Sha La La La~Youhee & Onew Pt 3

Love Like a Beautiful Melody~Oneshots`-HIATUS

 

 

After ending her shift at Kyochon, Youhee drove over to Onew's dorm where they had a good time eating chicken, and chatting.

 

She glanced around the apartment, amused at the neatness of it. "You live with four other guys here?" She commented.

 

Onew nodded. "Yeah. There's me, the next oldest is Jonghyun, then Key, Minho, and Taemin." He explained 

 

Youhee smiled back interest. After eating dinner, Onew presented a shaved ice dessert with condensed milk, mangos and red beans much to her astonishment.

 

"Wow. Did you whip this up earlier?" She asked, taking a spoonful into her bowl.

 

Onew smiled, nodding proudly. "Key taught me a few weeks ago since the weather's getting warmer. He's the cook of our group mostly.' He added.

 

Youhee smiled back, beaming in approval after trying the delicious dessert.

 

After reaching a bit of a sugar high and then falling into a food coma, the two started having a more personal conversation.

 

"Misconceptions about you?" Onew asked, almost sleepily as they sat in the living room couch, just sitting in pretzel seats, facing each other.

 

"That tal people don't have insecurities." Youhee said with a wave of her hand, taking another swig of the soju/iced tea mix Onew had quickly shaken up.

 

She had a good tolerance to alcohol so she wasn't too worried.

 

"Greatest fear?" she asked, settling a couch cushion into her lap.

 

"That people will only think of me a soft faced guy and never take me seriously." Onew said with great seriousness.

 

Youhee was surprised, but nodded in understanding.

 

Her phone dinged and she realized the time.

 

"Omo I have early work tomorrow. But this was fun." She said sincerely.

 

Onew nodded back, smiling.

 

"I'll walk you out." He said, and escorted her out the dorm, just as the other members came up the stairs, with raised brows.

 

 

~

 

When Youhee got back to her apartment, she was surprised to see Isa seated at the front doorstep.

 

"Isa. Are you okay?" She asked gently. Isa looked up at her friend and got up, hugging her without a word.

 

Youhee opened her apartment, and let her inside, asking nothing else. She grabbed an extra blanket, a pillow, and set up her karaoke machine for Isa.

 

She decided to sing one song with her, which was Adele's "Rolling In The Deep"as they sang as loud as they could, but without disturbing the other tenants.

 

"I know you have work tomorrow, i'll be quiet." Isa told her.

 

Youhee looked unsure but nodded, hugging her friend before walking to her room to change and getsome sleep.

 

As she lay sideways on her pillow, she faintly heard Isa's singing.

 

And she knew it was Joo's "Because of a Man"

 

She really wondered what exactly had happened between Eli and Isa that had caused such a bitter breakup. 

 

Maybe she could ask her tomorrow when she was a little bit less sad.It was always good to sing pain away.

 

~

 

After some coaxing, Youhee brought Isa to Kyochon with her, and her manager allowed Isa to stay in the restaurant before opening hour.

 

She sat there almost blankly, as Youhee and Eunbyul started getting ready, arranging silverware, wiping down the tables, and making sure they had extra condiments, plastic bag, and carry out cases for orders, as well as a new order sheet, and re-stocked the ice bin.

 

An hour later, the doorbell dinged.

 

"Hi welcome to.." Youhee started to say when her eyes widened.

 

Isa looked up from staring at the table in front of her, and her eyes widened as well.

 

Eli had walked in with Onew, who had recommended the place, and was surprised to see Isa as well.

 

~

 

Without a word Isa quickly retreated to the customer bathroom, and locked herself in.

 

Youhee looked really uneasy, as did Eli, while Onew looked completely baffled.

 

"Would you just excuse me for just a minute?" She said, and hurried off to try and coax Isa out of the bathroom.

 

Eunbyul smiled uncomfortably as she took Onew's order, while Eli stood there, a stricken look on his face.

 

~

 

Youhee knocked on the bathroom door.

 

"Isa. Dongseng? You can't hide in the bathroom forever." She told her pointedly.

 

"Not forever. Just until they leave." Isa said.

 

"And what if they, or particularly Eli decides to stay the whole time the restaurant's open?" She pointed out.

 

Isa stood behind the door, breathing in and out.

 

"Well then...is there a back exit somewhere here that doesn't pass the front counter?" She asked Youhee.

 

Youhee sighed. "Isabel. Seriously. I think the both of you should at least talk. Or act civil and not have these childish antics."Youhee told her firmly.

 

Now Isa sighed at this. "Childish? He should've known what he was getting into before. I'll come out in a bit."Isa said.

 

Sighing Youhee went back to the front counter.

 

After smiling and greeting Onew, she looked at Eli half suspiciously. He felt a bit cornered.

 

"Look, Youhee noona...what happened between Isa and I...I'm really sorry. Maybe it is best if I leave. I gotta go hyung but thanks for bringing me out." He told Onew who was in the middle of eating a drumstick, but nodded slowly, almost solemnly.

 

But what happened?!

 

Youhee was feeling exasperated as Eli slowly walked out of the restaurant.

 

At the same time, Isa had come out of the restroom, and saw Eli leaving, but his back was turned to her.

 

Youhee, signaled with her eyes to go and talk to him.

 

But Isa froze, glancing between Youhee and Eli's retreating figure.

 

~