Finally, a compliment!

Bad Cupid

.

.

.

.

..

I sat on my study table and turn on my labtop, and myeyes seemed to have caught a glimpse at the window beside me.
I turned my face to the side and to my surprise, I saw Jaejoong in my neighbor’s house.
I blinked a few times, squinted my eyes, even rubbed my eyes to make sure that I’m not seeing it wrong.
But it turns out that it is real.


Jaejoong noticed me from his window, and he flashed me a grin. ‘Jackpot..’ Jaejoong thought.
He then opened the window, “Hey!”
He greeted as he waved his hands towards me.
The distance between our window is not that far and I can hear his voice very clearly. I think the distance is just about 5m away.

“H-Hey..” I greeted back, still surprised by his presence. “You live there?”

“Yeah, from now on. I rent the room here.” Jaejoong answered. “I didn’t expect you to be my neighbors, this must’ve been fate?” He pretended that this is all coincidence.

“Rent it?” I tilter my head. It’s just weird. The old man living there has always demanded that he will never hand over his house to anyone, even renting it. He lived alone though.. I guess he must have think it through and changed his mind.
“Lucky you..” I said to Jaejoong.

lucky my .. It requires me a lot of magic to get it..’ Jaejoong thought.
He did try to get this room by flicking his finger and let the magic do its wonder. However, it turns out that the magic didn't work on the old man.
Normally, cupid can execute their magic anywhere and anytime, but for some reason it doesn't work only on this old man.
Jaejoong did feel curious but he prioritise completing his mission first. So he dropped his suspicion and transformed into his human form, pleading and begging to the old man for the room.
After all the promises, contracts, and talks; the old man allowed him to.
 

Right then, the old man opened Jaejoong’s room door after knocking it.
“Jaejoong, would you mind going out to buy me some green tea powder?” The old man said.

“N-Now?" Jaejoong said. He didn't want to miss his chance of talking to you since it's vital to his mission.

"In the contract, rule number 58. You will go and buy whatever the old man is asking you without delaying it." The old man looked at him.

"Sure.” Jaejoong answered. He's defeated by the old man.
He looked at me and mouthed ‘see you later’ as he waved at me. He closed the window and went out of his room with the old man.


 

 

One day at work, Jonghyun is there again like usual with Krystal again. Hyori and Jiyoung told me to take his order AGAIN..
I have been doing this over and over again..
Even though I’m happy I just hoped that he will never think of me in a weird way..
Hyori and Jiyoung got excited just by watching me serving him, they really do support me. And they have always hoped something would happen between us when I served him.


Meanwhile Jaejoong is making two glasses of coffee for the customers.
He saw Hyori and Jiyoung sticking together, not helping him at all. He then looked at where they are looking at, then them again.
“What’s wrong with you two?” Jaejoong asked, pretending that he didn’t see me there.

“Can’t you see? Hyosun is serving her crush..” Jiyoung said.

“Really? How long has it been since she had her eyes on him?” Jaejoong asked.

“About.. 3 months..?” Jiyoung answered.

“jonghyun often came here and he’s a regular now.” Hyori added.

“But it’s weird. They go to the same university, the same major, and the same class. How are they not talking to each other or say hi or something??” Jiyoung frowned.
That time, I just came back to the counter and overheard them I playfully strangled Jiyoung’s neck.
“Ya, don’t go around telling people about it..”

“Don’t worry.. Jaejoong is not ‘anyone’ but he’s ‘someone’..” Hyori chuckled and Jaejoong nodded in agreement.

“Whatever..” I sighed. I went over to the coffee maker and started to make the drinks Jonghyun ordered.

“Don’t worry.. I’ll try to help you somehow.” Jaejoong patted my shoulder. Instead of feeling happy when he offered me help, I laughed sarcastically.

 

Later at the evening, both Jaejoong and I finished work at the same time. Both of us went over to the back room to get our belongings.
“Hyosun, are you doing anything after this?” Jaejoong suddenly asked. I closed my locked and put my bag on top of a table that separates the two lockers.

