Leaving

Fame Same Tame

 

 

 

 

'' Let's get it on (oh)

Let's get it on (oh)

Hay girl you y (let's get it on)

On my beat! (let's get it on)

y beat


 

I moksorireul neukkyeobwa

biteu wie neoreul matkkyeobwa

neowa na mami muldeuro ga neum beat (you wanna swing)

mome peojineun adeurenallin gojodweneun gibun so fine

bollyum gameul jwo feel so tight...''


 


 

Mir missed the step and fell. Seungho stopped the music and everyone turned to him. The maknae cursed and hid his face in his hands. Seungho got to him.


 

'' Mirie-ah, what's with you!? the song is not even 2 minutes long and it's been three times you got a move wrong''


 

'' Sorry hyung''


 

'' We've performed it several times on stage and you didn't screwed not even once! we're only practising it to keep up and you screw up! what's the matter?''


 

'' I don't know''


 

'' Well, find out!''


 

Mir got up, bowing.


 

'' Jeoseonghamnida hyung''


 

Seungho cussed at him.


 

'' Aish...alright ten minutes of break everyone, we'll take back after.''


 

Cheondung and Joon got to the bottles of water and Seungho and G.O collapsed on the couch. Mir went to his phone, picked it up and headed to the door. Seungho halted him before he left.


 

'' Yah Mirie-ah!''


 

The boy stiffened and turned to him.


 

'' Nae hyung?''


 

'' Where are you going?''


 

'' Uhm...I need some air''


 

'' Alright but be back in ten minutes''


 

'' I will''


 

Mir left quickly. The leader frowned.


 

'' weird kid''


 


 


 


 

Cheolyong got to the emergency exit and climbed up to the rooftop. He opened the door and looked around. No one was there. He got a big rock and placed  it behind the door so it wouldn't close entirely and leaned on the brick wall. He dialled a number and a sweet woman's voice answered.


 

* Yeoboseyo?*


 

'' Umma, it's me''


 

* Oh! Puppy! how are you?*


 

'' Not good umma''


 

He could hear the concern in his umma's voice.


 

* Oh...Puppy what's wrong?*


 

He slid down the wall, sitting on the rock covered roof.


 

'' Umma, I want to come back home...''


 

* You wanna leave the band?*


 

'' ...nae''


 

* wae? I thought it was your dream*


 

'' It was...it isn't anymore''


 

* wae did you changed now?*


 

'' It's been a while I want to quit but...I just can't tell them.''


 

* Why do you want to quit now that you've worked hard to be at the top?*


 

Mir looked around. He could see the whole city. Seoul, but not his house, not the fields, not his family.


 

'' I feel like I don't belong there...I thought it would be easy once I'll be at the top, but it's harder that when I was working to go up. I can't stand it, the people here are so full of themselves and...I'm just a country boy who learned house chores, how to take care of animals, veggies, to respect people. I had the countryside lifestyle. I thought that living there some years would get me used to it but...far from it...it's getting worse. I'm constantly picked on because of what and how I do, what and how I say. I don't belong here, I don't belong amongst those city boys. I want to come home''


 

His mother was sad on the other end.


 

* Puppy, you know our arms are always wide open to you, but I don't want you to regret your choice. If you want to leave the band, do. But be sure it's not only on homesick thoughts*


 

Mir sighed.


 

'' Umma, I've been hiding those thoughts since more than a year now''


 

* So it's not on a whim?*


 

'' No, it's not''


 

* Tell them then, it's not good for your health to hold all of that inside. You might get yourself sick! And once you're done, give me a call to tell me when you're coming back*


 

Mir smiled a little.


 

'' Umma''


 

* nae?*


 

'' Saranghae''


 

She giggled.


 

* nado puppy*


 


 


 


 

Mir slowly walked back to practice room, head low. When he entered Seungho directly went to him, angry.


 

'' Yah! I told you to be back in ten minutes! it's been fifteen minutes!''


 

Mir stared down, voice low.


 

'' Sorry hyung''


 

Seungho flicked the boy's forehead, making the maknae hiss in pain.


 

'' Where were you!?''


 

'' On the roof''


 

'' What the hell were you doing that took you fifteen minutes''


 

'' I was on the phone with my mom''


 

The leader frowned.


 

'' I'm not buying it''


 

Mir looked up to him, then down again.


 

'' as you want hyung, I know what's real and what's not''


 

The maknae walked past him. Seungho turned quickly.


