Chapter 4

The Boss's Daughter

 

Gayoon's POV

 
I was sleeping peacefully when all of a sudden I was rudely awakened by Jiyoon and Hyuna, who decided to jump on top of me.
 
"What the!?" I shouted.
 
Both girls cracked up at my pissed off state. I looked at my phone on my bedside table. It was only 6 and class didn't start till 8 today. What the hell were they doing up so early and why are they so hyper.
 
"What the hell is wrong with you two?" I asked.
 
"Oh nothing. I went out to get the newspaper this morning and guess who I ran into?" Jiyoon said excited.
 
"Who?" I replied groggily. I was not a morning person. All I wanted to do was curl back under the covers and fall back asleep for another 1/2 hour. 
 
"Mr. Hottie!" Hyuna exclaimed. 
 
"Doojoon?!" I asked. Well that surprised and confused me.
 
"Yea he was getting his newspaper too and guess what? He's our new neighbor." Jiyoon added.
 
"Oh well that's weird. I didn't even know any of the houses were for sale." I replied
 
"Gayoon what the hell? You just found out your future boyfriend is living right next door! You should be more excited!" Hyuna whined.
 
"He is not my future boyfriend. We're friends. I only met him yesterday." I retorted.
 
"Well you guys seem pretty close already. Just admit that you like him or at least admit he's attractive." Jiyoon said.
 
"Fine fine he's attractive." I said. That earned squeals from the girls. "But I barely know him. I'm not going to date someone just because they're good looking." 
 
"God you're such a buzz-kill Gayoon. The only reason I haven't made a move on him is because he so clearly has a thing for you." Hyuna said.
 
"Stopp. He does not."
 
"Just keep telling yourself that Gayhunit" Jiyoon said before Hyuna and her left my room.
I sighed and laid back down on my bed. 
 
Yes, Doojoon was very attractive, but looks aren't everything. He was mysterious. I knew very little about him. One minute he was making me flustered and nervous with his stares and smiles, and the next minute he wouldn't be paying attention to me at all. He seemed to be cold to the other students too. I noticed him staring some people down and when others tried to make conversations with him in class he ignored them. Doojoon seemed to only be friendly towards me and my friends. He was a weird one, that's for sure.
 
I looked at my phone again and saw that it was almost 6:30. I was already fully awake, so I decided to get ready for school.
 
 
 
 
That day me & Doojoon were the first two to get to the cafe. Since nobody was there yet I kicked my feet up on the chair in front of me. I was reading a text from Sohyun when Doojoon spoke.
 
"Damn Gayoon how small are your feet."
 
"Excuse me?" I replied. He was looking at my feet resting on the chair. It wasn't the first time someone pointed out my small feet, but I didn't like talking about it. I was self conscious about them.
 
"Lighten up, I'm not trying to insult you, but how small are they? Are those child sized shoes." He said and laughed.
 
"Oh shut up" I said defensively.
 
Just then Hyuna, Sohyun and Illhoon walked in. They noticed Doojoon cracking up.
 
"What's so funny?" Illhoon asked.
 
"Gayoon's feet." Doojoon said once his laughter died down. 
 
Sohyun laughed and said "Haha they are so tiny. Have you seen her nano ankles. I can wrap my hand around them." 
 
Doojoon then wrapped his big hand around one of my ankles. I tried to pull away, but he was stronger than me.
 
"Wow I didn't know a 20 year old woman could have an ankle that small. Her wrists and ankles are like the same size." He replied, still gawking at my ankles.
 
Sohyun, Illhoon and Doojoon all cracked up. I yanked my ankle away and swatted Doojoon's hand. The last thing I wanted to do was talk about my 'nano ankles'.
 
"Isn't it the age old saying that if a boy teases a girl it's because he likes her" Hyuna said. She was watching Doojoon closely.
 
"Isn't it the age old saying that people should mind their own business." He retorted. 
 
"No need to get defensive." Hyuna replied smirking. Doojoon ignored her comment.
 
"Calm down Gayoon. I think your ankles are cute." Doojoon said. 
 
I was still slightly annoyed. Doojoon then tried, and failed, to do aeygo. I couldn't help but laugh.
 
"Don't ever do that again. You look stupid." I said.
 
"Yea, but it worked. I got you to smile didn't I?" he replied.
 
I didn't reply, he already knew the answer. Although he was laughing at my expense, it was the happiest I've seen him. It was cute to see him all smiley and laughing. Lee Doojoon definitely had multiple sides to him. 
 
Yoseob, Jiyoon, Kikwang and Jilhyun showed up about five minutes later.
 
"Hey guys, Jay Park is having a party tomorrow. He invited me and said to invite the rest of you. Well, he probably meant the ladies, but you guys can come too." Yoseob said.
 
"Awesome. Jay's parties are always crazy." Hyuna exclaimed. "Remember when Jilhyun    let Sohyun and Jiyoon do body shots off of her! Hahaha who would've known quiet Jilhyun had a wild side!" Jilhyun just buried her face in her boyfriend's shoulder, clearly embarrassed. 
 
