Chapter 5

My Lovely Heart Prisoner

“Hey, Donghae, faster please?” Jessica said sarcastically and rolled her eyes, but the mentioned person still hadn’t come out from the house.

 

“Geez...” Jessica said and went inside the big house and headed to the kitchen.

 

 

When Jessica reached the kitchen, she saw Donghae squatting in a clumsy manner with a piece of wet cloth in his hand. What the heck is he doing here? Jessica questioned herself and walked towards Donghae. Hearing some footsteps, Donghae looked up only to see Jessica. He panicked, he gestured Jessica to stop but the latter didn’t seem to understand and kept moving towards him.

 

“AAHHH...!” Jessica screamed and fell onto Donghae’s chest, they had just crashed. In fact, the floor was oily because Donghae accidentally nudged the cooking oil while finding some sugar just now. Donghae tried to clean the spilling but Jessica just came and the incident just happened.

 

“Ouch, my back!” Donghae groaned.

 

“Huh?! Oh my, Donghae, sorry, the floor is slippery,” Jessica apologized.

 

“No problem, NO Jessica!” Donghae tried to stop Jessica from standing up, but too late, Jessica stood up only to fell awkwardly onto Donghae’s broad chest again.

 

“Ouch!” Now it was Jessica’s turn to groan while Donghae just closed his eyes trying to ignore their close proximity, their lips were just inches apart, Donghae felt heat creeping up on his face, but Jessica didn’t seem to realize it.

 

While Jessica was still complaining about her fall, Donghae immediately moved her aside gently and went out of the house.

 

“Hey, Donghae... DONGHAE!!!” Jessica yelled and started complaining again about Donghae.

 

“Wait, does this mean I need to clean the mess. That crazy ma-, oh, calm down Jessica, keep calm and watch your mouth,” Jessica said and patted her lips lightly.

 

“But really, what’s wrong with him these days?”

 


Donghae had known that these past few days he had been acting weird when Jessica was around. He would suddenly jumped at her voice,  stuttered when talking to her, cold sweat would start forming on his forehead, he would just feel nervous and really hot even though their house was facilitated with air conditioned room. Now, when they slept with pillows barrier between them, Donghae would really find the pillows annoying and wanted to move it away so he could see Jessica’s face. He once threw them away and hugged Jessica’s waist tightly. He thought it was a dream not until he felt his face kissing the fury carpet under their bed. Jessica had realized that Donghae had made her his human bolster and attacked him with her kungfu skills, luckily, there were no fractured bones.

 

“Are these the symptoms of love?” Donghae asked himself dramatically. He then laughed and shooed away the crazy thought.

 

From Jessica’s side of view, Donghae had been acting like a paranoid for 7 days 9 hours 48 minutes and 16 seconds, if she’s not mistaken, that was what written on her very special clock. When she came across him, he became as pale as a ghost, he started mumbling inaudible things and always remembered to keep some space from her, no, a lot of space from her. He also had ever hugged her so tight that she was suffocated and when she turned to him, he was smiling like an idiot, feeling freaked out, she just randomly kicked him.


 

“Has he developed some craze symptoms? Brr...” Jessica ignored the random scenarios playing in her mind and sat on the passenger seat. Donghae was startled a bit at Jessica’s presence. Jessica looked at him questioningly.

 

“Aren’t we setting off?” Jessica asked.

 

“O...Oh yes...” Donghae stuttered and started off the engine.

 


“Grandchildren?” Jessica asked unbelievably, meanwhile Donghae just stared at his lemonade blankly. Jessica’s father and mother had just come to Seoul that morning and they all decided to gather at the Lees’ mansion.

 

“Yes, you guys have married for a while, you should at least give me a grandchild, shouldn’t you? Hm?” Donghae’s mom said and nodded at Jessica’s mom, Jung Ah Rae.

 

“But isn’t it just too fast?” Jessica said and tried to avert her gaze from the four elders.

 

“Maybe so...” Donghae’s father said and thought.

 

He beamed and said,“How about-“Mr. Lee’s sentence was cut.

 

“No,” Mrs. Lee, Mr. Jung, Mrs. Jung said synchronically making Mr. Lee buried whatever idea he wanted to voice out. Jessica just can softly sigh. She averted her gaze to Donghae, but to her dismay, Donghae was just staring blankly at his lemonade, it made Jessica’s level of irritation increase by one level.

 

“I think having a boy first is better, Yunho had been taking well of the company,” Mrs. Jung said to Mrs. Lee.

