- Chapter 1 -

The Forgotten Me ...

You didn’t mean for it to happen. No one expected that to happen. Unexpected tragedies that make you live your life in pain, misery and sadness. As such unfortunate event happen, you live your life in forcedness. Forced to be happy, forced to smile when you know that something was missing in your life. Why? Because you can’t remember the things you do, the surroundings, the promises as such people tend to judge you that you are a liar. You tend to be forgetful. As such you were label by your past classmates ‘the girl who tend to break promises’. The last thing on Earth that you wouldn’t like to hear is that.

 

“Min Young, why are you sleeping again?” the person sits beside you wakes you up. You took a glanced at your watch, it was lunch. You stared at him and he tilts his head to the side. Who is he? What is his name? You didn’t really mix with the people in your class because you can’t remember their names and you know it would hurt them. As such, you were seen as the ‘Cold Girl’.

 

Without answering him, you stood up, bow to him and walked out from the room. You went to the rooftop which students rarely went and rest there. You looked up at the sky and frowned. Meanwhile, the boy watched your figure disappeared from his sight. “Hyung, what are you looking at?” he snapped out from his dazed and shook his head at his dongsaeng who walked into his class like a boss.

 

“Nothing. Let’s go and meet the rest at the cafeteria” he slung his hands around his dongsaeng neck. He wondered for the past 3 years, he had been seating right next to you but you rarely talk to him and always squint your eyes, like trying to remember something. When he entered the cafeteria, his friends waved excitedly at him. He chuckled and waved at them. Beside their tables, the Kingkas of the school were staring at their foods silently. It was such a solemn atmosphere.

 

“Well, aren’t you late our baby-faced friend” his leader glared at him. He can only apologise to his leader. Around the table, he looked at his others 11 friends who was gobbling down all the foods like no tomorrow and chuckled. His eyes were searching for you but to no avail. He doesn’t know the reason why he was searching for you. Among all the girls that go crazy because of him and his friends or the Kingkas, you weren’t like that. Sure there are others girls like you but his attention just go to you like a missing puzzle.

 

“Luhan hyung, why aren’t you eating your food? If not, I’m going to eat it!” Kai who was eyeing his foods started to take all his foods. Being the kind Luhan, he smiled and gave his foods to the hungry young boy. The two leaders just shook their heads at them. Suddenly his ears perked up when he heard your name at the table next to him.

 

“Himchannie hyung, where is Min Young noona?” the boy whose skins is super pale asked his hyung while poking his foods. The table sighed again. They never even touched their foods. All they do is stared at it. They knew you going to be at the rooftop but they knew you not going to like it when they are there although your expression didn’t show it.

 

“Min Younggie, let her be, Zelo. Leave her alone to think …” Himchan told his dongsaeng who sighed again. They can’t help but sighed almost every day at the situation. All they can do is just kept a look out for her.

 

---

 

You were at the rooftop and leaned against yourself to the railing and watched some students were playing soccer and running around tiredly. Without you knowing, a smile just broke out from your face. You sighed and looked at your watch. “Is time for me to get my lunch … Maybe some bread or … what’s for lunch today?” you scratched your head.

 

Soon when you arrived at the cafeteria, the Kingkas broke out into happiness. They were smiling from ear to ear. Suddenly the cafeteria went silent. The students were all gossiping about you. They knew you would never ever go to a cafeteria with full of people. Hey, they were talking about the infamous ‘Cold Girl’ who is unsociable.

 

“This is strange. She will never go here with full of people …” they heard Chen statement and stared at him. He rarely talks, this member of theirs. Their attention was pulled away when someone shouted.

 

“Noona! Come and seat here!” Zelo shouted and the room went silence again. You stopped in your tracked and looked for the person. He waved at you excitedly while you just stood there and squint you eyes to look at him better. Who is he? He looked familiar to you but you can’t make out who is he. Without much thinking, you walked away and went to the food section. You picked a wide range of foods. Breads, cakes, waffle and so on. Zelo seems hurt and tears started to form into his eyes. The girls called you and cursed under their breath. You didn’t seem wavered about it. But something in your heart just hurt the most. You paid for the foods at the counter when someone pushed you unhappily.

 

“Ah … my foods” that was all you could say. You looked up at the person and looked away.

 

“Your foods were all you could say?” she shoved you pretty hard that your back hit the edge of the counter. You clenched your teeth hard and didn’t retaliate back. “Do you want me to knock some senses into you?! Did you see, you just hurt Junhong?! What is wrong with you?!” she screamed this time round. You just stood there and let her scold you for all you care. The students all leave their foods and scattered out from their seats.

 

“Stop … Don’t hurt her, Bang Eun Mi” someone stopped her. Luhan and his friends gawked at the scene.

 

‘What the hell did we just see?!’ the whole gang screamed in their head.