For You

Last Wish

-November 3rd, 2010: 876 Cranes-

 

"Did you miss me?" you ask with a bright smile. Well, the brightest smile you can muster in your post-sick state. It physically pains Daehyun to see how much thinner you are, how sickly you look. Still, if you've recovered from worse, he knows it just takes a little time before you're just as energetic as you usually are. That doesn't stop him from worrying for the time being though.

"Of course I did! I don't think you realize how much my world revolves around you. All I did was fold cranes while you were sick, I'm almost at nine-hundred." he replies lips quirking to the left when you slip your arms around one of his. He's missed you at his side, more than he realized as your familiar presence warms him.

"Good, now you can wish to become an idol like you've always wanted." you say leaning into his arm. Daehyun's half-grin falls.

"That's not the wish I'm folding all these cranes for." he says honestly. He's actually a little miffed that you thought that's what all this effort was for. On top of training at the academy you thought he was giving himself an extra edge with this crane thing?

"Is it for a lifetime supply of cheesecake then?" you tease, smiling up at him.

He doesn't return it. Normally he would joke with you but, after your latest sick leave he doesn't think this is something that can be taken lightly anymore. He's hellbent on making his wish for you, now more than ever.

"What would you wish for then, if you were folding all these cranes?" he deadpans, feeling belittled for his hard work. Noticing his change in demeanor you stop smiling and answer him seriously.

"That no matter what you'll be happy. With or without me, you’ll be happy and you'll follow your dreams to do what you love. Don't waste your wish, use it for something that really matters to you." you state with an almost flat stare.

Daehyun suppresses the need to flinch, your words harsher than you think they are.

"I'm not wasting it, I'm using it for what matters to me most." he says just as austere.

For you.

To Daehyun you're more important than becoming an idol. If he can survive without being one for this long he can handle never being one. It's not like he knows what that's like anyway. Unlike being an idol, he does know what it's like to live with you and he knows what it's like to have you missing from his life. It doesn't matter how long you're gone—it can be a week, three days, one day—he feels like he's going to drown in his emptiness without you regardless. He knows how much his heart aches when he's not with you. He knows that if you're not in his life he doesn't have anything to live for.

That's why, no matter what you say he's using that wish for you.

His Bu-Santokki.