Chapter 10

The Boss's Daughter

 

Gayoon's POV

 
"What am I suppose to tell the girls?" I asked Doojoon. We were at Seoul University and Doojoon had told me what the plan was in the car for the next few days. How was I suppose to tell Hyuna and Jiyoon that I wouldn't be staying in my home?
 
"I don't know. Tell them your staying with a cousin that you haven't seen in a long time." He replied.
 
"I don't have any cou-"
 
"GAYOON!" 
 
Great. I looked back to see Hyuna and Jiyoon headed straight for me. They both grabbed my arms and dragged me down the hall. Jiyoon told Doojoon that'd I'd meet him in class.
 
"Heo Gayoon where were you last night?" Hyuna asked.
 
My mind was blank. I was too preoccupied coming up with an excuse for the next couple of days that I forgot that I didn't come home last night.
 
"We called you like 12 times! I thought you might have been hurt!" Jiyoon exclaimed.
 
"Sorry my phone..died." I replied. Doojoon threw my phone out the window, so I'd have to get a new one.
 
"Yea because your charger is at home! Which you weren't at last night. Don't avoid my question." Hyuna retorted. 
 
"I was uh....at...." 
 
"Calm down, she was with me last night." Doojoon had walked over to me and grabbed my hand. Oh my god. He is so not helping!
 
"Wait what!" Jiyoon exclaimed. formed a perfect 'O' of shock. 
 
"Oh my god Gayoooon. Why didn't you tell us! Are you guys like together now?" Hyuna cried. Seriously, telling the girls I was dating Doojoon was worse then telling them I was chillin' with the mob last night.
 
"Yeah, now if you'll excuse us we're heading to class." Doojoon replied. He was still holding my hand. 
 
Once we were out of ear-shot and vision from the girls I hit Doojoon's arm. "What the hell was that!" I hissed.
 
"I overheard your girl talk and thought you could use some help." He said casually and shrugged. 
 
"You weren't helping! Now they're going to want me to explain why I spent the night with you!" I replied.
 
People kept staring at us as we headed to class. I don't know if it was due to our intertwined fingers or the fact that I was having a freak out in the middle of the hallway. I tried to tug my hand out of Doojoon's, but he only tightened his hold. He smirked at me. Damn him, he was enjoying this.
 
"Are you just mad because I didn't ask you out properly?" He teased.
 
"No!" I half-shouted. "We're not dating." I said matter-of-factly. Did I want to date Doojoon? Of course I did, but that didn't change the fact that he was in the Mafia. On the car ride over I concluded that I wouldn't make a decision about Doojoon and I until this was all over and we were safe. 
 
When we got into class Doojoon sat right next to me, unlike his usual seat behind Hyuna. Hyuna hasn't come into class yet, so I used that time to think of an excuse as to why I 'slept at Doojoon's'. She would want details as soon as she saw me. Thank god I opted to wear my clothes from last night instead of Doojoon's. He had offered to lend me clothes this morning.
 
When Hyuna did get to class she didn't say anything. She just smiled and took a seat behind me. About 20 minutes into class she flicked a piece of paper to me, asking about last night. 
 
I wrote that I came over to watch movies with Doojoon, we kissed, and I ended up falling asleep on his couch. The story was almost true. I kept it as close to the truth as possible. I then passed the note back to her. Judging by the squeal I heard behind me, she was satisfied with my answer.
 
During lunch hour Doojoon and I excused ourselves from the group. Where they were going was too public and we were ordered to lay low, so we made up an excuse about wanting to spend alone time together. I eventually went along with Doojoon's relationship cover-story. It was a perfect concealer for last night. 
 
We ended up sitting in an empty classroom eating whatever we could find in the vending machine.
 
After our classes were finished we headed back to my house. We were using Junhyung's car, so we wouldn't be spotted so easily. Doojoon told me to pick up a few things before returning to his place.
 

Doojoon's POV

 
"You owe me a new phone." Gayoon said on the car ride over.
 
I laughed. Of course she was worried about her phone. "I promise I'll buy you a new one."
 
"You better." She replied. I looked over at her, and noticed she was staring out the window.
 
I kept up the playful banter to distract me from my own thoughts. I promised myself that I'd push all my fears, worries, and concerns down deep. I didn't want to think about the negative. 
 