 

'' Yah! where are you going now?''


 

Mir looked at him with big innocent eyes.


 

'' Practice, as we're supposed to''


 

G.O, Joon and Cheondung looked weirdly at their leader, he seems to be enraged towards Mir for god knows why. It wasn't knew that he was picking on the maknae, but today it was worse than usual. Also, the way Mir was not replying and just apologizing was unusual too. Normally he would spit replies back at the leader but not today, maybe it was why Seungho was picking more. Cheondung went to Mir, sad worried look on. He put a hand on the boy's shoulder.


 

'' Cheollie, you're ok?''


 

Mir smiled falsely at his hyung.


 

'' Nae, gwenchanayo''


 

Cheondung knew it was fake but he didn't pointed it out. Maybe Mir was just having a bad day.


 


 


 


 


 

Once they were home, G.O went to the kitchen to start preparing dinner, Seungho and Cheondung got to the living room to  watch TV and Joon laid on the living room's ground to do some push ups. Mir went to his room to rest but G.O got to his door.


 

'' Cheollie could you help me out in the kitchen?''


 

Mir nodded and followed him in the kitchen. He grabbed a knife and cut the onions, carrots and all the other veggies. Byunghee always said Mir was better than him at cutting. While he had his hyung by his side, Cheolyong asked him.


 

'' Hyung, can I ask you a question?''


 

'' What is it Baby?''


 

'' If I was to leave the band, what would you do?''


 

G.O turned to him, confused.


 

'' What kind of question is that?''


 

'' Can you answer please?''


 

His maknae's seriousness was worrying and scaring him a little. He replied still.


 

'' I would be very sad, and I would miss you very much''


 

'' Wae?''


 

'' I think of you as a little cute baby. I want to protect you and always make you smile and happy. You're really the moodmaker, funny, always make people entertained. You're our mascot''


 

Mir smiled a little.


 

'' Thank you hyung''


 

'' But why did you asked that?''


 

The maknae put the knife on the counter, looking down. G.O leaned to him, concerned.


 

'' Cheolyongie?''


 

The boy walked away and got to the living room. Byunghee left the kitchen and leaned by the door frame. Seungho and Cheondung looked at their maknae and Joon stopped exercising, sitting on the ground shirtless. Mir joined his hands in front of him, still looking down.


 

'' Guys I...I need to tell you something''


 

Seungho rose eyebrows.


 

'' What?''


 

'' I...I'm leaving''


 

Joon looked up to him.


 

'' Where?''


 

'' No...I'm leaving the band''


 

Cheondung sprung up and him and G.O ran to him. The younger one was panicking.


 

'' Mwo wae!?''


 

Mir shook his head.


 

'' Personal reasons''


 

Byunghee had his eyes filled with tears.


 

'' Mwo? since when there are things you can't tell us?''


 

'' I'm sorry...''


 

Seungho stood up too.


 

'' Does the CEO knows?''


 

Mir nodded.


 

'' I'm handing him my resignation tomorrow morning.''


 

Cheondung was near tears too.


 

'' What would you do if you quit?''


 

'' I'm going back to the farm to help my dad while I finish my studies...after that, I'll go with the flow, maybe I'll take back the farm''


 

G.O pulled him into a tight hug.


 

'' Baby, why do you have to quit!?''


 

Cheondung hugged him too.


 

'' Cheollie I don't want to believe you!''


 

The maknae hugged them back a little, looking up. He caught Seungho looking aside, eyes glistening with tears. He kindly pulled away from Sanghyun's and Byunghee's hold. He got to the leader and took his hands in his.


 

'' I'll miss you Seungho-hyung, I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused you''


 

Seungho held a little tighter on the younger's hands.


 

'' I'm sorry for the way I treated you all those years''


 

'' Gwenchana''


 

They heard Byunghee sniffed then scold.


 

'' Joon-ah!''


 

Changsun was still sitting on the floor, gaze down. G.O frowned at him in annoyance.


 

'' How can you stay quiet and do nothing when Mir just told us he was leaving!?''


 

The muscular boy sighed and stood up, shrugging.


 

'' If he wants to leave, let him do. It's his life and his own choices. We have no right to hold him back''


 

Joon rose his head up to Mir.


 

'' Take care of you Cheolyong''


 

Then he walked away to his room. Mir looked down again, heart aching. Joon had eyes welled up in tears.