Chapter 6

Break Those Walls

Infinite and Myungsoo were heading out to a nearby cafe. It was the first time Myungsoo had decided to leave those four walls of his and take a breadth of nature. The birds, the wind, the leaves. How Myungsoo had missed them for years. He had an urge to pick up a canvas sheet and buckets of paint and whip up a picture blended by a splendor of colors.

"YA KIM MYUNGSOO!! PALI!" Sungjong whined. He was the youngest and had a pair of signature puppy eyes that made all his hyungs always give in to him. Myungsoo shook his head, stopping in front of a tree. It had one more leaf. Hanging, though it had turned into a sickly dying brown leaf, it seemed as though it never wants to leave this tree. Myungsoo admired it, his hyungs 10 metres away from him.

What happened next took less than a minute.
Say "Cheese sandwich are far better than chocolate muffins topped with vanilla cream." Before you could finish your sentence, it was over.

A black van screeched beside the pavement and a forearm pressed against Myungsoo's nape and drag him into the van. He was caught off guard and stunned, because that was how Myungsoo and his mother were kidnapped. He tried to fight back but a pair of handcuffs were fastened at his wrists and he was tossed into the van. Infinite? They were just as shocked and sprinted to help. Sungyeol pounced on a hooded man with his dolphin scream while Hoya slammed a punch on his stomach. But alas, the man was strong, he simply or almost shrug Sungyeol of as if he was a fallen leaf that had landed on his shoulder. They just to stop the van in hope to save their friend but the van roared alive and sped off.

Helpless. It's the worst feeling on earth. Not being to do anything.
Stare at your friend being nabbed away.
Stare at your mother being killed brutally.
Stare at yourself for not being able to do anything.

Infinite hurriedly dashed back home and alerted his parents. Mr Kim took half the day off, as his company finally had clenched an important deal and the company let off at mid afternoon. Mr Kim was just thinking how he could probably take Myungsoo out to the park, like how he used to when Myungsoo was young. But the news that greet him extinguished his thoughts like a fire put out by water.

Mr Kim shot up instantly as if the sofa was on fire. Ms Park on the other hand could not give much of a damn. Mr Kim panicked while Infinite continuously apologized but an apology was not what Mr Kim wanted. He did not file for a police report, he was sure the kidnapper just wanted a ransom and his child would be freed safe and sound.

He waited in trepidation.