[Book 3.1] Fire Emblem: Amnesia

The Idol Anthology {Previously: The Dream World}

[Book 3] Fire Emblem

Chapter 1: Amnesia

Inspired by ~ Fire Emblem: Awakening + Myself

tumblr_ljbly7sXaR1qcrgtso1_500.png6-dongwoon.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcShh9qyfNaitT-Xbw3NQVu
Dari + Junsu (Jun.k), Taecyeon + Miyoung


"-su..."

The woman whined, spreading herself lazily across her back along the lush bed, patting the space next to her.

"Come on~" she smiled, looking up at the man standing across the room.

His orange-tinged brown hair bobbed slightly as he responded," Yah, yah, I'm coming."

The male turned around to face the woman and smiled, pulling his blue tunic off over his head. She met his smile with her own, feeling nothing but happiness. Beckoning him forward once more, she patted the bedside next to her. The man strode towards the bed, lifting the silk sheets and slipping himself alongside the woman.

"Dari~," he cooed, taking the other's hand in his own and entwining their fingers.

Bringing her left hand up to his mouth, the male kissed the gold ring tenderly. Dari rolled over onto the man and smiled at him happily, running her free hand through his orange hair.

"Dari, " he started again, whispering as his dark chocolate eyes stared into her green ones.

"Yes?" she asked, cheeks rising as she spoke, the smile never leaving her face.

"I-I just..." the man mumbled, words getting caught in his throat. "I'm just so happy."

A deep blush stained the man's face, causing Dari to smile even wider than before. Brushing her blue hair away from her face, she set her head on his bare chest.

Dari hummed, “Yeah, I’m happy too.”

She closed her eyes as the man’s strong arms wrapped around her. The arms that held her gave her comfort, kept her calm, made her safe.

*Everything is so warm, so perfect.* Dari thought to herself, letting herself go in her lover’s embrace as she faded into a perfect sleep.


“-y! Hey miss?”

A man’s voice buzzed close to the He shook the limp woman’s body gently, but no response.

“Sh-She’s not dead… Is she?” another questioned, voice wavering and more feminine.

The first voice started up again, “she has a pulse so- look!”

The woman’s eyes began opening slowly. She blinked constantly, eyes not used to the bright light.

“Nnn…” she groaned softly, body shifting slightly.

Opening her eyes, she realized three pairs of eyes focused on her, one pair especially more stern than the other two. The woman looked between the three people: the two on the ends had orange hair and were smiling, but the girl - situated on the way right - had more orange than the man peeking over on the far left who had more brown. The man in the middle with sharp facial features had a cold look in his eyes, making the woman shiver. When her body shook, the man in her far left shifted out of her vision and she felt something shift and move behind her. Her eyelids closed as something shifted behind her, making it feel like she was falling. She didn’t fall, however, and instead a strong pair of arms encircled her.

*This feels familiar.* She thought to herself. *comfortable… and warm and safe-*

She gasped and her eyes flew open.

“-su… Jun..su…”

The woman’s open eyes met with the owner of the harshest pair of eyes.

He growled lowly,” How do you know his name? Who are you?”

The woman opened to speak, the other man’s arms still wrapped around her body, but the tense male interrupted her before any words came out.

“Hurry! Speak! What is your name?” The body behind her shifted once more, the arms that were around her moved to her shoulders and pushed her into a seating position.

“Who-whose name?” she asked, brows knitted together in confusion. The man in front of her looked even angrier than before, scaring her slightly.

“Hey hey hey,” a calm voice behind her spoke,” Calm down Taec- I’m sure she means no harm.”

Turning her head, she looked at the man whose embrace calmed her.

He met her gaze with a smile, “What’s your name?”

“D-Dari… I think?” she mumbled, blushing slightly at that last part.

The stern voice returned,” Where do you come from ‘Dari’?”

Her eyes turned sad, a look of confusion clearly present,” I don’t… I don’t know?”

“Pft…” the man - Taec - scoffed,” of course not. Well how did you get here?”

Tears brimmed in Dari’s eyes and she looked down, no memories coming back to her, but the solid tone of her voice contrasted greatly with her facial features.

"I don’t know.”

“You don’t?! Yet you know my master’s name? The man behind you - the prince of this kingdom?” the dark haired man growled.

“Taecyeon!” the man behind her shouted once more.

Dari gasped, stumbling away from the man who had been holding her steady in his arms. She kneeled before the man, knees and forearms pressed on the ground in the dirt and head facing the floor. Her blue hair fell in her face, obscuring her vision further.

“I’m so, so sorry. Sir I didn’t know…” her words trailed off.

She felt so ashamed, so embarrassed. The prince, whose name she knew but nothing else, had just held her in his arms and she didn’t even recognize he was royalty.

“Hey hey hey, there’s no need for that!” the prince spoke softly.

Kneeling beside her, he placed one hand on her arm and another on the back of her neck. She bit her lip as he lifted her head slowly and their eyes met.

“Hello Dari, I am Junsu - but you already know that huh?” he laughed lightly, eyes brightening even more than before. “I am the prince of this realm - Ylisse.”

