Ambiguous Break Ups

The Demon Lord's Bride

9d4d5e510b7843e1997d157924aed9ad.jpg

I woke, I almost wish I hadn't. The moment my eyes opened and I made an effort to get up from bed, my head pounded. It almost felt like I knew how earth felt when the comet collided on it and destroyed all the dinosaurs. Except in my case it was my brain cells. Never again will I over dose on alcohol again. I scanned the room, it was not mines. I quickly lifted the warm blanket from my body. The coldness of the room quickly enveloped me. I swung my legs off the bed, the bottom of my foot touching the cold hard floor.

 

Then I noticed.

 

The pillow. In dark pink.

 

The cover in light pink.

 

The blanket in satiny patterns colored of pink and white.

 

This was Tiffany's room.

 

I glanced at the body length mirror that stood in front of the room. My hair was a mess. My make up partially smeared. And my top was still in place (thankfully) , but the skirt I wore needed adjustments. I quickly gave it a good pull. There. Back into place.

 

My stomach started to growl.

 

I need to be fed, It commanded.

 

I quickly made my way downstairs.

 

The aroma of sausages and fried eggs quickly filled my nostrils as I arrived to the first floor of her house. My mouth naturally salivated. My stomach whined more. It wants food in it now.

 

“Morning Tiffany” I cried as I stretched my arms over my head. She turned smiling, her eyes disappearing as her grin protruded.

 

“Morning! Kendall dear”

 

Even in the morning, Tiffany manages to keeps her hair glossy and voluminous. Her make up was always so flawless and natural, her outfits always y and modest. Yes only Tiffany can manage a word and its antonyms. I sat onto the stool, studying my friend as I rested my chin into my hand. She turned the plate of food in one hand and another plate of food in her other hand. She glanced up at me.

 

“Wei...” She asked her eyes widen.

 

“What?” I asked, still staring intently at the perfect girl.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked as she placed the plates on the counter.

 

A question struck me from a faraway blue.

 

“Tippany!” I cried.

 

“What is it?” She asked.

 

“Do you love Taecyeon?” I asked. I didn't know what came over me. It was a odd question. But I remembered vaguely about it. How I was discussing it with Taecyeon the night before. I forgot what I said. Tiffany though had always talked about thee events that happened in her life. She never gave any direct connotations to her feelings of Taecyeon. She stared at me. The first five seconds of her gaze filled with silent words. The honest gaze disappeared and it was replaced by her famous smile again.

 

“Why do you ask such a question. That's so odd” Tiffany cried as she handed me a metal fork.

 

“It was a topic that came up last night “ I started, as I took the fork. I dug into my egg.

 

“Topic. Between you and Taecyeon?” She asked.

 

I glanced up quickly, She had a nonchalant expression as she ate her fruits. That was Tiffany, she never like to act like she cares. Care for guys that is. I frowned, feeling uncomfortable for bringing up the fact that I had a private conversation with her boyfriend.

 

“Yeah. But he was only looking after me for you” I quickly added.

 

“That is funny. How did the conversation escalate from just looking after you to asking whether I loved him or not? “ she asked as she forced a laugh out. She looked up. “ Do you remember how we first met Taecyeon?”

 

I forked another bite of egg into my mouth. How we met.

 

“I forgot” I answered.

 

Was it a lie? No. Not exactly.

 

“You met him first, remember. You guy were lab partners for Bio? That was the last credit he needed before he graduated” She reminded me.

 

“Yeah. Just lab partners. I've had a lot of lab partner, throughout my life in school” I quickly claimed.

 

She shrugged, “Guess so”

 

“Yes, and you still haven't answered my question” I started, this was my turn to interrogate her.

 

“You told me you weren't interested in Taecyeon” She responded. Which once again seemed to have no connection with the question I just asked.

 

“I'm not. He's yours. You guys are dating. You guys are together” I reprimanded. “I told you I'll never like the guy you like”

 

“Right. And I believe you” Tiffany nodded. She forked another piece of grape into . “I'm going to break up with Taecyeon”

 

I frowned.

