Myungyeol - REMEMBERING

INFINITE 100 FANFICS CHALLENGE

 

 

Sungyeol woke up that morning, and finding Myungsoo beside him.

 

 

“Get up you , that’s my pillow you’re drooling at.” He pulled the pillow, yes, the one Myungsoo was currently using, (and drooling at.) Myungsoo let out a small groan.

“ you.”

“What the?!?!” Sungyeol eyes grew widen, “You were such a dickhead last night, drinking as if you can actually stand the alcohol and got drunk, and literary dead, couldn’t walk or talk or ing did anything properly. I… I (he emphasized it a little bit more) being an extremely, a totally helpful best friend as I always am, had to ing drag. No. PIGGYBACK you from the club all the way to my. YES. MY ing apartment. Now you dare…” Myungsoo’s lips crashed onto his. Cutting, and shutting every sentence he’s about to say.

“I need my hangover sleep Yeol. Now shut up.” He snatched back the pillow from Sungyeol’s hand and went straight to dreamland, leaving his best friend stand still, finger brushing his own lips. His best friend was indeed an .

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol woke up that morning, and finding a sobbing Myungsoo beside him.

 

 

He stretched his long hands and limbs and turned his head back to his best friend.

“Hey? You haven’t been sleeping, have you?” he asked, he could remember last night how Myungsoo barged into his apartment, banging the door, and crying heavily on his shoulder, until he fell asleep. He had a pretty exhausting day, he had tried to stay awake to soothe the latter, but his eyes just kept closing.

Myungsoo shook his head, “I couldn’t.”

“He was an . I bet he’s partly blind Soo.” Sungyeol said and walked towards the kitchen. He came back with two cups on each hand.

“Here. Hot chocolate. It will calm you a bit. It’s dark chocolate. So it’s not sweet. Don’t worry.” Myungsoo then sat beside Sungyeol and take the mug. His eyes were puffy and red, “You look ugly now Soo.” Sungyeol had said.

 

 

“That’s probably why he left me.”

“No. That’s not it.”

“Yes it is.”

“If it really is then you should be celebrating instead of mourning over it.” Sungyeol took a sip of his coffee.

“The Yeol. I just saw my boyfriend hooked up with another guy. And you’re telling me to…”

“Shut up. Would you rather be with a guy who loves you just because of your appearance? Or would you rather be with a guy or a girl, if you’ve changed your uality… that loves you because of you are you. Sure your face and your sharp nose are a plus plus, but well, not only your appearance, that particular person loves you because of your personality your hobby, even down to your flaws?”

“Well… It’s nice to know you’re finally admitting I am ing handsome Yeol.”

“ you.” Myungsoo chuckled.

“Well. I would rather be with the second option then…”

“See, do you get what I’m saying?”

“Umm… Yes.”

“No you don’t.”

“Umm… Yes… I don’t get it…” Sungyeol sighed.

“What a dumb you are Soo. WELL. If he really is leaving you because the other guy is a lot handsome or muscular or taller, (he got a light punch by Myungsoo). ouch. you. Then you should be happy, he loves you as his… Hmm… Accessory?”

“So you’re saying is, if I fell too deeply for the guy, and if he finds someone who’s a lot better he’ll leave me, it’s better for me to just let him go now because…? Don’t you see what I’m saying is ACTUALLY happening?”

“Yes. But you have me now. So you won’t be as hurt.”

“You are my ing best friend, I’ll ing kill you myself if you leave me in this state.” Sungyeol sip the last drip of his coffee and took his towel.

 

 

“Nah… You won’t. You’ll beg for me if I leave you. Stop crying. We need to go to school.”

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol woke up that evening, and finding Myungsoo totally engrossed to his laptop beside him.

 

 

“Why are you here?” Sungyeol groaned.

“I miss you.”

“ you.”

“I do.”

“ you. Get the hell out of my apartment.”

“I miss you, the uni is ing big I couldn’t find you. And I had to carry my heavy bag around.”

“You chose the photography major you , you’ve seen it coming with all of those lenses and tripod.”