Jay Park was known for having crazy parties. The cops have shown up on more than one occasion due to the noise level and the fact that everyone parties till 5 in the morning. I hadn't been to any parties lately. I haven't been in the mood to go get drunk and party.
 
"Doojoon you have to go. You need to lose your Jay-Park-Party-ity." Yoseob said.
 
"Uhh...I don't know guys." He said. Doojoon then turned to me. "Are you going?" He asked.
 
"Gayoon you need to go. You need to have some fun." Jiyoon reasoned. 
 
I wanted to say 'no', but the look on Jiyoon's face made me feel guilty.
"Sure guys I'll go." I said. It wouldn't be so bad and I haven't been out in awhile.
 
"I guess I'll go too". Doojoon added.
 
Hyuna lightly nudged my shoulder. I knew what she meant. If we were alone she would say that Doojoon is only going because I'm going. Maybe she was right. Although it's probably because he doesn't know that many people and I was the closest to Doojoon right now.
 
"Yay! We all haven't been out together in awhile." Hyuna said.
 
"That's probably because the couples are always going off on their own." Yoseob teased.
 
"Sorry I'd rather spend a night all alone with Jilhyun rather than with all of you." Kikwang replied.
 
Jilhyun just looked at him embarrassed at what he was implying. I laughed at Jilhyun's cheeks starting to get pink.
 

Doojoon's POV

(Next day: friday)
 
I was getting ready for this Jay guy's party. I changed into a graphic tee, my black leather jacket and jeans and then styled my hair. 
 
I agreed to go the party only after Gayoon confirmed she was going. I have to go wherever Gayoon goes. I wouldn't be drinking tonight though. I was working and I wanted a clear mind, just in case. 
 
"Riiiiinggggggg!!" 
 
My phone was going off. I looked at the caller ID, it was my Boss.
 
I picked up and he immediately asked me if there were any leads.
 
"I wish, but no. Nothing has happened. I talked to the night guards and they said there hasn't been any suspicious activity." I replied.
 
"Damnit. What are those motherers planning." The Boss said.
 
"I have no clue. Maybe they're looking to strike when she's alone or something. That or they already have a plan in place, we just don't know it." 
 
"I have no doubt they've had a plan in place for quite sometime. They murdered her mother over 6 months ago, but sent me that tape about a week ago. It doesn't make sense. Why send it 1/2 a year later? They'll drag this out because they can. They have the power in this situation." The Boss said angrily. 
 
"I could be undercover awhile before they finally make a move." 
 
"I know. I've put the word out to the rest of our men to take hostage any Yakuza they find on the streets. I'll beat every stinkin' one of them to death to get answers. Nobody else knows about Gayoon, but my word is law for them, so they'll do what I say.
 
Just then my doorbell rang.
 
"Crap Boss I got to go. Lee Doojoon has visitors. I'll talk to you tomorrow" I said quickly before hanging up.
 
I checked myself in the mirror before answering the door. It was Gayoon, Hyuna and Jiyoon. 
 
I was texting Gayoon earlier and we agreed to all go to the party together since we're neighbors. 
 
"Hey!" All three said. 
 
When I looked at Gayoon.....well words could not describe how hot she looked. (Imagine her having the look in Volume Up with the beige & white outfit w/o the skirt. It's at 3:31 in the MV)
 
"Yah anybody in there?!" Gayoon questioned while getting in my face.
 
I was at a loss for words. I was definitely having thoughts I shouldn't have about my boss's daughter. Crap Doojoon get it together.
 
"Yahh take a couple steps back! Breathing space Gayoon." I replied. 
 
"Well we're going to be late if you keep standing there." Gayoon retorted.
 
"Geez you two are like an old married couple" Jiyoon said.
 
"Yeah. Yeah. Let's go." I grabbed my cars keys and lead the girls to the garage. I tried not to look at Gayoon, but it was hard. Christ! What the hell is wrong with me. The Boss would rip my off if he saw how I'm looking at his daughter.
 
Well this party would definitely be interesting. 
 
 
 

hmm seems Doojoon is having a hard time admitting he's attracted to Gayoon. The party will be added into the next chapter. This fic has been mostly fluff so far, but that's because I wanted to build Gayoon & Doojoon's friendship/relationship. Probably around chapter 6 the story will start to pick up. I've thought of how most of the story will be written, but I just need to get there first. 

 

On another note, 4minute's M/V came out about an hour ago. I thought the song was better than WYN, but personally I'm not really feeling their comeback. I'm not really into the new music&fashion style they've been showing, but I understand artists need to experiment and try new things. I still support the girls! Also, I love Gayoon and she's my bias, but she looks scary skinny lately. I wish she would gain some weight. She's still gorgeous, but I think she's lost too much weight. She looks better with some curves. In this story I like to think of her as looking like her Volume Up days.