He pulled her body up gently to a standing position. Pointing to the girl with the bright orange hair, he continued with his introductions.

“This is my sister Miyoung, she’s my youngest sibling, a princess of Ylisse.”

Dari nodded slowly, not knowing what else to do as she still felt ashamed of the previous incident and the other man’s stare still boring holes into her. Junsu got closer to the Dari.

”You see him?” he asked, pointing to the tall male.

She nodded once more.

“His name is Taecyeon. Other than me, he’s Miyoung’s protection,” Junsu’s voice became more pronounced as he flailed his arms,” a knight of Ylisse!”

A laugh burst out of the orange-haired female’s throat and she practically keeled over. The other man - Taecyeon - however, didn’t seem quite as amused.

“Sir, I don’t think it is a good idea to get close to this woman. She could be an enemy!” the taller male scolded the prince politely. “I highly advise against this.”

"Yeah, yeah I know,” Junsu grumbled, rolling his eyes at the other man. “You are too suspicious sometimes.” 

Taecyeon just stared at the two of them, obviously unhappy with the lack of seriousness the prince was regarding the situation with. Getting the hint, Junsu groaned.

“Fine, fine…” he threw his arms up in exasperation.

“We’ll take her to sis.”

The other man groaned,” as if that will have different consequences.”

Dari looked at Junsu, confused. He just grinned at her and pulled her forward towards the dirt road.

“Let’s go guys!” he shouted to the other two. Before Dari knew it, the other female came bounding up next to her and Junsu was pressing forward a few steps ahead.

“Hi!” she smiled, her chocolate brown eyes almost as bright as her brothers. “I’m Miyoung, it’s nice to meet you!”

Dari bowed slightly as they continued walking, Junsu leading the way in the front and Taecyeon on horseback protecting the group from behind.

“I’m nineteen years old, turning twenty next month!” the shorter orange-haired female stated,” how old are you?”

Dari cleared ,” I do not... know… I’m sorry princess.”

The other female just shrugged,” It’s okay. Not your fault - probably. You look like you are probably around… twenty-three? Just like Junsu!” She clapped happily and smiled.

“Just so you know,” Miyoung continued, whispering,” I do believe what you say, er… that you have amnesia or whatever it is called.”

“Thank you princess,” Dari looked down, not wanting to overstep her boundaries.

“Mmmm… not okay.”

Dari looked up, eyes wide from the other girl’s response.

“I am sorry, have I said something wro-”

“Don’t call me princess,” Miyoung stated clearly and calmly, pointing right at Dari’s face.

But then her face changed, she smiled and giggled,” just Miyoung. Please.” She moved closer to the older female,” Also, don’t worry about Taecyeon.” 

Turning, she gave the man a fond smile, eyes sparkling - a look seemingly familiar to Dari. As the blue-haired woman watched, she caught the tall male smile slightly back at the princess.

“He may look tough and act tough but… he’s really a soft and caring guy underneath.” Miyoung’s words were soft and kind hearted, warm and sincere.

“He’ll warm up to you!” Miyoung grinned. “I promise.” 

Dari bowed her head slightly and mumbled, still aware of the man glaring at her back,” I’ll take your word for it.”

Miyoung interlocked her arm with the other girl’s, “I feel like we are gonna be best friend- AAHHH!”

As the princess turned around, she shrieked at the image before her. Dari, startled by her new acquaintance's reaction, grabbed Miyoung’s arm in a protective gesture and whirled around to scout what was before her. Junsu ended up quite far up the road ahead of them and three men were running in the tall grass besides the prince. He seemed unaware of their presence as they inched closer and closer.

“Junsu!” Dari gasped under her breath,” No!”

She let go of the younger female’s arm and ran full speed towards the prince.

“JUNSU!” She shouted out to the orange-haired man as she ran in his direction, eyes still trying to focus on the three approaching men.

Instinctively, she pulled something out of her robe. Looking down at it, she realized it was a book - a tome for wind magic.

*I-I can use this! I know how to use this!*

Junsu turned, realizing someone had shouted his name, only to see Dari running at him full speed. His eyes widened as the woman reached him. He was just about to ask what was wrong when an arrow zoomed past his right ear, knicking it slightly. Wincing in pain, the prince’s hand shot up to his ear. Blood gushed from the wound quickly. The men quickly reached their goal, blocking the prince from moving forward.

“…” Junsu mumbled, attempting to grab his sword with his free hand but missing his mark, swaying slightly, “it’s… p-poison…”

“No… I won’t let you have him!” Dari shouted in anger, jumping between the three men and the prince.

One of the men in front of her smirked - showing his yellowed teeth and pointing his ax at her,” what a fine prize to be won on the side.”

He motioned to the other men,” the girl is mine. Quickly! Get the prince!”

Dari’s eyes widened as the men started forward once more - not so much worried about her own safety but that of the man behind her. It was her fault they were in this position and she owed the prince for his kindness. She wanted to protect him. No - she needed to. She grabbed Junsu’s arm and pulled him closer to her own body.

*If I’m going to do this, it has to be now!*

She shouted a command, holding the tome out in front of her. Her vision blurred and a scream was all she heard before her head started throbbing and she fell to her knees.