I knew Gayoon and I weren't actually dating, but it was fun pretending. I liked pretending we were a regular couple, because in reality we were far from it. If Gayoon and I were to seriously start dating we would have to face all the obstacles that lie in our way. I didn't have the time to focus on that right now. I had to mentally prepare for a massive fight with the Yakuza. Being in a fake relationship would have to do for the time being. That is until this is all over, then I'll be out of time and have to face all these fears that keep piling up. 
 
We then arrived at Gayoon's. Hyuna and Jiyoon weren't home yet.
 
"Looks like I'll have to tell Jiyoon and Hyuna about where I'm going over the phone or tomorrow. I don't think your place next door is a logical excuse. They might show up." Gayoon said. 
 
"Want some help with an idea?" I asked. 
 
"Don't you dare! You've helped enough today. I'm better off asking the guys for advice." Gayoon said before going upstairs. I laughed. It was too easy to rile her up.
 
I walked around he living room looking at the different photos. There were a lot of photos of Gayoon with her friends, but there was also a lot with her mom. I smiled at a photo of little Gayoon in pigtails holding a big ice cream cone. She had some ice cream on her face. Then I picked up a photo of her and her mom at the park. She looked so much like her mother. She had her smile.
 
"Doojoon, can you help me with my suitcase!" I heard Gayoon shout from upstairs.
 
I put the photo down and walked upstairs. When I got to her door I stiffened.
 
"Take one more step and I blow her brains out."
 
What the hell? I couldn't even wrap my head around the sight in front of me. Gayoon had a gun pointed towards the side of her head, she looked frightened and she was shaking, but the owner of the threatening voice is what surprised me the most. 
 
"H-H-Hyuna?" I stammered.
 
"Umphh!" I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck and then everything went black.
 
......
......
......
......
......
......
 
When I regained consciousness, my vision was cloudy and there was a throbbing pain going down my head and neck. It was a hard to focus and it took me a minute to remember what happened. 
 
"Gayoon!" I shouted, when I regained my thoughts. I sprung up from my position on the floor, ignored the dizzy feeling, and looked around the room. There was no trace of Hyuna or Gayoon. I patted down my shirt and jeans and realized that she took my gun and my cell phone. However, there was a disposable phone on the floor, and next to it was a piece of paper with a number written down.
 
I quickly called the number. It only took one ring for them to pick up.
 
"Hello Doojoon." There was no mistaking Hyuna's voice. 
 
"Where is Gayoon. Where the is she?" I said. 
 
"She's safe with us...for now that is." She replied. She said it so casually and I wish I could stick my hand through the phone and wring her neck. I didn't know the 's motive, but she was clearly behind this. Maybe Jiyoon too. She was probably the one that knocked me unconscious. 
 
"Don't you dare ing touch her. Where the are you and what the do you want." I said through clenched teeth. 
 
"Ooh I think your in no position to be making threats. As to where we are...that will remain a secret for now, but if you do as I say, I'll tell you." 
 
"Go on."
 
"You see Doojoon, I would've killed you right in Gayoon's bedroom, but I need you. Your going to go back to your Boss's estate and tell him what happened. Then you and your Boss will show up to our location alone. I'll slit the 's throat right in front of you if you  bring anyone else. In about two hours, I will call you and tell you where our location is using the phone I gave you. My Boss and your Boss will then have a little chat. Sorry, but I won't be telling you the reason. Now run along and finish my little errand." Hyuna said before the line went dead.
 
"UGHHHHMOTHERINGUGHHH" I yelled. I was so heated in that moment. I ended up breaking Gayoon's lamp. I knew I had no choice, but to go and see my Boss. I hated feeling like a pawn in their little game. To make matters worse, the threat was right in front of me the whole time. Right under my ing nose. 
 
I was gripping the steering wheel so hard I thought I might break it. I was going waaaay over the speed limit and weaving through cars. I made it to my Boss's place in record breaking time.
 
I parked the car haphazardly and stormed into the place.
 
 
 
 
 
 

We're headed into the final part of the story. Doojoon is pisssseddd. Sorry for making Hyuna and Jiyoon the bad guys, but I've had it planned for awhile. Even though Hyuna is so cute and sweet off stage, I find she makes a nice villian. Stay tuned for my next update!