“No. Why?” I rummaged my bag trying to find my phone.

“Do you want to come with me to a hairdresser?” Jaejoong asked. “I wanted to dye my hair but don’t wanna go alone.”

“Alright.. Since I’ve got nothing to do myself..” I sighed. Both of us then went out of the back room and made our way out of the café. We passed by Jonghyun and Krystal’s table. I totally forgot about their existence since i was too immersed in my conversation with Jaejoong.
“Jonghyun, what’s wrong?” Krystal asked.

“H-Huh?” Jonghyun turned around and blinked. He was looking at my direction the whole time. “Nothing..”

 

When we arrived at the hairdresser, the employees directed Jaejoong to a seat. I sat on the other seat beside him. While I wasn’t looking, he flicked his finger. There goes his magic again, one of the hairdresser came over to me and suddenly touched my hair, examining it.
“You..” The hairdresser said. “Do you want to dye your hair?”

“E-Excuse me?” I answered. Whats’ with this guy suddenly touching my hair and now offered me a hair color?

“Your blonde hair doesn’t seem to really suit you.. I suggested a black hair or a dark color..” He said. “And your hair is very dry too.. Must’ve because you bleached your hair.”

“No.. I’m fine..” I politely rejected him.

“Just try it. I guess you will look better in black..” Jaejoong smiled. “Which I’m sure Jonghyun will like it too..”

The last part that Jaejoong said had a big impact in persuading me to dye my hair.  “O.. Okay.. I guess I’ll try it..”

Jaejoong moved his face to the other side and smiled from ear to ear, ‘success!’

 

On the next day at work, Jonghyun came into the café again with Krystal. As usual, Hyori and Jiyoung are about to tell me to take his order again but Jaejoong stepped up.
“Let me take his order.” He took the dockets from Hyori and walked towards Jonghyun’s table.

“Why..? Out of the blue..?” Jiyoung mumbled.

“Gosh Jaejoong.. This won’t change Hyosun’s feelings towards Jonghyun..” Hyori said.

“What do you mean?” I asked Hyori.

“You know… Jaejoong seemed to have his eyes on you..” Jiyoung answered. Hyori then hit Jiyoung’s shoulder.

“It’s his secret!!” Hyori put her finger close to her lips. But even though she said so, she ended up spilling it. “He requested you to be his trainer, and he wanted to have the same shifts as you too.”
I look at him and his figure there. Even from the side, he looks amazing. His tall figure and when he’s in all black, he just look stunning. But if he does like me, why does he help me with Jonghyun?

 

Later, when I was checking some stuff at the cashier, a guy came up and handed me a $20 notes. I looked up to find Jonghyun.
“Table number 7.” Jonghyun smiled.

“O-oh.. sssure..” I stuttered.
I was kind surprised seeing him. I quickly did some things to the cashier and the total amount appeared on the screen. “It’s $15.”

I took the note from him and gave him the change. He took the change and put it inside his wallet, then he slipped his wallet into his back pocket.
“By the way..” He said. I looked up to see him again. “You look pretty with that dark hair color.”

After saying that, he left the café with Krystal..
Jaejoong who passed by me, slightly pat my shoulder, “Told ya..” He whispered.
The he continued walking to where Hyori and Jiyoung is to get a cloth. Slowly my lips curled up into a smile.

Hyori and Jiyoung who saw what happened looks happy as well. They smiled and cheered. While Jaejoong folded his hands and look up, “As expected of this great Jaejoong.. All your plan worked well..” He mumbled to himself.
Just another few more events.. and they will be together..

.

.

.

.

Hmm.. after thinking it for a while.. I guess I’ll say goodbye to Yunho.. Sorry Yunho..
I’ve decided to make this a short story. It's bee a bit hard fo rme tow rite about this since my brain hasn't been very clear these days with the stress i got from my uni.
And this story will end in only a few more chapters and I’ll start a new story about a fan and her idol. I’m just still not sure whether to starred Shinee or TVXQ. Hmm hard choice..