It's a Tao thing

365: Visions Of A Soul

CHAPTER 3...

 

Bloody mess.

 

A bloody, bloody heck of a mess. That’s what Kris would like to call it as he saw Tao’s body sprawled all over the floor. Limbs all tangled with his pillows, bed sheets and blanket.

 

He grimaced. “ZITAO!”

 

“ZITAO! Zitao what? What? Who be callin my name? Zitao? Wait who am I?” The younger male stood up, alert and surprised with a deep voice booming in the room. Still wide-eyed and shirtless, Tao scratched his head in a dumb founded manner with the blanket wrapped around his lower body. His eyes then searched around the room before his gaze landed on Kris’ pissed face.

 

“Well good morning.”

 

“Errrr..good morning gege?”

 

“Didn’t I reminded you last night not to mess with my bed?”

 

“, not your OCD.”

 

“Don’t you even try to curse in front of me Huang Edison Zitao. I’m older than you and if you don’t fix my bed after 5 minutes, I am so going to castrate you.”

 

“Castrate? Gege, shouldn’t I be the one speaking the gay language here?”

 

“HUANG ZITAO!” Kris growled furiously and Tao eventually scampered and raised his hands in defeat. “I’m going to fix it! I’m going to fix it!”

 

“Now that’s better.” Kris stated, throwing a pair of black jeans and a v-neck towards Tao’s direction. “I’m expecting you to be out of this room after 30 minutes or so. We’re going to finish our job before sunset and so we have to prepare.” The latter instructed and Tao quietly nodded his head, remembering their scheduled work for the day.

 

“Yes gege, yes.” He said with a distinct low voice.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

“You’ve got the guns with you?” Questioned Kris, steering the luxurious Jaguar F-Type into a hollow corner. He pressed on the breaks, taking a few more turns before they finally arrived in a vacant street.

 

Stepping out of the convertible car, both Tao and Kris found the smell of the surrounding’s pungent and almost intimidating. They walked, carrying two huge cases in their hands as the musky scent of the place lingered mixed with the strong smell of decaying materials and cigarette smoke.

 

“Everything we need is already here?”

 

“Yep gege. The SIG pro pistol is in my case together with the Mamba pistol and the other guns. Your case holds the Heckler and Koch MP5 submachine gun and the 36 barrel prototype, your baby as you say.” Tao answered, a smirk highlighting the contours of his pinkish lips. Continuing on their slow pace, the tall men took a few more minutes before arriving on their final destination.

 

Tao shifted in his place,  pushing the glass doors of the far by most decent building in the vicinity. He took a sharp intake of breath, surprised by the cold air that clashed with his body as he entered the place that has a structure which was similar to that of an apartment building.

 

“Both of you finally came here huh?” A tall man appeared, arms comfortably wrapping around Tao’s shoulders which cause him to stiffen. Kris shook his head in return, saying muffled curses under his breath before speaking.

 

“Let go of him Changmin hyung.” Kris stated, giving the chuckling man a glare. “The poor kid has nothing to do with your lame jokes, besides it hasn’t even been a week since our last missions and mind you, we  were both able to kill those who were assigned to us. So cut him some slack.”

 

“Cut him some slack?” The older mimicked, the tone of the sentence changing from a declarative to an interrogative one. “Woah, is that you Kris or was it Wu Yifan being a softie?” Changmin grinned, suddenly finding Kris’ words amusing and being more pleased when Kris unexpectedly hurled Tao away from him and into his side.

 

“Damn you Changmin hyung. The next time I see you and you say those words, I’m going to make sure I snap your neck into two.”

 

“Hmm? Really now Kris?” Changmin challenged, eyes intent and playful as he stared at Kris. “You’ve said that quite a few times and I’m kind of surprise that up to now, I’m still alive and kicking.” He mocked the younger male and Kris clasped his hands tightly with Tao’s.

 

He smiled, going inside the elevator with Tao and saying a few last words before the lift closed. “Don’t worry hyung, next time I’ll make sure to put my words to action.”  

