Her Lifeless Eyes

The Way I Loved You

A strong woman is someone who can smile this morning like she wasn't crying last night.


 

Bom's pov

So here I am, let myself drown inside the vodka. At Saturday night, in the club, drinking alone like there's no tomorrow. My black dress started to feel uncomfortable as the time passed by. Dara was probably dancing with those guys she met earlier when we got here. But me? I don't really know. He cancelled our date again. As usual, he was busy with his work and deadlines. I caress the ring that attached in my finger. The ring that he gave me on our 2nd anniversary 5 months ago. The ring which hold a thousand memories of me and him. The ring who witnessed all the loves that come between us. I felt great just by touching it. It made me feel warm and loved. It reminded me that we belong to each other. Smile came to my face as i took another shot of vodka in the bar. I took off the silver ring and put it on table, next to my phone and purse. I kept staring at it so then i won't have to feel so lonely. But the fact that I was drinking alone couldn't help myself realize that he was far away from me tonight.

"Excuse me, can i ask for some tissues?" I called the nearest bartender. He was cleaning the counter, so he must be not that busy.

"Sure" He stopped cleaning and grabbed some tissues from the other side of the bar. "Here you go miss" He handed me a little stack of tissues. The bartender looked young and funny. He had that black circle on his eyes. Kinda reminded me of pandas, they're always the cutest. As I gazed on his face, he started to look shock after he finally realized that i was drinking alone.

"Woah, drinking? in the club? alone?" he dropped his equipments and stood in front of me, waiting for me to tell him a bedtime story. "So what happened? Broke up? Lose a job? Fight with a friend?"

"You asked me too many questions you know" I cleaned my fingers with the tissues as I started to feel that this guy was the kind of a helpful advisor.

"I'm sorry it's just, strange to see a beautiful girl like you sitting alone in the club" he laughed a little bit

"I'm not alone, my friend is here too. She's probably dancing with those people now" I put down the tissues and grabbed my phone. I could see his face in my wallpaper. Somehow, it stabbed me inside. It felt hurt to see his face, but i don't know exactly why.

"Your fiancee?" The bartender leaned closer to me as he tried to look at my phone screen. Fiancee? I guess he saw my ring that laid on the table. And also his picture on my phone screen.

"Uh-oh, nope. He's my boyfriend. I'm not engaged you see eh..this ring is his gift for me on our 2nd anniversary. J-just to symbolize our relationship" I smiled a bit, trying to explain to him. 

"Oh i see. Anyway my name is Seungri." He s his hand to me. I understand in a second and we shook hands. He seemed like a nice guy, and he looked younger so i felt more confident to talk to him.

"I'm Bom. How old are you by the way?" I asked him straight to the point

"I'm 19. Young huh? This is just my part time job, i'm a college student majoring musical art and theatre. You know, i need money so i had no choice" He smiled again. I could see we both already felt comfortable with each other. I don't usually talk to strangers but, well i was drinking alone i didn't really have any other choice.

"Ah yes I understand. I am also a college student but i will graduate this year" I took another shot of my vodka.

"Then noona, can i ask for your phone number? Maybe we could hang out another time?" Wow what a brave little man. He asked my phone number after a few minutes of conversation. I was a little bit shock but there's nothing to lose. Making new friends maybe can cure my gloomy mood right now. I took his phone that he gave to me. I typed my phone number immediately and gave it back to him. I was about to put my hand back on the table but i accidentally dropped my ring. It felt down to the floor. I bowed down to take it when suddenly a guy came and took it for me.

I got up to see his face. He had this a little eccentric and colorful hairstyle. His fashion also seemed so expensive. And his face, he reminded me of someone. Someone that i saw a million times before. Someone that Dara always talked about. Someone who alwzys appeared in everywhere i go.

Wait...

G-Dragon? That G-Dragon from Big Bang?

He grabbed my hand in sudden and put the ring in it. I gotta admit that his hand felt a little bit rough. Very typical of men's hands. A sign of hardwork maybe? What am i thinking?

"Be careful next time okay? Better if you never put it off. You don't want to make your fiancee sad if in any chance you might lose this ring, right?" He gave me that little smile. That smile that i used to see on TV and Internet. And mostly Dara's phone.

I tried to ignore him cause i didn't know what to do. Maybe the fact that he was that famous GD made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I don't really like him since i didn't have an interest in K-Pop songs. I prefer Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Brian McKnight. To be honest.. Inside, i had this urge to call Dara and tell her that his fantasy boyfriend just touched my hand. But i didn't even bother cause, well...i felt uncomfortable. I grabbed my phone and typed Dara's name. I was about to text her when suddenly, i felt someone was sitting next to me on that bar. From all many empty seats right there, this person chose the one which was exactly next to mine. I took a quick glance at that person, and then i realized. It was GD.