“Yes I do. I don’t regret it. Where were you? I seriously couldn’t find you.” Myungsoo closed his laptop.

“Library.” Sungyeol walked towards the kitchen and brought back a coffee with him.

“Nerd.”

“.”

“Are you free tomorrow?”

“No.”

“What are you doing tomorrow?”

“Sleeping.”

“ you. So you’re free. Come with me tomorrow pretty please with a cherry on top Yeol.”

“That (Sungyeol pointed his finger to Myungsoo with a disgusted expression.) aegyo doesn’t suit you. Where to?”

“Photo hunting. Come on now. You are pretty much all I got here.”

“Buy me dinner.”

 

 

“It’s a date then.”

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol woke up that morning, and finding Myungsoo snuggled, , beside him.

 

 

“Don’t move Yeol. Your shoulder is comfortable.” That startled Sungyeol.

“. I thought you were sleeping, it’s still…. 8AM.”

“How do you expect me to sleep after the mind blowing we just had.” Myungsoo mumbled, Sungyeol shook his head and wore his boxer, he came back with two mugs with him, Myungsoo sat beside him and took one of the mugs. Dark chocolate, as always.

 

 

“So…” Myungsoo broke the silence, “What are we now? Are we…?”

“What?”

“You know… We are way past the best friend line here.”

“No we are not.”

“I’m pretty sure we are Yeol, after all the scratched on my back, and the Myungsoo-harder-harder-faster-faster last night.” Sungyeol punched Myungsoo’s hand.

“What makes you thing a could change everything? You do one night stands every week, and does that make you a couple with every stranger you’ve banged?” Myungsoo blinked and stared at his best friend.

 

 

“No… Not really…”

“Well yeah, relationship is hard Soo. And other than our juniors below, I don’t want anything else to be hard at the moment.”

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol woke up that night, finding Myungsoo was banging the door.

 

 

 

he groaned, he had a fight with the younger. And it was because of jealousy. He met a girl at the bar and had a few decent drinks, and… a few kisses… until Myungsoo decided to came and gave him a sharp comment, due to the shots and the beers; he might have just yelled some curses towards the latter. And he could say the fight didn’t end nicely. In between the alcohol he could remember how hurt Myungsoo when he said. “No string attached. Don’t you get it?! You can bang any stranger right here, right now, right in front of my eyes, and I won’t even flinch. I might have just joined the two of you. SO I guess it’s best for you just to keep your opinion to yourself. I have told you I HAVE NO. NO. ZERO interest on having any relationship” and Myungsoo only stood still, and walked away a few second afterwards. Leaving Sungyeol who were screaming in frustration after Myungsoo was gone.

 

 

He didn’t mean what he said obviously… He knew it as well, after the (and a few after… and… okay he lost count) with him; Myungsoo had never anyone anymore. It was only Sungyeol since then. Only Sungyeol. Well, Sungyeol isn’t the one-night-stand type of guy as well, but in between the tequilas, he found himself a girl .

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Was the first word he said when he saw Myungsoo.

“Hmm…” Myungsoo hummed, “I don’t want to be your best friend anymore.” Myungsoo said. Sungyeol stared at the other guy. He knew the words he had said were going to bit him in the .

 

 

“I am going to ask you this for the last time after so many times I have asked you before. And I want you to answer it… Why? Why you don’t want to have a ing relationship with me Yeol? I have been asking you hundreds time to be mine. And mine only but you keep telling me no, each time you came up with different answers. Now tell me. Why?”

 

 

“I got diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.” Sungyeol answered without any hesitation anymore, knowing it was his last call.

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol didn’t sleep this night, staring at his boyfriend who’s sleeping peacefully beside him.

 

 

He could remember how he forgot where did he put his glasses, how he forgot to cook dinner for Myungsoo, how he forgot his anniversary, how he forgot his home address, and how he woke up a few hours ago at 1 AM midnight, changing to a formal attire thinking he had a meeting with a potential client. He could remember how Myungsoo woke up frantically and held his hands tight telling him it’s midnight, and the meeting was 3 weeks ago, he got the pitch, and the clients love his paintings. He could remember how Myungsoo opened the window and showed him the moon, telling him not only he got the dates mixed up, and the hours as well. He could remember how Myungsoo stripped him off and help him with his pajamas because he was crying heavily.