 

And Changmin was left chuckling to himself.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

“Gege you didn’t have to do that.” Tao said, finally relaxing as Kris let go of his hand. Kris rubbed his neck, craning it to the sides before facing Tao. “And you shouldn’t have acted like a lost puppy.” He responded, earning a giant pout from the panda eyed man.

 

They stayed in silence inside the elevator, waiting for it to reach the designated floor they were supposed to go and finally hearing the familiar ring of the lift, they went out.

 

“So shikshin hyung was saying the truth after all. You’re really here huh, and the both of you? Goodness, I would have done anything to be teamed up with Kris, you sure are a lucky man Zitao.” Another lanky man appeared before them. Beaming, he walked towards the two other tall men and greeted them by placing a punch on either sides of their shoulder.

 

“Minho hyung.” Tao smiled, more relaxed in front of the new comer than he was with Changmin. “Hello to you too Tao.” Grinned Minho, doing the same thing Changmin did earlier and slinging his arm over Tao’s shoulders.

 

Kris laughed. “Geez, you should have seen how frozen he was when Changmin hyung went near him. Sturdy as a stone I tell you.” He stated and Minho laughed as he noticed the tinge of red spreading fast like fire on Tao’s cheeks.

 

“Seems like someone here still likes Changmin hyung.” Minho teased and Tao rolled his eyes, evidently baffled. “I don’t like him!” He stated, defensive and both Kris and Minho threw their head back in laughter.

 

“I didn’t say it was you Tao. Quit being a whiny girl.” Responded Minho before they finally stopped in front of a huge black, velvet door. He tapped the latter’s shoulder before giving Kris a knowing smile. “He’s been waiting for your arrival by the way. Saying something about wanting to hear how your missions went and how you’re both planning to do your next job.”

 

“Well that’s nothing new.” Kris rubbed his chin, giving Tao a sign using his eyes though the latter was still blushing like crazy. “But it’s really a surprise, he made me and Tao a tandem. I mean, I just never expected him to do that.” He ended his sentence before Minho ushered them.

 

“Ha! Trust hyung to do the unexpected.” Minho commented and as he turned his back, he gazed at Tao with a satisfied smile. “And Kris, make sure Tao doesn’t stutter when he sees him. Look, he still can’t get over Changmin hyung!” Minho pointed out and Kris gave out a gummy smile before opening the door to their head’s office.

 

Tao gritted his teeth in annoyance and Kris mused.

 

“It’s a Tao thing.”

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

The moment Kris and Tao step inside the vast room, it was the familiar clicking of the keyboard that welcomed them. Tao arched a brow, knowing they were thinking the same with Kris and so he urged the older male to make a move.

 

Kris made an awkward clearing of the throat. “Errr, hello?”

 

“Oh you’re here.” Finally noticing them, the man dressed in a plain black shirt and white denim pants tilted his head for awhile, placing an intricate smile on his lips before motioning the other two to sit. “You brought your guns?” He asked as the loud sound of riffles went resonating on the sound proof room. He continued clicking though, focused and determined to win the game he was playing.

 

“We did Kyuhyun hyung. I even brought my 36 barrel prototype just for you to check if it’s still in a good state.” Kris explained and Kyuhyun, finally pausing his game stared at him and Tao.

 

Creepily, he flashed a smile all too wide and stood up from his chair. “Then let’s start our meeting.”

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Author's note: Guys, can you believe I've finally updated? Otl, I really just can't leave you all hanging. xD And by the way thanks for Michinki unnie for upvoting this story and to all my susbscribers who accepted my friend request and subscribed. Lol, and responses are love! So tell me what you guys think..hehe Saranghae! <3 p.s. don't even ask me how I knew about those guns and the car, I might launch out in a long explanation. Let's just have it that I'm kinda interested on those things. xD

And did you guys noticed the appearance of the Kyuline? Gosh, it was only Jonghyun left out but he might appear soon. *chuckles evilly* I hope you like the gifs in this chapter. =)