Here goes the awkward moment. We just talked a few seconds ago, so i felt like i had to start a conversation with him. But, why do i have to start a conversation with him anyway? Okay, let's just get this straight. Pretend that he's not GD. He's just a random guy who sat in the bar. But no matter how much i've tried, i still can't. I mean, I've seen him so many times on TV. And I gotta say, he's so much cooler in person. I could feel his cool image, just exactly what i thought he would be. I don't really know him but since Dara was a huge fangirl of him and she talked a lot about him, I knew that he was a really cool and high class person. Right, his perfume could tell it.

"Why is this beautiful woman drinking alone?" and suddenly, all the cool thoughts about GD in my mind flew away.

He just hit on me.

Right.

I could tolerate if it was some random guys, or maybe Seungri. But GD? He hit on a girl like me? Someone who completely not worth to be with a celebrity like him. His rate in my eyes turned down from 5 stars to 3 stars. Like, what the hell? Beautiful woman?

He took a glance on me and leaned closer to me. I could feel my heart was beating so fast. Being afraid of what was he gonna do next. He put his arm on the table in front of me. Just like when he's about to hug me or something. But instead, he took my ring again and gazed at it.

"Huh, you just broke up?" How dare he asked me that kind of question? Broke up? Why did everybody think i just broke up? Me and my boyfriend were just fine! I stared at him for a moment. Wondering what should i do with this guy.

"Wondering how do i know that you just broke up? Huh, look at you right now. You look so desperate." Do I? Do i look desperate? I do feel gloomy but it couldn't affect my appereance right? This guy is something! I swear!

"Y-ya! How dare you talk to me like that?! Seriously ish" I was so pissed that i couldn't stand to be in that club anymore. I took my money out of my purse and put it on the counter. I immediately went out of the club. I found a taxi and quickly got back to my apartment.

 


 

GD's pov

"Y-ya! How dare you talk to me like that? Seriosuly ish"

That girl walked away from the bar. Exactly away from me. What did I just say to her?! How could i be that stupid?! I said she looked desperate?! Stupid Jiyong! This wasn't your first time approaching a girl right? But why did you do that? Seriously what happened to me?

I didn't blame her for acting that way to me. Not after what i just said to her. I admit that i acted rude. But honestly, i didn't even know why. When the time that i sat next to her on the bar, it was because something that i saw in her eyes. The sense that i got when i saw her moving. And when i stood closer to her. And when i saw her from the distance. She was alone and she looked really miserable. The only person she talked with was that bartender in front of her. Somehow, it made me feel bad inside. Like, It's just sad to see someone being lonely. Especially if it's a girl. I mean who doesn't? Even a very cold and heartless person could feel that way if they see someone like her. I didn't like it. That's why i came to her, so maybe there's something i could to make her feel better. I mean hey! behind my free and wild image i also do have feelings okay?

When i walked towards her, she suddenly dropped her ring. From that scene, it's obvious that she just had a breakup with her what? fiancee? She's engaged already?

Without a doubt i helped her to take the ring for her. When she got up, i could see her eyes. It was so.. lifeless. Like a storm just went over her. So shame cause i gotta say, she's pretty. What kind of guy that would gave up on her?

"Why did you say that to her?" Suddenly, Seungri talked to me. Of course he saw what i did. I don't know ri, but it's just. I didn't expect that i could be so stupid. Being close to her made me feel like an idiot. Like suddenly, i couldn't think right. Like she just took out my sanity. But how could i explain that to you ri?

"She's a nice girl, you shouldn't do that Ji! She's different from all the ty girls you always took from this club..aissh seriously!" I could tell, Seungri was mad at me. That's okay, it's totally fine. I admit that i was wrong.

I was about to rub my forehead when suddenly i realized, i've been holding a ring. Yes, her ring. She forgot her ring. I gazed at it. It was made of silver. Looked so simple i thought. Then i saw a name was written inside it.

Choi Dongwook

It must be her fiancee.

"Ya, Seungri! Do you have her phone number?" I asked him as i still gazed at the ring

"W-what? Her phone number? Ya! What do you want to do with her?!" His tone got higher

"She left her ring. I just want to give it back" I showed the ring to Seungri so he would believe me.

"Here" He handed me his phone. I saw her contact along with her name and her number.

So that's her name.

Bom