Dream Boy

That Person In Shinsadong

“Seo Sun Hi, wake up my dear! You’ll be late going to the school.”

“You look at your only dongsaeng, she doesn’t want to wake up. You try waking her.”

“Seo Sun Hi,” he screams to my right ear.

“Jun Hi Oppa! What are you doing here?” I ask in shocked while rubbing my sleepy eyes.

“What kind of question is that? I am your oppa and I always here. Sleep soundly last night,” he blinks his eye and pulls off my blanket.

“What time is now?” I ask him.

“Look it yourself!” he shows me the alarm clock on my table.

“Ha? I’m late! 6.15 a.m. I’ll miss the bus,” I say.

I run to the shower and take clean of myself, get into the uniform suit and take the bag on my table. Then, run downstairs and say good morning to all while sip the tea and take a slice of bread on the dining table. I run out of the front door and wear the school shoe. I run as fast as I could to the gate. I only late for a few seconds and the bus already passed. I run behind the bus while tie up my hair into ponytail. I want to stop the bus but I can’t.

I take a peek on my watch on my right hand, already 7.25 a.m. and the school gate will close sharp on 7.30 a.m. “Five minutes more!” I say. At last, I success to get in the gate before it is closed. I run to my classroom and everyone there are looking at me. “Sun Hi, why are you late today?” asks the one who seats in front of me, Choi Min Hwan. “Wake up late,” I answer him, pant. “You run after bus?” he asks for more. I nod.  Choi Min Hwan is my class president and he is very kind to everyone, he is also my best friend and the rest just my common friend. “Stand up!” Min Hwan runs out his first task for today as the teacher comes in. “Good morning Miss Lee!” and we just follow what he says. “Okay class sit down,” Miss Lee says. Miss Lee is our English teacher and she is very kind to us. She also has a twin younger brother that same age to me named, Lee Hong Ki and Lee Jae Jin.

“Today, I’ll introduce you all with a new students and he will sit next to Sun Hi,” she says. The guy comes in with charismatic and bows. I not really see his face clearly because I forgot to bring along my glasses but my other friends are frozen looking at him. I don’t know why?

“Introduce yourself now,” asks Miss Lee to him. “Annyeonghasaeyo, Yoon  Du Jun imnida!” He bows. “I am from Shinsadong and nice to meet you all,” he says then smile. “Okay enough you can interact with him later and now you can go to your table there,” Miss Lee shows me up. “Thank you teacher,” he bows.

He walks through the row and sits next to me and he starts to greet me, “Hi! Du Jun imnida. What is your name?” I get shock when I turn at him. I widen my eyes, “Real Du Jun in front of my eyes. I’m not dreaming right,” my heart beats faster. “Du… du Jun!” I faint. “Eh, Sun Hi! Are you sick?” Min Hwan asks. “Teacher! Sun Hi faints. Let’s help her,” Min Hwan says. “What happen to her? Min Hwan, Seung Hyun please brings her to the infirmary,” she asks.

I open my eyes slowly, “Who is our new classmates?” “Du Jun!” Min Hwan claims. “What wrong about him until you fell unconscious just now?” He sits beside me and asks. “Nothing!” I shake my head slowly. “Okay, let’s go back to our class,” he leads me to the classroom.  As we reach my desk, Du Jun asks me, “Are you sick?” I just shake my head and think, “He is not bad as in my dream.” We learn the lessons and when the bell rings we all queuing up outside the class and move to home.

I bump myself on my bed and think, “Du Jun is here now but I really want to meet Jong Hoon. Where is he? He didn’t say to me the name of the place. He only said ‘Shi’.” I walk downstairs for having lunch with the whole family.

“Omma! What place begins with Shi?” I ask on the dining table.

“As I know ‘Shinsadong’ Why my dear?” She asks me back.

“Is that place far from here?” I blink my eyes.

“Not really,” appa says.

“Can I go there tomorrow?”  I chin down.

“For what?” appa says in surprise tune.

“I’ve to do research there. Appa please let me,” I am begging to him.

“Ok.”

We eat until full tank and after that we take leisure by watching television in the rest room. The breeze outside slap my cheek when I am standing alone in the corridor. “I have to find him there. Must!” I nod. On the next morning, I get prepared myself in nice clothes to leave for Shinsadong. “Jun Hi oppa, can I borrow your phone for a day?” I ask my brother. “Take it on my study table!” he shows his room. “Omma, I go now,” I hug and kiss her cheek. “Take care.”

I take the bus and reach there in one hour duration. I walk alone after get down from the bus. There are many vendors there selling clothes, foods, accessories and others. I walk and walk until I reach to a pathway that I go through in my dream. I walk and try to remember back the way that I have passed by in my last dream. I walk until I am in front of the quite small house. “This is Jong Hoon’s house,” I say happily. I ring the bell in front of the gate but no one get out from the house and the neighbour outs and asks me, “Annyeonghasaeyo! Who do you want to see young girl?” “Jong Hoon! Is this Jong Hoon house?” I ask. “Yes, this is his house before but he already move. He just moved a few minutes before you come here,” he states. “Is he says to you where he will go and is he a sniper?” I ask. “Yes, he is a sniper but he didn’t tell me anything. Sorry,” he bows. “Kamsahamnida!” I bow.

“Oh my bad luck!” I pat my forehead. I turn back and see someone in front of me. I look up rapidly to look at him clearly. “Real Jong Hoon?” I hit myself. “Yes, real!” I nod. “Are you Choi Jong Hoon the sniper?” I ask him. He looks at me with weird face and answers, “Yes. Who are you?” “Kamsahamnida!” I bow 90 degrees. “What wrong with you?” “Nothing! I just want to thank you,” I say. “But I never know you and what I’ve done to you?” he asks. “Let’s sit there!” he drags me same like he had done in my previous dream.

“Actually, you help me realize that selfish is a bad thing in my life. You help me by appear in my life,” I say. Then, I talk about the whole dream to him and he laughs, “How can? By the way, what is your name?” “Sun Hi! Seo Sun Hi,” I say shyly. “I just weird how do you can get the whole things about me in your dream?” he chuckles. “It is fate.”

“Arghhhhhh!!!!!” I scream and jump when a frog appear in front of me.

TO BE CONTINUED...