Chapter 2

The Boss's Daughter

 

Doojoon's POV

 
The next morning I woke up and made my way to the shower. After I was clean I opened my closet and looked for something to wear. What to college kids wear nowadays? I dug through my closet looking for something appropriate. I've never tried this hard when picking out clothes.
 
it who cares. I put on black jeans, a white shirt and a black jacket over it. I grabbed my gun and slipped it into the inside pocket of my jacket. When you're in the mob, you don't leave the house unarmed.
 
"Bro, where are you going, it's ing early" Junhyung asked. He was leaning on the door frame of my room.
 
Junhyung, Hyunseung, Dongwoon and I all live together. We lived in a large apartment in Seoul. It had 3 floors and we each had our own room.
 
"I have to meet the boss at 6 and then I have a mission." I replied.
 
"Alone? What are you doing? Smuggling drugs? Stealing?" He questioned.
 
"Sorry I can't say. Boss's orders. Just know that I probably won't be around that often. The mission will take up all of my time until it's complete." I said.
 
"And when will it be complete?"
 
"I don't know"
 
It was a good question. How long would I be watching his daughter?
 
 "Well good luck. Try not to get your head blown off." Junhyung replied. That was his way of saying 'I'll miss you'. 
 
"Thanks man, you too. Tell the guys for me."
 
I grabbed a pop tart that was on the kitchen counter and left the apartment. Just because I'm a mobster it doesn't mean I don't like sugary breakfasts.
 
When I got to the Boss's estate he was waiting in the foyer. 
 
"Right on time as always. Sit down. I want to go over a few things."
 
"Yeah I have a few questions about this protection thing."
 
"Okay what is it?" He asked.
 
"Well how long will I be doing this?" I asked.
 
"You are not just protecting, you will be looking out for the Yakuza. I wouldn't put it past them to send spies to watch her. When you are watching her, look around you. See if anybody looks out of place, if a student at school is watching her too closely. Maybe someone on the street is following too close. Once we've eliminated the Yakuza you can return to your everyday life." The Boss replied.
 
"Got it." I said
 
"Now I arranged for you to live closer to her. I set up the house next to her's for you to live in." He said. 
 
The Boss then put a photo and key in front of me. The house was huge. Not as big as the Boss's estate, but still large.
 
"How the hell did you manage getting the house next door?" I questioned.
 
"Let's just say I made an offer the previous owner couldn't refuse." He replied. "Here is a floor plan of Gayoon's home. Just in case you ever need it. Now I also changed your name to Lee Doojoon at Seoul University."
 
I nodded. 
 
"Security cameras have been installed in Gayoon's home long ago. I set up the monitors in your new home, so you could watch over her."
 
"Okay. Just one more question. Do I ever get to sleep?" I asked
 
The Boss laughed. "Of course. At night there will be three guards outside her house watching as well."
 
"Okay think I got it all." I replied.
 
"Good. Now you should head over to the school. You'll be late for class." The Boss teased.
 
"Yes sir. I will keep you posted about what I find." I said.
 
I walked out and got in my car, as I was about to leave the Boss stopped me once again. I rolled down my window so I could hear him.
 
"What is it sir?" I asked,
 
"I just wanted to say...be careful. I care about you as well." He said.
 
"Thanks Boss. I'll do my best." I replied. I smiled, he waved, and then I left for school.
 

Gayoon's POV

 
" !"
 
I ran up two flights of stairs, carrying my books and bag.
 
When I made it to the top I was panting. I woke up super late today and only had 20 minutes to get ready. I woke up and threw on the first outfit I saw, which was leggings a baggy sweater and flats. I didn't even have time to put on make-up and threw my hair in a messy bun.  
 
I was turning the corner when- BAM!
 
"Ow!" I exclaimed.
 
I had bumped head first into some guy's chest. I landed on the ground and my books scattered everywhere. Now I was definitely late for class.
 
"Crap sorry! I didn't look where I was going." The guy said. He crouched down on the floor.
 
"Is your head okay?" He asked.
 
Before I could answer he tilted my chin towards him. Wow. He was handsome. 
 
His fingers lightly pressed the spot where I hit my head.
 
"I think you'll be okay. Sorry if I give you a bruise." He said. Then he smiled.
 
My heartbeat quickened. he was so good looking and when he smiled...just wow. Crap I still haven't answered him!
 
