- Chapter 3 -

The Forgotten Me ...

“Min Young-sshi! I thought you weren’t going to come! How come you are so late, today?!” the Head Nurse shrieked. You could only give her a sheepishly smile.

 

“See, ahjumma! I knew it she will come!” the young nurse stuck out her tongue at the old lady. While they were bickering, you grabbed the napkin on the counter and slowly dabbed on your cut. 

 

“Min Young-sshi! Oh my god! What happened to your lips?! Why is there a bruise on your cheek?!” she shrieked again.

 

“I’m fine …” you could only give her a tired smile. Before you could walk away, she grabbed your shoulders and pushed you down on the chair. She used cotton to dab on you cut with alcohol and sanitizers. You could only sigh. It hurts pretty badly.

 

“Is just a small cut, you don’t have to worry about it” you stopped the treatment.

 

“It isn’t a small cut, Min Young. Is a big cut, you know it hurts and just whined in pain. Why are you doing this to yourself?” she asked in a soft voice. You could see the sadness in her eyes. You just turned away from her and stared into spaces.

 

“I’m done. Go on and see your brother. But she is here though …” she whispered to you. You bow and say your thanks and walked towards the room.

 

“Ahjumma, why do you care so much about her? She is not even related to you. You will get worried about her when she doesn’t come here on time …” the young nurse asked the Head Nurse in curiousity.

 

“She had been through a lot. For a young girl like her to actually live alone with memories that is slowly fading … I feel sad for her. She used to be lively but sometimes things just don’t want to go the way you want it too. By the time, slowly she tends to be forgetful. Is as if she trying to erased the memories or maybe she doesn't want to remember them at all …” the Head Nurse cried watching your figure standing outside the room and looked inside. Her heart hurts when you could only see your only precious brother like that. For awhile there was silence, both of them could only watched you from afar. There is nothing that they could do for you ...