 

Wait.

 

What?

 

“Why?” I asked. I put my fork down.

 

“Because I've never considered that question before, whether I love Taecyeon or not”

 

“And because of that. You want to break up with him? Tiffany. That's stupid. I didn't even mean to-”

 

The door to her house rung, She glanced casually over. “Let's get off the topic” She got up and sauntered over to get the door. I took in a deep breathe. What just happened? Suddenly I wasn't all that hungry anymore.

 

“Taecyeon...”

 

I turned, and there standing outside the door was Taecyeon. What great timing.

 

“Hey, Good morning” He glanced over at me, and nodded “Kendall”

 

“Yo...” I sighed. I slipped of the seat slowly, wishing to leave the room as fast as possible.

 

“Taeyceon. I have something to say” Tiffany started.

 

He stared down at her for a long while, his expression quiet. Maybe if I just stand against the wall, and just stay silent. I'll blend in and no body will notice me. Not that I don't want to leave the scene. But with that intense atmosphere. My departure would seem too fishy. I'm just a cameo anyways. Camera please rotate over back to the Starlet and her prince.

 

“Yeah?” He asked.

 

“Let's not ever see each other again” She raised her eyes as she said those words.

 

“What is it now?” Taecyeon asked, He took in a deep breathe. He didn't look sad. No. He looked annoyed though. Almost a kind of bored and tired annoyed.

 

“This time. I'm serious” She took off her necklace, the one with a crowned ring. She held it towards him.

 

He glanced at the necklace, “I don't take back what I give. Throw it away if you want”

 

She nodded, as she made her way towards the kitchen, pulling out the large container for Taecyeon to see. She popped open the lid, and raised the necklace above it.

 

“I means nothing to you...?” Taecyeon asked.

 

Tiffany shook her head, “ Not when it means nothing to 'you'”

 

Taecyeon nodded as he tore his gaze away. “I guess you are serious. And you don't ever want anything to do with me after all. Is that right?”

 

“I don't have anything to say to you anymore, Go” She pointed out the door. He stared at her for a long while before he finally turned and left. Just as he turned she dropped the necklace into the garbage can.

 

“Wait!” I cried, to both Taecyeon and Tiffany.

What the is going on right now?

 

I ran towards her, and quickly reached inside the garbage can.

 

“Kendall! What are you doing?” Tiffany cried quickly grabbing hold of my arms.

 

“That Necklace!” I said. This woman. I pure crazy.

 

“I told you. I don't anything to do with it. I don't want it anymore”

 

“What do you mean you don't want it anymore?! I'm going to go get Taecyeon. You guys need to talk it out “ I turned quickly and dashed out the door. As I got to the front porch, I saw the tall man making his way over to his car. I quickly ran towards him. “Taecyeon!” I called.

 

He stopped, but only for a second, before he continued his way towards his car.

 

Oh, No. He didn't.

 

I quickly elevated my jogging to a fierce dash, I landed right to the other side of the car and opened the door to the front passenger seat.

 

“You need to listen” I called in.

 

“Get in, or close my door” he answered, as he slid into his drivers seat and clicked in his seat belt. I quickly slid in as well. I slid in forgetting to hesitate.

 

Okay. I feel mighty guilty right now.

 

I've never played a peacemaker before.

 

All I know is I am not going to lose my precious sleep letting my consciousness beat up my mentality at night.

 

But suddenly, the whole car was silent as he started to drive.

 

“Um. Tiffany, didn't really mean it”

 

“Are you a liar?” Taeyceon asked. What is up with everybody today? All their answers are incoherent to my statements.

 

I blinked slowly, “Depends, to who and on what”

 

Wow. That was the most honest dialogue I ever given in my life.

 

He didn't respond, which gave me time to decide whether I should rat myself out or not. Should I tell him, it was me who (accidentally) provoked Tiffany's decision to break up with him?

 

“How do you feel from last night?”

 

His question caught me off guard. I stared out the window. “You have more important things to worry about, I should not be in your list of concerns”

 

“Do you hate me?”