 

“Archer?” Mrs. Lee asked in an amused manner and Mrs. Jung nodded while smiling widely. Then they started talking about random things such as the baby’s room, the things he would need, and many else, the two elder women seemed to be in their own world.

 

Seeing that no one was attempting to stop the two women, even Donghae, who had remained as a statue for quite a time, Jessica’s level of irritation increase by one level again.

 

“By the way, have you guys ever done ‘that’? Mr. Lee asked.

 

“Huh? Uhm, well, we-“Jessica was cut by Mr. Jung.

 

“Of course they should have, Kwan (Mr. Lee), Jessica, try to do it more properly now and get me a boy,” Mr. Jung said and ruffled Jessica’s hair, meanwhile Jessica gaped at his father. Mr. Jung noticed his daughter’s confused expression and chuckled.

 

“Oh, come on, Jessie, I know you guys had done that thousands of times, you are just shy to admit that. Just look at Donghae, he hasn’t protested even a bit. Remember Jess, I’m waiting. Come on Kwan, chess is waiting,” Mr. Jung said to Mr. Lee and both of them let out an old uncle’s laugh. The two elder men left the living room while discussing about the name of the so-called soon to be born baby.


 

It’s more than enough for Jessica, her irritation level was going to explode. It’s not that she was hot tempered, but she was mad at Donghae for being so passive in this moment, in other words, he was leaving her to face the awkward situation alone.
 

 


 

Jessica didn’t want to explode at the moment, so taking a deep breath, she managed to nudge Donghae’s arm without leaving any fracture. The latter was startled and looked at her blankly, as if he had just been woken from a deep slumber. Jessica just could face-palm herself mentally.

 

“What?” Donghae asked.

 

“You’re asking what? You’re not listening to what they said? Unbelievable!” Jessica said and scoffed.

 

“Oh, yes, Jessica, we have decided that you guys should start to modified the guest room to a more cheerful room,” Mrs. Lee said and Jessica just can pout.

 

“Hey, why are you pouting, we’re just trying to help you. Do you feel burdened? Jessica, this was just our only wish after seeing you guys married,” Mrs. Jung said and slapped Jessica’s shoulder lightly.

 

“I know, that is the dream of every grandpa and grandma in the world, but I was just asking for some time, you know,” Jessica said trying to make the elder women understand that they married because of an old-fashioned promise, not because of love.

 

“What should we acknowledge again?” Mrs. Jung asked with an arched brow. Jessica looked at Donghae meaningfully. Donghae nodded at Jessica and faced the two elder women. Jessica was just going to take a deep relief breath because her job was done when Donghae spoke up.

 

“Why are you guys planning to stay in or house?

 

Before the elders had the chance to asked, Jessica had already expressed her anger.

 

“What the heck have you been thinking DONGHAE?!” Jessica exploded.

 

“Huh? They are going to move, don’t they?” Donghae replied. Modifying guest room, felt burdened, the dream of every elderly, maybe. Isn’t it about moving to their child house? Well then, redecorating the room for a more cheerful one sounds a bit weird. What’s wrong with it?

 

“You’re pathetic,” Jessica said and stormed out of the living room.

 

“What are you guys talking actually,” Donghae asked.

 

“Son, I think you should quickly calm her and fulfill our dreams, with this condition, I’m afraid she won’t want to do ‘it’ with you,” Mrs. Lee said and stood up which was followed by Mrs. Jung.

 

“Good luck, honey, I know you can do it, Fighting,” Mrs. Jung said and patted Donghae’s head. With that, Donghae was left alone inside the living room.

 

“Really, what had happened? Man, Donghae, you should stop daydreaming,” Donghae said and knocked his own head. Actually during the awkward long talk, Donghae had been thinking about Jessica.


 

 


Donghae’s thought on the living room:
Here it comes again, the weird feeling. Oh no, why my heart was pounding so fast, I feel butterflies in my stomach. Luckily there’s no cold sweat. Drop! What is this, it was wet. What, OMG, OMG, COLD SWEAT. NOOOOOOOOOO..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



What have happened to me?! I’m deadly crazy now, Oh NOOOOOOO........!!!!!!!

 

Hey, why am so exaggerating these problems, this is so not-Donghae style. Calm down dude, inhale, exhale, inhale, and exhale. Alright, let’s think smartly.



