Caring

Last Wish

-November 22nd 2010: 900 Cranes-

 

You bring up his wish again.

"Is your wish about me?" you ask bluntly.

Daehyun thinks for a moment about the "rules" of the crane's wish and decides it's okay to be vague, at least.

"What if it is?" he muses, folding the edge of a wing. It's getting close to the end of the year. He needs to work his off if he wants to meet his deadline of the last day of 2010.

You don't reply.

"______-ah, is something wrong? You've been acting kind of odd lately..." he trails off, peering at your face worriedly. You really have been acting out of sorts, always staring off at nothing, sitting solemnly rather than nothing him or smiling like you normally do—you've become too serious for your personality.

"I'm fine, just... Don't use that wish on me, please." you plead softly, staring off again at nothing.

"Why not, what if I want to? It's my wish I can do what I want with it." Daehyun points out, somewhat dejected. He wants to use his wish on you. He spent all those countless hours and hours meticulously folding crane after crane after crane for you. You're the only thing in his life worth spending so much time and effort on, that he'll ever spend that much time and effort on.

"If you really cared about what I think or about me at all you'll use that wish on yourself." you snap now glaring at nothing.

Daehyun's taken aback by your sudden shift in mood, unused to you being so against anything this zealously. That it's about something he wants to do for you makes his heart ache on top of his unpreparedness.

"I do, that's why I'm using it on you." he states firmly, finishing his current crane with unnecessarily rough creasing.

"No, you don't have to use it on me. You've done so much for me already..." you're silent for a moment then add, "Do something for yourself for me then." in a soft murmurs, glare softening to a woeful stare. Daehyun sighs, dropping the crane into the nearly full jar of its companions. He doesn't know what to do about you and this subject anymore.

"I already am." is all he says.

The matter is dropped and the rest of the day is spent in silence.