What If?

365: Visions Of A Soul

CHAPTER 2...

 

“So this is what you mean by handsome? Goodness Tao, lately your standards have been decreasing continuously.” Kris remarked, perfectly hitting the picture on the wall with the dart in his hand. Casually, he stretched his arms to grab the glass of  tequila on the table beside him before turning to Tao, raising his eyebrow as he sip on the cold liquor.

 

“Tell me, what was his name again? Something like sew hole or what?”

 

“It’s Suho, you idiot.” Tao remarked, flicking the forehead of the older male. He sat in front of him, crossing his legs and his lips before grabbing a glass of his own liquor which was a mix of vodka and rum. “And for your information, this sew hole guy your pertaining to is obviously handsome. Just look at him, he has a very sharp nose and that porcelain skin, such perfect touch.” He took a straw to sip on his drink before continuing. “This guy looks like a fallen angel.” Tao ended with a smile.

 

Kris snorted. “He looks like crap to me. Besides, your description was-“ He stop midway his sentence and gaze at his friend. “My description was?” Tao prodded and Kris’ smirked. “Was so gay.” He told him and as expected, the latter laughed it off like it was nothing. Tao raised his glass, a look of indifference in his eyes as he drank it in one shot.

 

“I am gay, gege.” He stated, placing the now empty glass on the table. Tauntingly, he stared at Kris as if waiting for the man to have a comeback or rebuke his words. But all that Kris did was to simply stare back, and stare and stare and stare before gracing his face with a smile.

 

“Precisely, I know you are. Just wanted to check if you suddenly had a change of heart.” Said Kris before mimicking Tao’s action earlier and finishing his own drink in one gulp. “And I’m afraid the fallen angel that you’re pertaining to might just go to heaven, three days from now.”

 

“You sure are a harsh man gege.” The man chuckled. “Don’t you feel pity at all? We’re killing another man for reasons we don’t even know, don’t you even feel bothered?” Tao questioned and the former shook his head, releasing another dart in the air only to have it perfectly land on the same picture earlier.

 

“I don’t. I don’t feel bothered at all. Being bothered isn’t a part of the job description. I just think of it as if it’s just a normal thing to do. I earn money and I do my job just like you.” Kris replied, not even flinching when the words had come out from his mouth. They stayed at his apartment’s mini bar in silence before Tao finally decided to speak again. He poked Kris’ shoulder to earn his attention and the man turned towards him swiftly, a curious eye looking back at him.

 

“What is it?” He asked.

 

“Have you ever thought of quitting gege?” Tao asked in a hushed voice, lowering his head in fear of Kris’ judging eyes.

 

“Once or twice maybe but I never really allowed it to get into me. I mean, this is like my whole life already. Just like take it or leave it. So I chose to stay. Thinking that I’ve already killed a few, why not just continue? They’re all just strangers to me anyway.” Kris replied turning his back from Tao once again.

 

“How about if one of those strangers was me? Like you never knew me to be exact. If I didn’t enter as a worker here or if I never became one of you, will you kill me?” The younger one continued to question him. And being able to hear the same question for more than a few times already, Kris wasn’t caught off guard anymore. He just sighed, saying the same answer that he would always tell the other male.

 

“Yes.” Tao winced. “Yes, I would kill you.” Kris responded before biting his lips, despising how cold-hearted he turned out to be.

 

 He had always been like this, a man with a heart of a stone.

 

Giving up, Tao just leaned back on his chair in defeat. Needless to say, this type of conversations were never really new anymore and he knew that trying to drag it for a longer time would never make sense. In the end, he will just received the same heartless answers. What did he expect anyway? Kris suddenly becoming caring and kind?

 

Well no.

 

For that, and his forever dream to get out of this hell will just remain impossible, he just needs to accept it.

 

Accept reality like Kris had long done.

 

“Can I sleep with you?”

 

“As long as you don’t eat me when I’m asleep.”

 

“I wouldn’t do that you jerk.”

 

“Then fine. Sleep and don’t snore.” Kris said without even giving the other male a sideways glance.

 

“I’ll be going then. And don’t murder that picture! The poor guy’s face is being filled with holes!” Tao cried making Kris laughed in pure amusement. Finally, he took a glimpse of the other tall man who was about to head towards his room. “That’s probably why I thought his name should be sew hole in the first place.” Kris smirked before giving Tao a peck on his cheeks.

 

“And it’s a miracle also that you haven’t tried to hit on me too since I’m more handsome than him.”

 

“Can I just snap your head off?”

 

“No. So go to sleep. I’ll follow.” Kris said before he was rewarded with a smack on his head.