Oneshot #2: No - I'm here for a JOB!

The Idol Anthology {Previously: The Dream World}

Oneshot #2

No - I'm here for a JOB!

Inspiration ~ duixing + Myself + JYP/2pm

Tifa_Hot-.jpgreno[2].jpgMisaki_Kirihara_Profil.jpgchar_4147.jpgacshinra.png
Marcela, JYP, ft. Jun.k, Jackson, Amanda, others


xX July 2nd, 2022 Xx

Today’s the day Marcela!

The foreigner stood in front of the JYP building in the middle of Seoul, South Korea.

I’m finally here.

She smiled to herself, glad she finally made it to Korea. Taking a deep breathe, she steeled herself and walked into the building. Determined, she walked straight to the front desk.

“I’m here for work,” the girl spoke in clear Korean.

The receptionist looked up at her and smiled, pointing at a door in the corner,” Auditions are over there in that room.”

“No no,” Marcela protested politely in Korean,” I’m here for a job.”

Looking up at the foreigner, the receptionist rolled her eyes.

“Please hold on.”

She picked up the phone and called someone over. A man approached the woman at the desk.

“This girl needs help finding the practice room - the foreigner didn’t understand me,” she whispered to the man who nodded in understanding.

Marcela rolled her eyes. She doesn’t even whisper quietly.

The man turned over to the foreign girl and bowed slightly before pointing his arm to the corner door,” This way please.”

Marcela followed respectfully but protested once more when they got to the door,” I’m sorry sir, I’m not here to audition - I’m here for work, for a job.”

The man nodded once more and opened the door,” Yes, auditions here.”

Marcela groaned internally as he ushered her into the hallway and pointed to an open door.

What the heck, I’m speaking flawless Korean! Whatever, I’ll just talk to someone in there.

She bowed to the man and gave him a brief thank you before walking towards the open door. Peeking into the room, she saw rows upon rows of people sitting, some in chairs and some on the floor. Noticing a man standing at the entrance inside the room, she decided to ask him for directions.

“Excuse me sir,” she whispered to the man, once again in flawless Korean,” I’m here to apply for a job. Can you direct me to the right place?”

He smiled, as did the rest, but just directed her to the end of a row of people standing along the wall,” Auditions here.”

Marcela screamed internally but thanked the man, not even attempting to argue, before standing in her designated spot. She stared intently at those performing, analyzing many of them to try to distract her from the fact that her precious time was being wasted because no one could understand that she was there for a working job, not a performing job.

She’s too sloppy…

He’s singing the wrong song for his voice…

Mh… He needs to be more confident.

Muffled snickering pulled the foreigner’s attention away from the performers.

“Can you believe someone like her would show up for this kind of audition?”

Marcela listened intently as the group of females standing next to her gossiped about her presence.

“I know right? What kind of foreigner has the guts to come to Korea to audition?” one of the girls scoffed, sending the other female a disapproving look.

“Her Korean probably !”

“Not even that!” A different girl interrupted, only to bash Marcela as well.

“She’s way too old! I bet she can’t even dance without her brittle bones cracking and breaking!”

The group laughed at the comment as if it weren’t a discriminatory jab to one of their elders. Honestly, the foreigner couldn’t care less about what the stuck up little teenagers had to say about her, but that didn’t mean their words couldn’t drive her to try hard during the auditions. When she reached her turn, the judges asked her a few questions. The last question was “is there anyone you would like to dedicate your performance to?”

The brunette grinned to herself and clapped her hands together,” Actually, yes!”

She turned around, looking directly at the group of girls who had shouted all the abusive slurs.

“This is for all of those people who put me down because of my age and my ethnicity.”

The group of girls merely waved her off, acting as if her meticulous pronunciation of their language didn’t impress them. Marcela waited for the music to start - she sold the judge that she would be singing and dancing to TVXQ’s Mirotic. Her body flowed precisely in time with the music, her voice booming throughout the room with such confidence that everyone was struck by her energy. Originally she had been worried about performing in her business attire, but in the end it actually looked more impressive and stylized. When the music ended, the whole room was buzzed with excitement, giving her a round of applause to which she bowed. She had given it her all and the shock evident on each of the girls’ faces who had underestimated her made the waste of time worth it. Marcela bowed multiple times to the judges who, for the first time Marcela had seen, were smiling. One of the women who had just hung up her cell phone called her over, requesting her sit and wait as someone would be coming to talk to her very soon.

As she sat down, the foreigner grinned to herself, confident in her performance. What she was confused about, however, was that the judges requested her to stay. Even if she was Korean, her age would make it nearly impossible for her to debut in a group. It’s not like she was old per say, but it was unheard of for people to be accepted as trainees at the age of twenty or older. She watched as each of the girls who had mocked her performed, critiquing them the same way she had with the previous auditioners. The foreigner was watching a performance intently when the sound of a door opening behind her and a chorus of gasps and wows in front of her grabbed her attention.

“Hello everybody~! How are you all?” a loud voice boomed throughout the room.

