Rapid Change!

That Person In Shinsadong

I look around and I totally shock when I see Jong Hoon stands bravely with gun in his right palm. “Who is he?”  That question keeps playing in my empty mind. He shoots all the gangsters around him. They are forced to lie on the floor, unconscious. “Snipers!” I mouth. At the same time, the unknown boss turn back at me and drags me near to him. He puts his gun on the right side of my head while his left hand is hugged my neck tightly. I am extremely scared but what can I do if this is my fate. I can’t change my fate and destiny.

“Put your weapon aside or I’ll shoot you,” he asks him to do so but he refuses and says, “Shoot me if you dare and you’ll watch this girl die first.” “You can shoot me if you want but don’t do it to her. She is very young,” Jong Hoon says. “It’s okay if you want to kill me but please don’t do anything to Jong Hoon,” I try to speak in the hard time. “Do you both think we are in a romance drama? You still think about each other rather than yourself. This is the best love story forever,” He laughs as loud as he want and push my neck to him even harder than before.

It is hard for me to breathe well and Jong Hoon just looks at me with sad face. “Now choose one of you to be my victim?” he asks. “Me!” We say the same at the same time. “Let me!” I say. “But…” Jong Hoon winks to me like gives me a signal. I sure he has something to do. I’ll make an excuse first. “Before you shoot me on my head, can I ask you a question?” I say to the gangster. “Ok! What? Please be hurry!” he says without patience. “What is your name?” I start to ask. “Stupid question,” he shakes his head. “Please answer me. I know it sounds crazy and idiot right.” “My name is Du Jun. Yoon Du Jun. Enough right? I can kill you now,” he laughs again.

My death is calling for me. Please send the best angel to me, please give me the solution of this problem. I come from nowhere and why this situation be my destiny. I look at Jong Hoon with teary eyes and I just remember is this the punishment of being selfish before? But why it is so hard?

I close my eyes and pray that I will get new life after this and suddenly a ‘BANG’ sound occurs. I think I’m already died but I feel some liquids absorb through my shirts on my shoulder. I caress my shoulder and there is blood. Du Jun hugs me and then, Jong Hoon rapidly pulls me into his arm and hugs me, “Are you okay my dear?” I am frozen since he says the ‘dear’ words. I even don’t know him. “I’m alright but who are you?’ I venture to ask.

“Let me say to you the truth. Actually, I’m the one of snipers trainee of the police department. I’ll not hurt you at all. I was sent by the upper police officer to catch this gangster. This gang is very aggressive, they had killed many people in this town. Their name is BEAST.”

“But the other gang that we found before Beast is gangster too. Who are them?”

“No, they just act like gangsters but all of them are my friends. They did the investigation first and they are not snipers like me. Arasso?”

“Neh! But can you let me from your hug?”

“Ok.. I forgot about it,” he lets me from his hug.

“Let’s follow me,” he pulls my hand. “Where?” I ask. “I’ll tell you later!” He smiles. While we are walking together, a question pop up from my mind, “Why I can be here?” “You are asking me?” he asks me back. “Yes!” I nod. “You ask yourself because I don’t know about it.” “Maybe you were sent by angel,” he continues. I just smile slightly. “Where are we?” I ask one more question. “We are in Shi…” his word is cut when he sees the chief of the police department.

“Good job Mr. Choi Jong Hoon! You’re officially a sniper now,” says the chief proudly. “Thank you so much sir!” he bows to show his respect. He left us and we are continuing to walk until the out path. “Thank you to you too!” he suddenly says. “Ha? I mean why?” I ask in weirdness. “First, it is because you ask them to drag me there with you. Second, it is because you understand me and the last is because you were cooperated with me,” he explains plainly.

“No problem!” I say, happy.

“You’re smart girl!” He praises.

“Yes, I already know it since before,” I chuckle.

“Hah! Still the same as before,” he sighs.

“I’m joking. Why are you so serious?” I ask.

“Remember, I’m a sniper. I can kill you know if you want. So, don’t ask me that such of questions again,” he says.