"Oh! Um it's fine. I was running through the halls, so I guess it was my fault. Thanks for uh apologizing though" I replied. Crap I was so nervous. 
 
"Let me help you up." He said.
 
He extended his hand for me and I took it. He pulled me up and then bent down and grabbed my books.
 
"Here." He then passed me my books.
 
"T-Thanks." I stuttered. "Well I'm really late so I have to go. Sorry!" 
 
I didn't want to leave him, but I was super late now. Mr. Kang would kill me when I walked in.
 
I tried to slip in to class unnoticed, while Mr. Kang was writing at the board, but then I heard him call out my name. 
 
"Ms. Heo thank you for joining us. However, I would appreciate it if you would show up on time to class." Mr Kang said sarcastically.
 
Damn, how the hell did he know it was me. His back was still turned! 
 
"Oh, uh sorry Mr. Kang. I was uhh..." I trailed off trying to think of an appropriate excuse that would save me from being further scolded. 
 
"I was the one that stopped her in the hallway and made her late. No need to scold her." A voice said from the entranceway.
 
I turned to the voice and saw that it was the guy I bumped into in the hallway.
 
"And you are?" Mr. Kang said annoyed.
 
"Doojoon. I asked her to show me to my next class." The man named Doojoon said cooly. He was staring down Mr. Kang. Doojoon seemed annoyed.
 
"Right. You must be the new student." Kang said. He picked up his class roster and said, "Everyone this is Lee Doojoon. He just transferred here." 
 
Doojoon wasn't even paying attention to Kang. It looked like he was observing the other students. Weird, I thought.
 
"Mr. Lee, Ms. Heo please take a seat. We've already wasted too much class time." Kang spoke.
 
Without responding to Mr. Kang, Doojoon sat down behind my friend Hyuna.
 
I quietly took my usual seat next to Hyuna.
 
Hyuna just looked at me and smirked.
 
"What?" I whispered.
 
"What were you and Mr. Hottie doing in the hallway?" She teased.
 
"Shhhh! He's right behind you. Nothing anyway. I bumped into him in the hallway and landed on the floor like an idiot." I hissed.
 
"Rightt" she replied. She gave me a knowing look.
 
"I'm serious. I knew I was going to be late so I was running through the hall, then I knocked into him." I reasoned.
 
"I'm just teasing you. Calm down Gayoonie. Anyway, I think you should go for it. I saw him looking at you when you came in." Hyuna said.
 
"You're ridiculous." I replied.
 
I tried to pay attention to what Mr. Kang was saying, but his monotone voice made me want to go back to sleep.
 
After massive amounts of daydreaming and doodling in my binder the class finally ended.
 
"Ugh I have creative writing next. Remind me why I even took that class again?" Hyuna said.
 
I laughed. "Because you thought it'd be easy. Good luck having your last assignment ripped apart." I replied.
 
The creative writing class was taught by a witch of a woman. She hated practically every assignment turned in. 
 
I was about to walk out with Hyuna, but then I heard, "Excuse me."
 
It was Doojoon.
 
"Yes?" I asked.
 
"Sorry, but I was wondering if you knew which class Statistics is in." He said.
 
"It's in room 208. I'm headed that way right now. We can walk together." I replied. 
 
I blushed after I heard what I said. Maybe he doesn't want to walk with you. He just asked where the class is.
 
"Perfect" he replied. 
 
"I'll see you later Gayoon." Hyuna said. She gave me a subtle wink before walking out.
 
Ugh. I'm sure Hyuna will tell me all about how I should make a move on him when I see her for lunch. 
 
"So your name is Gayoon?" He asked as we walked together down the hall.
 
"Yeah. Oops I guess I never introduced myself. I'm Heo Gayoon." I said. 
 
People were staring at us as we walked. Damnit I wish I didn't wake up late! I'm standing next to this hot god-like guy and I look like I just rolled out of bed...well I did. He probably thinks I'm a slob and always look like this. 
 
"Ha ha. I'm Lee Doojoon. Nice to meet you." He replied. He stopped and stuck out his hand. I laughed and shook it. I hope he didn't notice how my hand was shaking. 
 
"Very nice to meet you too Doojoon."
 
 
 

yay chapter 2 is done. Next chapter we'll find out more about Gayoon's life.