as simple as this.

 

It was nothing special but it meant a lot to both of them.

 

Truthfully, he couldn't fall deeper in love with her as he spent, what could be, one memorable night with her. He only wished to end it with a kiss but unfortunately, he didn't want to end this night on a bad note.

 

On the food stand, something caught his eye as he used his wooden chopstick and picked up a piece of food and placed in front of her, waiting for Haylee to eat off of it. She didn't understand what he was doing and only laughed.

 

“Stop laughing and eat it”

 

“Oh, I didn't know what you were doing…”

 

He leans in closer until she was able to reach the food that was at the end of the chopstick and quickly puts it in .

 

All of this and Seungho didn't stop looking at her.

 

Once she was chewing the food, she looked straight into his eyes and couldn't look somewhere else as she felt something pulling her further towards him.

 

Just for that moment, everything around them was a blur.

 

Their faces were only centimeters away from each other, enough to feel their breath against each other's lips. Seungho was slowly stepping closer as he leaned his face closer to hers until, out of the blue, she jerked back and hid behind the food cart. Completely confused, he followed her behind to see what just happened. “Haylee?”

 

“Shush!” The sudden action made him jump and leaned closer to her so he could whisper. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I'm hiding… I think we'll get caught if we don't leave now.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

She wasn't able to answer him when they both heard someone calling Seungho's name out.

 

He turns his head around and curses seeing that he was found out. Without thinking he grabs onto Haylee's hand and starts running, hoping that it wasn't too late and that they wouldn't get in trouble.

 

As they were running away, they did their best not to bump into people and were able to succeed as they skipped every chance they got.

 

Without a second thought, he brought her over to the nearest park and hid behind some bushes. Since it was night, he thought it would be best not to hide behind an alley and that without anyone in the park, they could catch their breath before leaving.

 

Haylee crashes on the ground, still holding onto his hand, making him drop on the grass.

 

Taking deep breaths, she slowly starts to laugh because of how the situation turned out and as if it was contagious he starts laughing too.

 

Their laughing subsides as Haylee lies on the grass and looks up.

 

They haven't said a word to each other yet and they were still holding hands.

 

Haylee needed to collect her thoughts since they were all over the place and was aware that her hand was still holding on to his. She doesn't deny it, she felt some kind of spark the moment he grabbed it.

 

Despite the circumstances, she didn't want to let go.

 

She closed her eyes, letting the small breeze hit her warm skin and cool off for a little bit.

 

On the other hand, Seungho was looking at her and from there he laid his eyes on the held hands. Like Haylee, he felt some kind of spark and the moment his skin touched hers, a sudden wave of electricity ran through his body.

 

He doesn't remember the last time he felt like this when he was holding onto his girlfriend(s) hands and truthfully he doesn't really care since he knows that it was nothing compared to how he was feeling right now.

 

Like her, he lies on the grass and looks up. His grip barely tightens as he intertwined his fingers with hers. He turns his head to look at her and sees a smile slowly appearing on her face, with her eyes still closed.

 

Just like that, she was falling more in love and wished that this night would never end.

 

But reality hit her when her phone started to ring. She reluctantly sat up and broke away from his grip leaving both of them with a sudden feeling of emptiness as she grabbed her phone out of her pocket and looked at the caller ID.

 

Myung Hee was calling.

 

She answered her phone and let her know where she was, reassuring her friend since she noticed she hasn't come home yet, thinking that something must have happened to her, just like last time. Finishing her call, she hits the grass and sighs feeling like the moment she just had with Seungho was over.

 

She turned to him and blushed for the nth time when she saw that he was looking at her.

 

“It-it's getting late. I think they're gone now.”

 

“Myung Hee called?”

 

“Yes. She wants me to let you know that if you don't bring me back in one piece she'll ruin you.”

 

“Ah, Myung Hee. Always with a threat lying around in her head~”

 

“What is that suppose to mean?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

And with that, their night ended, and unlike how Seungho hoped for, without a kiss.

 

Just a simple goodbye was said but for him, it wasn't enough.

 

He could still feel her touch lingering in his palm as he closes it along with his eyes and laid back on his seat in his car, his heart pumping faster at the thought of his beautiful stranger.