 

 

He could remember how Myungsoo reacted when he first told him about his AD. “Don’t with me Yeol… This is not funny… Stop giving me stupid reasons to reject me. Man up and tell me why?!”

“I got diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease” Sungyeol repeated.

“Yeol… I’ve told you…”

“I love you Kim Myung Soo… Always have, always will. But I will forget you, and everything eventually. I got diagnosed by it on high school.”

“No… No… I might big time on high school I cheated and copied your works, but I do know it happens to what… elderly people. Do not with me.”

 

 

“I know… They found it when I did a medical check up, apparently I have it in my genetics. I’ll be fine until the next what… I am 24 now. 6 years, I’ll be perfectly fine till the next 6 years. Then I’ll face the four stages and…”

“No no no… Tell me you’re joking now, I’ll ing forgive you Yeol. It’s okay if you don’t want to be my boyfriend, but don’t. Don’t play that card with me, it’s not funny.” Sungyeol sighed when he saw Myungsoo was on the edge of tears.

“I am not lying. I do love you. I do want to be your boyfriend Soo. But imagine if we last long, I do not. DO NOT want to have you as my caregiver. I am not going to be a burden for you.” Myungsoo stood still, when a tear fell from his eye.

 

 

 

“I love you, I’ve been forcing myself to be fine with being best buds. I love you; I might kill myself if one day I wake up realizing I once forget you because of my stupid memory. And I love you, therefore I don’t want to be a burden.”

 

 

Sungyeol could remember clearly how Myungsoo hugged him and cried for hours beside him on the bed. He could remember clearly Myungsoo told him he would wait for him to say yes. And wait he did, boy he did. He could remember it took him a year to finally agree with this relationship thing. And he could clearly remember when Myungsoo hugged him a couple hours ago telling him everything will be okay, that he will find a way. He could clearly remember how he said to Myungsoo he was afraid of sleeping; afraid when he woke up he might have forget something extremely important for him. He could clearly remember how dark Myungsoo’s eyes become when he whispered, “I love you, I am afraid of forgetting you one day. Not having a single trace of you in my memory will kill me.”

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol didn’t sleep this night, staring at his boyfriend who’s sleeping peacefully beside him. Yes he didn’t. He walked to his painting studio and saw his paintings and statues that he sculpted, he saw the pictures Myungsoo had printed, framed beautifully, and hanged on the wall. He took the video camera and put it on the table, recording himself.

 

 

“You might not remember him, or anyone at this point, but yes you remember me.” He laughed. “You’re talking to yourself. Isn’t that funny? So, listen…” he kept talking, and put the cassette back to the case and wrote. To remember.

 

 

Sungyeol walked back to his room and snuggled beside his boyfriend He could clearly remember the words he said that were meant for himself, “…You love him. I don’t have to assure you or shove the facts right to your face… You do know this for sure, you do. You love him. Still as much as I love him right now.

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol finally sleep this morning, on his boyfriend's, oh well... Myungsoo’s warm embrace.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------

okay okay, i know i know. too angsty.. and too cheesy.. me and my angst-eesy love has been over powered and occupied my creative side of brain lately *deep long sigh* oh yes. WELCOME BACK SUNGYEOOOLL! those abs and tan skin *squeals *died in happiness. anyway ahem yes. just like my main fic, i am such a nerd i did a research about this Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia before i wrote it. i dont even know whether it's necessary or not, but i just like it that way. meh... okay enough blabbering. anyway. have a good day. thank you for reading and even subscribing. i'm sorry if the pairing you've been waiting for isnt there yet (woogyu, yadong, wooyeol, myungjong etc etc) just comment below which pairing & theme stated on the foreword you want to see. :D i am open for suggestion and criticism. cheers!