Kris is Wu Yifan

365: Visions Of A Soul

CHAPTER 1...

 

The night didn’t seem so long until today. The thousand voices, I am amused.

 

Endless ringing of the phone, life has gone out of my body.

 

I am a mere soul, a cold man and a statue. My doubts and fears is overwhelming me again, not that I ever tried to cease or comfort myself before but sometimes it just gets irritating.

 

Initially, I just wanted to get some answers yet my curiosity never fades. Which meant that for every mystery I solve, I try to look for another question. Weird, isn’t it? I guess I’ve always live that way.

 

Getting tangled in different predicaments such that I constraint myself in becoming an added luggage to everyone’s lives. I don’t trust. Trust is a word that never occurred in my vocabulary.

 

Whether it’s because I’m stubborn or not, the lack of incandescence in my personality was enough to distance me away from others. So why trust someone? When in the end you always end up alone. Like me, a man who had sold his soul to the devil. A man who’s heart and mind is filled with dark thoughts.

 

 Not ever claiming the feeling of solitude, all I hear is a thousand screams.

 

I invade lives, I take away happiness and I have a past I no longer knew. My name is Wu Yifan, my other half known as Kris.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

It was blurry. The memories were. Waking up from a reoccurring nightmare, Kris opened his eyes with beads of cold sweat trickling from his forehead. Slamming the alarm clock off, he grabbed his eye glasses and wore it, pushing the black rimmed object above the bridge of his nose. “Yoboseyo?” His husky voice sounded harsh like every morning. Not that he had a hatred against things such as sunrise, waking up or anything synonymous to daylight but the fact that he had to deal with people as a new day comes, that reason was beyond enough to piss him off.

 

He stood up from his bed, still holding his phone as he rubbed his temples to ease the headache he had. “And, I never knew why I even chose this job.” He muttered before hanging up on the other line. He then held his phone, casting it an unsure glance before throwing it off towards his bed which was far from where he was standing now.

 

Landing on the floor with a loud crash as expected, Kris just raised his eyebrow. “Iphone 5. Psh, I could care less. At least no one’s going to bother me now.” He mumbled dismissively before strolling off towards his bathroom to take a warm bath.

 

Upon entering, he slowly undressed himself as he sank his body in the bathtub allowing the warmth of the water to seep into his skin. Considering his tall figure, he bended his knees a little in order for his physique to fit in perfectly with the tub while his arms was positioned in a relaxed manner on the sides of it. He then leaned his head on the marble structure, yawning as he did. “Assumptions. A lot of people die because of assumptions.” Kris said to no one in particular, the drowsiness taking over his senses as the smell of the soap lingered in the air.

 

A mixture of rose and raspberry was the scent that took over the whole bathroom. And he closed his eyes feeling like his mind was about to wander off somewhere again yet fought the urge to fall asleep when he noticed something.

 

Hearing the familiar nearing of foot steps, Kris started the usual countdown. “1..2.. and” “Oh, so you’re here gege.” The man stated, casually walking inside the bathroom as if the former wasn’t . Kris eyed him keeping his poker face as he spoke.

 

“What are you doing here Zitao?” He questioned, the latter grinned. “I just wanted to see you. Is that too much of a hassle?” Kris glared at him while he just pouted cutely in return. “The first time you walk in on me taking a bath, I didn’t mind. The second time I didn’t care either. But now it’s becoming your habit Tao! Just where in the world did the word privacy go?!” Kris snapped at him. Meanwhile Tao came nearer, sitting at the side of the tub as he did so. He looked at Kris, studying him carefully while remaining unfazed by the man’s words.

 

“Geez, it’s not like you have something I don’t. Mind you I’m a man too! And unless you had implants, then there’s nothing to hide Wu Yifan.” Tao retorted. Smirking as he did and judging by the way Kris narrowed his eyes at him, he sure was in for a lot of trouble. “Remind me to bring my gun next time so I can shoot you.” Kris stated and the latter snorted in response. “Oh, I sure will your highness.” He answered sarcastically before he stood up, heading towards the door.

 

“By the way, my real purpose of coming here is to tell you that I’ll be your partner for your next mission.” His lips tugged into an evil smile. “And if you’re interested about our target, all I could say for now is we have a handsome one in our hands.” Tao stated. Leaving Kris all by himself again as he closed the door with a mischievous lopsided grin.