Bite V

Eternal Pledge

            “I don't understand why you guys would want to eat ice cream now. It's cold outside.” Soyoung said as she sipped on her latte and watched her friends take spoonfuls from their bowl of white chocolate chip ice cream.

           “Becauusee” Yura responded, drawing out the word, “ It's the best time to buy it. It's cheaper.”

           Soyoung smirked, “If it's so cheap, why are you guys sharing a small bowl?”

           “We're ladies. We have to watch our figures,” Soon Mi explained, her spoon.

           “If you were so concerned with watching you figure, maybe you shouldn't have gotten ice cream at all.” Both girls narrowed their gaze at their “traitor” friend. “If looks could kill,” Soyoung continued before laughing and taking another sip of her drink.

           “The fun has arrived!” The boom of the familiar voice caused the three friends to turn their heads in the direction of the doorway.

           “Chanyeol!” they exlaimed in unison. Fortunately, the ice cream parlour was relatively empty, with only a few other university students sipping on lattes and stealing the venue's wi-fi.

           “Hello, friends,” the gentle giant grinned as he slipped into the booth. Yura and Soon Mi slid over, making more room for him.

           “These tables are so short,” Chanyeol scrunched his nose in discomfort.

           “Yah, Park Chanyeol,” Soon Mi elbowed him, “Do you see the size of your legs?”

           “Yah, Kim Soon Mi,” Chanyeol lightly elbowed her back, “They're under the table, obviously I can't see them.” Soyoung noticed him side-eye the girls' bowl of ice cream. She smirked, knowing what was coming next.

           “Buuut, what I DO see is that there are two damsels in distress yearning for the assistance of Park Chanyeol.” He paused, finding humour in Yura and Soon Mi's confused faces, and winked at Soyoung.

           “Theassistanceoffinishingtheirbowloficecream!” Chanyeol rambled, grabbing Yura and Soon Mi's bowl before they knew what was happening and attacking it with their spoon.

           The two girls' mouth dropped open as they turned to Soyoung for back-up. Instead, she said, “ Good thing Chanyeol came, guys. He's helping you watch your figure. You should thank him.”

           On cue, Chanyeol gave a wide, ice-creamy smile.

           Before Yura and Soon Mi could complain, someone else slid beside Soyoung in the booth. “Geez Chan, could you walk any faster?” Baekhyun huffed and pouted. To console him, Soyoung patted his shoulder.

           “Soon Mi, tell him about my legs.” Baekhyun's brows knitted together, thoroughly confused at Chanyeol's request. Only Soyoung noticed the blush that came over Soon Mi's face.

           “What about your legs, Chan?” Baekhyun asked when Soon Mi did not reply.

           Chanyeol leaned forward. “They're long.” He faked a cough while leaning back and added, “Longer than yours.” The other friends erupted in laughter, minus Baekhyun of course.

           Soyoung wiped the tears of laughter, “Come on Chan, be nice. Not everyone can handle your craziness.”

           “Me?”, Chanyeol was taken aback. “You think I'm crazy? You should have seen this guy at our last floor party,” he pointed at Baekhyun. The accused's eyes grew wide as all his friends turned to him.

           “Don't listen to him,” Baekhyun defended himself weakly.

           “No no no, you guys have to hear this. At the party, Baekhyun was playing with the light switch and-”

           “I'm hungry! Are you hungry? Come on Chan, let's get some ice cream!”

           “But I just had some of-”

           “Let's go, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said through gritted teeth, yanking his giant friend's arm.

           The mischievous giant smirked and relented, “Whatever you say, Disco Boy.”

           The girls watched them walk towards the counter, Baekhyun throwing punches at Chanyeol all the way.

           With a grin, Soyoung turned her attention to Soon Mi. “You know, you don't have to make it that obvious that you like Baek.”

           Yura banged her fist on the table, “I knew it!”. Soon Mi let her head fall forward, hitting the table with a soft 'thud'.

           “Guyyysss,” she let out a dejected whine before suddenly lifting her head. “You don't think he noticed, do you?”

           Yura shrugged, “I don't think so. He seemed quite intent on preventing Chan from telling the story about their dorm party.”

           Soyoung motioned for the girls to change the conversation topic as Chanyeol and Baekhyun slid back into their seats, each with two large bowls of ice cream.

           “You owe me and Soon Mi some of that, Chan,” Yura reminded him as he gulped down a huge spoonful of mint chocolate chip.

           “No, it's okay,” Soon Mi wrinkled her nose, “I don't like that flavour.”

           “You can have some of mine,” Baekhyun offered, hesitating slightly, “It's just french vanilla.” When Soon Mi didn't respond, Baekhyun shyly pushed the bowl across the table to her. Soyoung kicked her clueless friend under the table.

           Repressing her urge to kick Soyoung back, Soon Mi pulled the bowl toward her and gave Baekhyun a thankful smile.

           “Hey, Soyoung, what's the time,” Yura suddenly asked. Pulling out her phone to check, Soyoung then answered, “Almost 7. Why?”

           “Isn't Lay working tonight?”

           “Yes,” Soyoung answered slowly, not sure why her friend was so interested, “Why?”

           “Well, I mean, we haven't visited Lay at work in a while. Remember, we always used to go after classes?”, Yura reminded them, then took a huge bite of Chanyeol's ice cream.

           The gentle giant laughed, “Oh please, Yura. We all know you only want to go because you have a thing for Lay's boss.” Everyone laughed along except Soyoung.

           “You do?”, she asked incredulously.

           “You know that book she's been carrying around for two weeks now?,” Baekhyun stated as he turned to Soyoung, “Well she only bought it because she saw Kris reading it last time we were there.”

           Soyoung stared in unbelief at her friend. “You're not serious.”

           “I bet she has the book in her bag right now,” Soon Mi smirked.

           “Do you?” All eyes turned to Yura.

           The girl stabbed Chanyeol's ice cream with the spoon. “So what? Am I not allowed to read?!”

           “Sure, sure. Read all you like Yura,” Chanyeol began slyly, “But the question is, can you tell me what chapter we're supposed to read for homework tonight?” Opening to answer, Yura became frustrated that she couldn't remember. “You guys are mean,” she muttered, and continued to mutilate the ice cream.

           “I kinda want to eat that, so...” he informed, pulling his bowl away from her.

           “Well, friends,” Soyoung sighed, “It's been...interesting. But I'm going to head out.” She got up and slung her bag over her shoulder.

           “Are you going to visit Lay?” Yura asked expectedly.

           Soyoung grinned, “Not this time, sorry. Homework beckons, as does apartment hunting and wedding invitations mailing.”

           “Tell Nan Hee not to mail ours. We can just pick it up from her to save money,” Soon Mi suggested helpfully.

           “Will do,” Soyoung began to back away, “Better start finding dates soon, huh girls?” She stated, with a wink at her friends. Yura stuck out her tongue while Soon Mi's cheeks flushed. With a laugh, Soyoung headed out of the ice cream parlour and into the brisk fall air.

           She momentarily considered paying a visit to Lay, however she remembered the list of things she had to get done. She knew her boyfriend was understanding and would rather her finish her work so the next time they saw each other, they could spend time without any distractions anyways. With a smile she pulled out her phone to send him a quick text.

            

           To: Lay Oppa

           From: Soyoung  

           I miss your face <3

            

           To: Soyoungie~

           From: Lay

           Just my face? :O

            

           To: Lay Oppa

           From: Soyoung

           Yeah >:D Get back to work! Call me later~

 

 


Dont forget to comment and subscribe! It helps us update faster~ - Megs