Chapter 5

Break Those Walls

A/n: New character! The girl ^^

-


"Jaehyun-ah! It's time to bring the folks out for a walk in the park!" Manager Sim instructed Jaehyun. Jaehyun was a fervent volunteer who always enthusiastically initiate activities for the senior citizens here who are bored to their stiffened bones. Although Jaehyun was attached to Lady Kim, an elder disabled patient, she would also roam around to talk to other elderly when their attached nurses were absent.

Jaehyun found Lady Kim terrifying at first. She had scars over her face and her legs. Her scars did not snake down her body but rather nipped furiously at her skin. She would stare out of the window most of the time, staring at the autumn leaves turning to a shade of golden brown.
The leaves are dying, just like her heart.

"Mrs Kim, would you like to go out for a walk?" Jaehyun smiled. Lady Kim was different from what she looked, she was sweet and caring, often and all, she would offer Jaehyun some of her biscuits during tea break. Lady Kim nodded and Jaehyun wheeled in her wheelchair as Lady Kim gingerly took a seat on the wheelchair. Walking or any involvement of her lower body’s muscles was a chore. Lady Kim's legs were beyond hope, Jaehyun remember the first day when she was sent here, Lady Kim terrified everyone. Jaehyun cautiously wheeled Lady Kim to the garden, where the autumn wind greeted them, messing up Jaehyun's hair and the birds sung, as if mocking the poor girl of her disheveled appearance.

"Jaehyun-ah, I am so lonely." Lady Kim initiated a conversation.

"Ani Lady Kim! I'm here for you!" Jaehyun smiled sweetly, hoping to eject as much love and warmth into Lady Kim's heart, although she know she was not of that capability to do so. Jaehyun thought Lady Kim was just as like any abandoned old folks here, all thrashed away by their ungrateful daughters and son.

"Surely your family members will come and see you soon!" Jaehyun assured while Lady Kim's hair and looking her in the eye. Lady Kim shook her head.

"They don't even know I'm alive."