Marcela’s eyes went wide as she recognized the voice. She stood up immediately and turned around, bowing ninety degrees and greeting the man with a simple hello. Everyone was standing now in shock and awe at the man’s presence.

“I am Park Jinyoung as you all should know!” the CEO introduced himself before continuing,” Don’t mind me, I’m just here for her~.”

Jinyoung pointed at Marcela. She couldn’t believe it and pointed back at herself.

“Me?”

The man laughed and nodded, turning around to open the door he had come in through.

“This way please.”

Nodding, the female walked through the door followed closely by JYP who left the room with an encouraging “do your best” to those still there before leading Marcela through the building. The man didn’t say much other than commands such as a simple “this way” as the two transversed their way through the hallways before getting to an elevator.

“We’ll be going to my office,” Jinyoung stated as the elevator door opened, entering it and offering the female a spot next to him. “It’s on the top floor,” he added, punching in the largest number on the wall.

Marcela merely nodded, not trusting her voice. If she opened she might shout at him in excitement. Instead she just rested herself against the opposite corner of the CEO.

Amanda wouldn’t believe this… Hell, I can’t believe this! Marcela thought to herself.

I’m being escorted by the Park Jinyoung. I must be dreaming.

She slapped her cheeks lightly and opened her eyes wide.

Nope. Not dreaming.

Jinyoung laughed lightly, causing Marcela to blush slightly in embarrassment, knowing full well that it was her actions that he was laughing at. As the elevator dinged, Jinyoung lead the way once again. The two stopped at the door of a large glass room. CEO Park Jin Young was etched into the glass in both Korean and in English. JYP entered the room first, Marcela taking deep breaths, trying to calm herself down before walking in. Everything looked so chic and, well, expensive. The office itself was quite large with two white couches on one side of the room facing a flatscreen television and a large white desk in the center. The back wall wasn’t a wall at all but a pair of large windows overlooking Seoul. The female was astounded by the spaciousness, never really expecting it to look so nice.

I can do this! ...whatever this is…  She attempted to give herself a peptalk.

The CEO pulled out a chair from one side of the desk, offering it to the female before sitting in his own significantly larger chair. Marcela stared at the man as he took his seat, waiting to hear what was going on.

Jinyoung tapped his fingers on the large desk,” It’s nice to meet you! My evaluators tell me that you passed auditions!”

The female’s eyebrows knitted together in shock.

“I what?”

Jinyoung laughed,” You passed auditions! But… Well I hope you understand I don’t really know what to do here. How old are you?”

“Twenty-four sir.”

He made a face before continuing,” Well I might be able to make you a solo artist but I can’t guarantee anything because of your age and ethni-”

“But I’m not here to audition,” Marcela interrupted unintentionally. She mumbled an apology to the man before he continued.

“What do you mean you aren’t here to audition?”

The foreigner groaned and rubbed her head,” I’m here for a job. Not to become a trainee but possibly do an internship or something.”

“Oh!” Jinyoung began laughing hysterically,” why didn’t you just say so!”

“I really really tried but everyone I talked to wanted to send me to audition so I just went with it.”

She pulled her bag off her shoulder and pulled out a black folder, placing it on the desk in front of the CEO.

“I graduated from New York University in the United States with a 3.8 grade point average, obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in East Asian Studies. During my second year I participated in a bridge program over the summer that allowed me to come work as an assistant teacher right here in Seoul at a kindergarten. During my third year I came back but for a study abroad program at Seoul National University of Education. I went to graduate school here as well, getting my master’s degree Korean Language and Culture while simultaneously getting my English and Korean Language teaching degrees.”

“Woaahhh…” JYP looked at the foreigner in awe, obviously impressed, taking the folder into his hands and shifting through the various certificates and resumes. 

“Okay, but are you sure you don’t want to train under me?”

Marcela laughed, shaking her head. “Nah, I’m not about that life anymore.”

The CEO pouted,” Anymore? I would love to try to market you! Why didn’t you come audition before when you were younger? We could have had such fun together!”

She smiled at the man,” well, I tried out for SM Entertainment once but-”

“No, no, no!!!” Jinyoung interrupted with an obvious pout,” Not hiiiim!”

Marcela couldn’t help but to laugh at the older man’s childishness,” I couldn’t make it so I worked on my education, hoping to come here to Seoul to work one day.”

“But you never gave up on your passions I see.” Jinyoung pulled out one of the resumes,” IB dance credit… Dance portfolio… Vocals training… Epic Trash?”

Oh , why did I put that on there?! I thought I took it out!

“Oh! Um.. That’s just this thing my friends and I did.” She cleared before continuing,” we all went to different colleges so we would send each other videos of us singing or rapping or dancing to Korean pop or hip hop songs.”

The female watched the CEO, waiting for his reaction. She sighed in relief as the man nodded and laughed slightly.

Whew.

“Well, I’d be happy to hire you! You’re clearly qualified, but first lets go over what jobs I have open at the moment…”

Marcela nodded, a large smile spread all across her face,” Sounds great.”