This x or unknown symptoms started a week ago, and it hadn’t stopped till today, OM- calm down Donghae, be yourself, everyone else is taken. Okay, these symptoms just start when Jessica is around. Oh yeah, these happen because I’m around her. It’s impossible that I’m afraid of her that these things occur. It must be because I’m nervous, but why?

 

 

Donghae then slided the screen of his phone and decided to re-read his former message to Eunhyuk.

 

From: Me
To: Eunhyuk

Hi, Fella, I’ve come to face a problem this one week, I would have some weird symptoms as if I’m nervous when Jessica is around me. You know that my brain will be as blunt as the back of a knife. So, can you help me?

 


Donghae had told everything to Eunhyuk just as soon as he woke up. Eunhyuk was and artist and he normally did his arts in the morning, so, Donghae had no worry that his buddy wouldn’t read his message. However, that morning, the case seemed to be different.

 

Donghae was staring at the screen waiting for reply when his phone suddenly vibrated twice.

 

Beep! Beep!

 

Yeah! Eunhyuk’s help has come...!

 

Donghae opened the message in hope of finding some solutions for his problem, but the letter from his buddy was just too short, surprisingly, it just consisted of three words that included answer as well as mocking. However, on top of that, Donghae was really astonished of the answer.

 

From: Eunhyuk
To: Me

Stupid, It’s LOVE! ; p

 


Love? How can that be love? I’m in love with Jessica Jung Sooyeon!? The girl whom I’m forcedly married to? The fat girl I once dumped? I’m in love with her!? IMPOSSIBLE. But hey, everything can happen, right? Wait, why it seems like I’m agreeing to Eunhyuk? Oh Geez, I really need some refreshing.

 

Suddenly Donghae felt someone nudged him and he looked to his left and saw Jessica looked at him in an unexplainable look.

 


“So, we-“ Donghae was cut by Jessica

 

“The 4 elders and I.

 

“Okay, Uhm, so, the 4 elders and you were talking about grandchildren just now. Geez, your face was so serious all the time. Just take it easy, umma was just joking,” Donghae said and started the car engine. Jessica ignored him and chose to look at the Lees’ beautiful big garden.

 

“Are you angry with me?” Donghae asked slowly while looking at Jessica.

 

“No,” Jessica replied.

 

“Really?! In fact, your face shows the contrary, there is ‘I’M MAD’ written on your forehead.

 

“...”

 

“Hey, Jessica, do you want to eat some ice cream and drink some tea?” Donghae said and he stopped his car at an ice-cream parlor. Jessica didn’t replied and Donghae took that as a silent agreement. In the past, when Jessica was angry, they would eat ice cream while drinking a cup of tea together. Despite their bad relationship, they actually were good companions to each other.

 

 

TING! TING!

 

The doorbell rang as they went in to the ice cream parlor, a young waitress greeted them with a smile, or maybe she greeted Donghae with a seductive smile, as Jessica thought, somehow, that simple thing made Jessica’s blood boiled, but she didn’t want any cat fights, so she just simply rolled her eyes. They then sit near the window which allowed them to see Seoul’s busy afternoon view.

 

“May I take your order?” the waitress who greeted them stood beside Jessica and gave a flirty gaze at Donghae, Jessica just could rolled her eyes. Seeing Jessica not moving an inch, Donhae decided to order for them, besides, he had known what flavour Jessica and he both loved, well then, who wouldn’t love chocolate ice cream with cookies and melting chocolate on the top of it? He also didn’t forget to order two cups of green tea.

 

Donghae then looked at Jessica and sighed.

 

“Is there anything you want to order again?” the waitress asked and winked at Donghae making Jessica rolled her eyes for the nth time. This girl doesn’t suit to be a waitress, she is definitely some university gossipers desperate of love. Tch! How lame, find somewhere please, he is MY FREAKING HUSBAND! Jessica thought. But why do I care? Jessica asked her self and signed annoyedly. Jessica then waited for Donghae’s reaction. That boy was also known to be a flirt back then.

 

“No, Thanks, that’s all, Ms. Oh Jae Mi,” Donghae said and smiled charmingly. Jessica thought she could some background sound like ‘Aaa..’ in her mind. That doesn’t even suit the condition! Jessica thought and clicked her tongue irritatingly.

 

“Really?” the Jae Mi waitress asked seductively again.

