Bite XI

Eternal Pledge

“….We’re having breakfast with Yongwha.” Tao stated simply, “Why do you think we were going to a café? It’s not like you can eat anything yet anyways. “

                Lay gave Tao an apologetic smile, “I can be a bit airheaded sometimes. Sorry.”

                The two of them walked into the small café quietly, and Tao searched the café until his eyes landed on a man sitting in a both in the corner of the room. He was human, but Lay could tell that he smelled much better than anyone else in the room, and he grimaced knowing that Soyoung was going to get this kind of attention.

                “Hyung!” Tao called.

                Yongwha looked up from the piece of paper in his hands and then smiled brightly. He was middle aged, but only just, the lines on his face just beginning to form. Despite all of this, Lay could see a mischievous spark in the man’s eyes, he may have been physically aged but Lay could tell that Yongwha was one of those people who’s spirit would be young forever. They hadn’t even met yet, and already Lay liked him.

                Said man stood up and greeted them loudly, “Ah Tao-tao! Hyun said you had someone with you, who’s this, your boyfriend?”

                Taos face got visibly annoyed, “He’s not my boyfriend!”

                “Then it was the other one I ran into? Sehun? Is that the one who doesn’t smile?”

                “I’m not like that hyung.” Tao mumbled angrily.

                “Ah, I see. Well don’t be rude and introduce me to your not boyfriend.” Yonghwa teased.

                Tao glared at him before taking a breath and turning to Lay, “Yixing, this is Yonghwa hyung. Hyung, Yixing.” The younger sat down abruptly in the seat sulking, “There we’re all introduced.”

                Yonghwa laughed lightly at Tao, “Oh c’mon you know I’m just joking Tao, don’t be sensitive.” He turned to Lay, “I’m worried that he’s never going to find a girl, but I suppose he’s got a lot of time doesn’t he?”

                Lay smiled at the joke, “Yes I’m sure he does sir. It’s very nice to meet you.”

                “Same.” Yongwha returned, “Let’s sit shall we? Tao I ordered you some cake, so don’t be mad.” He said pushing a plate in the direction of the sulking man.

                The vampire turned his head supposedly still upset, but Lay  couldn’t help but notice the smile pulling at the corner of Tao’s lips. “Thank you for coming and meeting with me today.”  Lay said.

                “It isn’t a problem. Since writing music is my job, I have pretty flexible hours.” Yonghwa said taking a sip of his coffee, “But I’m pretty sure you aren’t here to talk about music. Hyun said something about pledging, well she almost did. She said that a new vampire had something to talk about with me, and I kind of put the pieces together.”

                “Did she stop texting you as soon as classes were done switching?” Tao said, reaching for the cake plate. It was strawberry shortcake.

                Yongwha nodded, “Always a stickler for the rules, my wife.” He joked before turning back to Lay, “So Yixing, what is it that you want to know?”

                Lay pursed his lips and thought for a moment, “Well, just…any information you have really. I know the basics but I don’t know what’s going to happen when I do pledge to her…or how she’s going to feel or…” He paused looking down, “I’m just worried about her I guess.”

                The eldest of the three smiled down at his coffee, “Its hard to explain I suppose. But she’s going to feel as bound to you as you will to her. Perhaps even more in a sense.” Lay saw Yonghwa’s eyes get somewhat cloudy as he thought of his own wife. “In the beginning she’ll be dependent on you in a sense, especially at night.”

Lay nodded taking in the information. “So…she’ll want to be around me?”

Yongwha pursed his lips, “It’s had to explain,” He paused thinking, “I know they’ve told you that you’d get anxious if you weren’t around her, but she’ll also feel anxious if she isn’t around you.” He looked Lay in the eye,” And she’s going to be very vulnerable in the beginning months so you’ll need to protect her.”

“I will.”

“I’m not kidding, there isn’t going to be a lot she can do to protect herself in the beginning so be careful. And as far as smell goes…She’ll be very appetizing  for the first year.”

                Lay nodded swallowing, “Right.”

                “She’ll be able to tell when other vampires are around though. Which is nice.” Tao interjected before Yongwha could continue.

                The man nodded acknowledging Tao’s interjection before continuing, “She’ll be weak after you pledge to her, she won’t be able to do much more than sleep for awhile.”

                “Okay.” Lay nodded biting his lip and taking it in, “I…I will remember all of this.”

                Yonghwa’s eyes softened looking at Lay, “I’ll give you my phone number so you can ask me if you remember any more questions.”

                “Thank you.”

 


 

A/N: I'M SO SORRY! I know it's been forever since I last posted, but things are about to pick up again I promise! If you liked it please let us know by commenting and subscribing! It encourages us to update faster! T

Thanks again for all your love and support! - Megs