Falling For Chicken Tofu

Love Like a Beautiful Melody~Oneshots`-HIATUS

"Unni? Youhee unni?" Isa hesitantly called through the doorway of Youhee's apartment. Hearing no answer, she slowly pushed the door open to see her friend lying on the living room couch, staring up at the ceiling.

 

Walking over to her, Youhee didn't blink, and this alarmed Isa. She started shaking Youhee by the shoulders, who suddenly blinked and sat up right quickly.

"Omo you scared me Isa!" She said, catching her breath. Isa breathed a sigh of relief. "Sorry unni I kinda thought you were dead since you weren't blinking." She explained.

 

Youhee nodded in understanding. "Oh. Sorry I just can't stop thinking about um...well, this guy that came to my work the other day." She said, a bit embarassed.

 

Isa's eyes widened, all ears as she sat down on the couch beside her.

 

"Ooh a guy? What does he look like? Did he ask for your number? What's his name?" She asked all at once, as Youhee gave her a -____- look.

 

Isa smiled sheepishly and let her friend talk. "Um average height, cute, a soft, fair face, kinda like tofu, and i only know his last name is Lee and no he didn't ask for my number, but he bought alot of chicken, and danced with me and Eunbyul." She explained, smiling.

 

Isa raised an eyebrow at the "danced with her and Eunbyul part." "Uh dancing? what?" She asked, needing some clarification. Youhee got up from the couch, and led her to the kitchenfor iced tea, while they sat at the table.

 


"Eunbyul and I were promoting the opening of Kyochon, so we decided to dance "Gentleman" and so that guy just comes up and joins us, hugs me and Eunbyul, and then goes inside the shop to buy a bunch of chicken." She explained.

 

Isa's expression was blank for a moment. "Um, unni, maybe he's a bit crazy?' She gently suggested. Youhee shook her head. "Nah. I think he's just really living life you know? I like that." She said, beaming.

 

Isa blinked a few times and then hugged Youhee. "Okay, well then I say go for it. Make conversation next time he comes back." She suggested.

 

Youhee nodded. "Thanks. By the way, how's Eli been lately?" She asked carefully. Isa frowned."Well, he's changed alot ever since he started that side group of UBeat with AJ and I guess with Kevin. Like, he's been really caught up with all the fans lately, and yeah we hadn't gone out in months so we kinda decided to end it, but.. no hard feelings." She said quickly, and Youhee looked at her carefully, noticing Isa's eyes were watering a bit.

 

"I'm sorry." She said, feeling bad as she comforted her friend. "I'm perfeclty fine. I..I'm gonna go...cook tofu soup for my family. Thanks unni and good luck with that guy!" Isa said quickly, and hurried out of the apartment.

 

Youhee frowned at this. Isa was being unusual vague about what happened. She'd been with Eli for what was it, 2 years? Sighing, she made a mental note to send her a broken-heart care package, and then got up to get ready for work.

 

~

 

Smiling, Youhee was transferred to work the cash register for the day's shift, and she was glad to be indoors. Eunbyul was out sick for irritable bowel syndrome, probably from all the banana milk.

 

The bell dinged and she smiled. "Hello~ Welcome to--" She started to say, and noticed it was that mystery chicken lover guy. He beamed back.

 

And looked up at the chicken menu tacked up on the wall behind her, his eyes glazing over with joy.

 

She stifled a chuckle at seeing how much someone loved chicken.

 

After a few seconds he was ready for his order. He strode up to the cashier purposefully, and she couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

 

"I'm sorry." She said, trying to compose herself. He seemed unfazed.

 

"Can I get the #9 combo, with a side of waffle fries, and the 8 piece bucket of drumsticks?" He asked. Youhee nodded and jotted this down.

 

"For here or to go?" She asked. 

"To go" He said, and she nodded. 

 

"That'll be $16.95." She said, and he handed her a twenty dollar bill as she carefully counted out his change, handing it back to him.

 

"It'll be ready in a few minutes." She told him. He nodded slowly and sat down at a table nearby the register to wait, watching a soccer game that was on the tv.

 

She stuck the order on the clothing line, and slid it down to the kitchen's side, so the cook could see the order. 

 

"#9, waffles and drumsticks 8 piece! " She called to the kitchen, and then re-arranged the cash register money, while she waited.

 

Looking up, she noticed the guy looking at her, and she gave a small smile, going back to rearranging the money.

 

"I'm Jinki. But most people call me Onew." He said to her, and she looked up.

 

"Youhee." She said with a smile. 

 

 

The restaurant was empty, and she could hear the ice machine whirring.

 

A few minutes later his order was ready. Youhee washed her hands, and got the plastic bag, to wrap up the to-go containers, and handed it to him.

 

"Thank you! Come again." She said brightly, and he smiled back nodding.

 

He started to walk out the door when he turned back.

 

"Um, what time do you get off if you don't mind me asking?" He asked.

 

Youhee's eyes widened. "Um about an hour?" She said.

 

"Would you like to join me for an early dinner?" He asked, gesturing at all the bags.

 

She laughed nodding.

 


He wrote down his number, and then said he'd keep the food warm at his dorm.

 

Nodding she waved goodbye, and he left the restaurant

 

~