 

“Yes miss, I would like to repeat it again in front of your ear in case you have gotten some ear disorder, but I’m afraid my WIFE here will wait too long to taste your delicious deserts. So, can we get our order soon, Ms. Oh Jae Mi?” Donghae said in a too calm way, but clearly showing that he wanted the waitress to get away. Dang! Gotcha! You deserve that Ms. Jae Mi... Jessica exclaimed in her mind again and secretly smiled at the waitress who was leaving with a sour expression.

 

 

“I’m really sorry for just now,” Donghae said and sipped his tea, but Jessica, nonetheless, just continued eating her ice cream.

 

“Hey, I really mean it, lately, I have faced so much thing, so yeah, I was just-“Donghae was again cut by Jessica.

 

“Trying to solve it by daydreaming?” Jessica said and pushed the empty ice cream bowl while cleaning .

 

“Yeah, Uh, No, Uh, Yeah, but I didn’t mean not to pay attention to the conversation,” Donghae said and scratched his nape.

 

“It doesn’t really matter,” Jessica said and shrugged.

 

“Really?! Good then, you make me nervous, don’t get mad again, I’m sorry,” Donghae said emotionlessly while trying to hide his surprise and happiness. He then finished his ice cream.

 

“So, about it, wha-,” For the nth time, Donghae was again interrupted by Jessica.

 

“You’ve got something on your lips,” Jessica said and pointed at his lips.

 

“Really?!” Donghae said and tried to it. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Jessica stood up and bended her body towards him. Oh my, Donghae, she’s going to remove the chocolate from your lips! OH, what should I do, what should I do!!! Donghae could feel his cheeks burning and butterflies inside his stomach. He even thought that, there’s a mini version of Donghae who was running in circle inside his mind.

 

“Use the tissue, StuHae,” Jessica said and handed Donghae a piece of tissue.

 

“How unromantic,” Donghae unconsciously blurted out. Jessica cocked her head and narrowed her eyes.

 

“So, you’re hoping that I should kiss your lips to remove the chocolate?” Jessica asked with an arched eyebrow.

 

“No,” Donghae replied quickly, if human could transform to tomato, he would definitely be one at that moment. Jessica just chuckled softly and patted Donghae’s head.

 

“Good boy, good boy, I should have taken some pictures of you with red ears,” Jessica said and laughed. Donghae pouted slightly and shoved a spoonful of ice cream inside his mouth but only to regret it because of its coldness, he immediately gulped a big amount of tea to balance the temperature in his mouth. That caused Jessica laughed even more.

 

Well Done Donghae, you just successfully made yourself a clown in front of this sly woman. Donghae pouted again and placed the empty bowl on the top of Jessica’s.

 

“Geez, Just now you’re angry, but now you’re laughing like crazy. Frankly, I prefer the first you,” Donghae mumbled softly but audible enough to be heard by Jessica, she immediately suppressed her laughter and rested her chin on her crossed fingers while looking a Donghae.

 

“Alright, what did you want to say just now? Hm?” Jessica asked Donghae as if he was a five year old kid.

 

“I was asking what we should do about appa and umma’s request.” Donghae replied in a childish manner. Jessica thought deeply, sipped her tea, and bit her lower lip, a habit of her Donghae had known from long long ago. When she was deep in thought she would sipped something warm and bit her lower lip. In the past, Donghae didn’t have any idea why she did that and now, he didn’t, too. However, now Donghae found that habit quite tempting, y precisely.

 

Donghae!!! What are you thinking again!!!

 

Jessica realized Donghae was staring at her and he suddenly his lips. Holy, Holy, Holy, Why must he his lips at me! Don’t look at him, Jessica, don’t! He had hurt your heart once, don’t fall for his charms again, even though now you’re married to him, it’s just a matter of time when he got bored of you and decided to divorce. Divorce... Jessica didn’t like the idea at all, but she was just too afraid to get heart break again. Now, she thought that not only Donghae had been affected by the craze virus, she also thought that she had been affected, too. Her heart would skip a beat near him, she would get nervous and tick some cold sweat, as well. This is bad, it’s just the same like last time, it’s impossible that I’m in love with him again, NO WAY!!!

 

“Well, Jessica, maybe we can get ourselves drunk and ended up on the same bed the next morning, sounds cool?” Donghae suddenly said and clasped his hand waking Jessica from her fantasy.

 

“Sounds ridiculous.” Jessica replied as a matter of fact.

 

“Man, this is stressing,” Donghae said and ruffled his own hair.

 

“Seems like you have added another case into your stress book,” Jessica said and grinned evilly.

 

“You, evil meanie!” Donghae said and they laughed.