This is what I’ve worked so hard for. Everything was totally worth it.

xX December 23rd, 2023 Xx

“Jackson oppa, stop- No! You need to listen to me!” the female grunted in annoyance, running her hands through her hair. “Jackson!”

When the line on the phone died, she groaned and shoved her phone into her pocket before walking into one of the large offices.

She grumbled under her breath, “That boy…”

“Good evening Marcela dear~! Having problems with Jackson again?”

Marcela threw her head in her hands as she took a seat across from the CEO.

“He’s insisting on spending Christmas with me and Amanda cuz of his crush on her and it’s just so frustrating because he won’t let us talk about it.”

Jinyoung laughed at his employee,” Don’t worry about it too much, it’s not that big of a deal.”

“But it is! He's gonna ruin my plan! I’m trying to set her up with-”

“Minjun right?” The CEO interrupted.

She nodded, groaning once more.

“That boy needs a girlfriend, I’m afraid his house is turning into a dog shelter.” Jinyoung laughed at his own words, the female following suit.

“Seriously though!” Marcela added,” He’s adopted two more in the past five years!”

“Yeah, but I’m not sure about your friend. I mean she’s nice and all but I honestly have no idea if Minjun would go for a foreigner, and someone so young too,” Jinyoung commented, his chin. “Jackson might be better since he already has eyes for her. I’m just saying let things go how they go, don't force anyone.”

“Hey I wouldn't do that! And she’s older than me!” Marcela rebounded.

“Yeah but Minjun is older than your husband.”

The female mumbled in agreement before JYP continued.

“How is he by the way? He never answers my phone calls, too busy with his acting I guess,” Jinyoung pouted.

Marcela blushed slightly, staring down at her ring,” He’s fine.”

Jinyoung grinned. Marcela had definitely been the best choice for her position. For the past year and a half she easily fit into the company’s daily workings. She got along with every idol and every trainee. Her friendly yet honest personality made her perfect for her job. Every meeting Jinyoung had with her and with his idols proved that her dedication and teaching was working. She fit into the JYP family as if she had been there from the beginning. JYP Entertainment had become even more popular in the past year due to Marcela’s teaching and suggestions to promote more in English speaking countries such as the United States. She was very versatile as an English teacher, a talent analyst, a talent scouter, an assistant - there wasn’t really a title to what Marcela did.

”Now I have something serious I need to talk to you about.” Jinyoung cleared his throat,“ As everyone knows, I’ll be turning fifty-two in less than a month.”

The female nodded, straightening herself out in her chair.

“I’m getting too old, I need to spend more time with my kids, and I need a fresher pair of eyes to take over as CEO.”

Marcela’s eyes practically popped out of her head. Seeing she was about to speak, the man held his hand up to stop her.

“I won’t be stepping down right away of course, but I will be promoting someone to co-CEO. I’ll train this person for a few years and will eventually step down as CEO.”

The female let out a small wow, shocked by the new information.

“I will of course stay on the Board of Directors and will probably continue to write songs,” Jinyoung added. “So, any questions?”

“Will I still have my job?”

“Of course! When I bring in him on as a co-CEO we’ll show him how these meetings usually go!”

“So it’s a he?” The female questioned. “You gonna tell me who?”

“Kim Minjun!” JYP threw his arms up in the air and smiled, sure that his idea was a great one.

Marcela burst out into laughter, causing the CEO’s smile to fade.

He let his arms down,” Is that bad?”

She waved him off, holding her chest as she continued to laugh.

“I-I can’t…“ Her lungs began to burn from laughing so hard. “It’s just… Pfftt…”

Jinyoung was pouting again as he crossed his arms around his chest,” What is it this time?”

The foreigner tried to calm herself down, taking deep breaths before starting again.

“About... eight years ago Amanda and I were talking and agreed that you would end up making Minjun the CEO when you stepped down,” she started laughing again towards the end. “I can’t believe we were right!”

Jinyoung’s mouth dropped open,” Am I that predictable?!”

Nodding, Marcela continued to laugh hysterically.

“Alright, alright you can stop laughing at me now!” Jinyoung shouted in embarrassment. ”Go prepare the progress reports for Twice and 5live.”

The female stopped laughing and agreed, pulling herself together mentally. She got up from her seat, bowing to the older man and exiting the room.

“I’ll make sure to tell my husband to give you more attention~,” Marcela teased, shutting the door just in time to avoid Jinyoung’s playful cursing. She sighed, smiling to herself.

“Life is great.”


Author's Note: Honestly... I think I had too much fun writing this. It might not be that good but it ended up being longer than I expected - I got a little carried away hahaha. I decided to tease duixing by not revealing who her hubby is but you guys are welcom to guess :3 There are some inside jokes referenced here but I think I explained everything so I hope it's understandable :) I hope you all liked it ^^ I may do a sequal if I feel like it or if it is requested! 
P.S. this is supposed to be a rl!au story because duixing is such a bae and has had rough times but I believe in her and her future and I will always be there to root her on! I'm sure her future will be amazing and this is to give her a glimpse into the possible happiness the future can hold. Never give up~ 화이팅