“Okay!” I nod and pout.

I still don’t know where I am even we are already out from the refinery. My shirt was full of blood and I have to clean myself now. “Jong Hoon, where are we going now? I think we have to clean ourselves from this blood,” I venture to ask him. “Just shut up and let’s go!” he holds my hand and takes me with him.

We are in front of a small house. Although it is small, it has nice scenery. The scenery is far away from the hectic life, the traffic jam and the polluted world. “Whose house is this?” I ask. “Mine. Go in and get clean your body there,” he shows me a room. “Okay! Don’t leave me here alone, I’m scared,” I say. “Ha ha ha, just use your ‘Juwondo’,” he laughs. He continues, “I’ll be in that room,” he shows another room. I just nod and simply go in. I take the towel from the hanger next to the wardrobe and as I want walk into the bathroom, I just remember something, what I have to wear after I take a bath? “Jong Hoon!” I scream.

“Hey, what happen? I’m coming,” He runs to my room. “What I have to wear after this? I don’t have any shirts,” I continue. “Take my cousins dress in that wardrobe!” he leaves me. I go straight and clean myself. After freshen myself, I open the wardrobe door to pick up the shirts that I have to wear. I open it slowly then I gulp my own saliva, “Only gown?” I am not usually wear gown because I am just a young school teenager and I don’t have any reason to wear it. “Huh!” I give out a long sigh. ‘”I have no choice,” I shake my head and continue, “I have to…” I choose the long dress one and wear it.

I comb my wet hair and walk out of the room with the long gown. Jong Hoon who is standing in front of me becomes frozen by a few seconds. “Hey! Why are you looking at me like that?” I say while waving my hand in fronts of his face. “Nothing, just different from just now,” he shakes his head. “Mmm… Jong Hoon, I want go back to my home. Can I go now?” I ask for his permission. “Wait a minute! Actually there is a reason why I want to meet you. Stay here for a while with me,” he suddenly says. “Okay. You can talk to me now,” I smile widely.

“But can we eat first? I’m really hungry Sun Hi. Don’t you?” He asks me. “Actually I am craving for food from just now but I don’t want troubling you for once more,” I chin down shyly. “It’s okay. I’ve ordered instant food and let’s get our food,” he takes my hand and runs. “Hey, my skirts! I’ll fell down you know” I yell at him.  “Let it be!” he winks. “Crazy sniper!” I say in my heart.

We are already in the small dining room, in front of the foods and the aroma attract me to come near them. “Seat here!” he pulls the chairs for me. “Oh, kamsahamnida!” I feel weird. We eat until we full and we wash the dishes together. We walk to the lounge back and simply seat on the fluffy couch. “Choi Jong Hoon, how long you have stayed here?” I ask him out of the blue. “About a month,” he answers. “This is my turn to ask you. How old are you?” He questions. “Near 17 years old. You?” I ask him back. “I’m just 23. How your schooling day?” “Just okay!” I say in slow tune. “Eh, why?” he asks. “Because of my own fault,” I say. “You mean your selfishness?” he guesses. I just nod. “Forget about it!” I say without mood.

“You can say what you want to say to me just now because I have to go home after this,” I look at him. He comes near and nearer to me, his face is about four or five inches from mine. I don’t know what to do and just wait him to talk. At last he opens his mouth, “Actually I… I… I… mmm… actually I…,” he takes his breathe.

“Sun Hi, actually I… I… I….” He stutters for unknown reason and what the actual thing that he wants to say to me? Look like very important thing.

“Come on! Just say what you want to say,” I look at him deeply.

“Actually I… I…,” he stutters again.

“I hate you Jong Hoon,” I turn back and want to make steps to the front door.

“Wait!” he pulls my hand with full of his strength and make me like in the ballroom dance with him.

This time his face is nearer than before and he acts up like want to kiss me and I move my other hand to cover my face rapidly and say, “I’m underage.” “Sorry!”

TO BE CONTINUED...