Oneshot #1: Happy New Year

The Idol Anthology {Previously: The Dream World}



 

 

 



Oneshot #1

Happy New Year

Inspiration ~ Myself

tumblr_ljbly7sXaR1qcrgtso1_500.png6-dongwoon.jpg
Kim Dahae + Son Dongwoo0

 

 

The cold night air chilled all those in the vast space. People of all ages crowded this night - it was New Years Eve. The female watched as her own breath created small white puffs of smoke in the air. She smiled to herself. All the people looked happy - the young kids who were perhaps visiting Disneyland for the first time, the married couples who would be spending yet another happy year together, the single friends out to find the love of their lives or even just enjoy the moment. And to top it all off, she was at her favorite place in the world.

Disneyland.

She couldn't help but smile. It was chilly too, just the way she liked it. She dug her hands into her jacket pockets and snuggled into her fluffy scarf for warmth.

"Hey," a deep voice interrupted the female's not-so-deep thoughts.

The girl shifted her head slightly to find the voice and her smile widened.

"Hey Dongwoon," she replied shortly.

They both fell into a fit of giggles as the man wrapped his arms around the female's waist and rocked her back and forth. He kissed her cheek swiftly and came to a slow stop, just enjoying each other's presence.

"You know it's almost midnight?" he whispered into her ear, resting his cheek against hers.

She nodded slowly, humming in approval.

He laughed at her shortly before continuing," And you know what that means?"

Before she could answer, a white cloud fell upon the crowd.

Snow.

Of course it wasn't real snow, just soap bubbles to set off the illusion, but the illusion was good enough.

"Snow..." she mused, staring up at the sky.

The two separated briefly, locking hands briefly afterwards. The girl held her hand out to the drifting snow. It wasn't long after the snow started that the countdown for New Years began, ringing out loud and clear among the now cheering crowed.

10

"Dahae-ah..."

9

Dongwoon reached out for her other hand and interlocked their fingers.

8

Looking back at her male companion, Dahae beamed.

7

"I know we have only been together for half a year but..."

6

Dahae gulped, looking at her boyfriend of only 6 months and blushing deeply.

5

He placed a hand on her cheeks and them gently.

4

"I love you. And... I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

3

"I-I love you too."

The last two seconds passed quickly, and when the clock struck midnight, all the couples embraced each other. Especially Dongwoon and Dahae.

It was the New Year, and love would continue to foster and grow.

 

 

Author's Note: I know it's short but yeah :) Happy New Years~ My dream date btw