Chapter Two

Through The Looking Glass

Hello everyone! Thanks for reading and subscribing to our fanfic! It really means a lot to us!! Be prepared for sooner updates (Sorries! I was so busy with work to update!). This chapter is in Graci's perspective! Thank you all again! <3      

-MissAshleyCakes

 


The moment I heard that I was finally going to debut, tears welled up in my eyes. And then when I heard that were going to work with SHINee, I almost lost it! I look up to those five boys more than anything and knowing that I get to work with them and be trained to debut with them literally made my life. As the members were introduced to us, I squealed as Onew spoke. He's so adorable! Since I am also the lead vocalist of my group, hopefully I get to train with him. That would literally mean the entire world to me. 

I only snapped back to reality when I heard Onew speak towards me. "And last, but not least, Graci, you will be working with me." He smiled and I felt like I was going to melt on the spot. Did he really just say that I was going to work with him? Am I really going to be with Onew for the next few weeks training? I pinched myself, without being noticed, as Onew walked to my side. 

"Alright then. We can get started." Onew said as he clapped his hands together. He motioned for me to follow him and I did without thinking otherwise. He led me out of the room towards the small practice rooms in the far back of the building. "Why did we go to the far practice rooms when we could have just went to the ones next to the dance practice room?" I asked him. "I like to practice back here because nobody ever uses these rooms. I like the sound quality better back here. Plus, it's more private. Gives me time to be alone at times, you know?" I nodded and followed him into one of the rooms. 

When I walked in, I did noticed how nice they were. I had never been in this part of the building, so it was new to me. "I see what you mean by privacy. These rooms are really nice though." He smiled and closed the door. 

"Let's get started. I think we should get to each other first before we start rehearsing. I always feel more comfortable helping people when I know more about them. Hey, maybe we can become friends, too!" Onew said with his cute smile. I couldn't help but giggle. "Sounds good to me!" I smiled and motioned for him to tell me about himself.

I listen intently as he told me the story of how he wanted to be a singer and the process it took him to get to where he was. I never knew that he went through so much. Honestly, it made me respect him so much more than I already did. As he finished his story, I just stared in complete awe. He had to snap me back to reality.

"Oh. Huh? Oh, I'm sorry. I was just thinking. Wow, you've been through a lot to get here. I just never knew all that. I'm glad you told me". I said as he smiled. "Well, Graci. What about you? How did you get here, to this position, sitting in a practice room at SM Entertainment with Lee Jinki of SHINee?" 

I smiled, looking down so he wouldn't notice the soft pink blush on my cheeks. "Well, I'm from Chicago. I started singing when I was younger. I've always loved doing it. I would always tell my mom that I was going to be in a band when I was older. I would tell her that I was going to be in a great band and that we would make it big. My parents never really supported my dream of wanting to sing. Since I lived in America from young, they wanted me to become a lawyer. I kept refusing and refusing until one day they finally agreed. That's when I went to a SM audition in the US and topped first out of the state auditionees. That was in 2008. And I've been training since. So, almost 5 years. My cousin has also been training as well. You met Sairus back there? Yeah, we're cousins. I think my parents were more comfortable with the idea of me becoming an idol because she was here. Being an idol and showing people what I've got means everything to me. Just that feeling that people will be coming to concerts to see me... It's such a great feeling. Have you ever felt that? That feeling of 'this is it' or 'I worked so hard for this' and being on stage and giving it your all?" 

Onew was just looking at me. He wasn't saying a word. He just kept staring at me. He finally looked away and coughed as if embarrassed. "Ahem, sorry about that. I know what you are talking about. I felt that right before my debut stage. I worked so hard to get what I wanted, and here I am. Right where I wanted to be." He smiled and looked down. "Well, I guess we are more in common with each other than I thought we'd be..." He looked back up. "Let's get started on some of this vocal training." 

He grabbed a stack of sheet music from the small table in the room and walked over to me. He sat at the piano and started playing. "Sing." I looked at him when he said that. I opened my mouth and sang.