Chapter 3

My Lovely Heart Prisoner

Back after a super long hiatus!

I'll make it into double updates!

 

 

Chapter 3

 


“Sica, where’s my baby blue tie?” Donghae asked softly while checking the closet carefully not wanting to turn it into a mess.

 

“I think it’s in my drawer. Hae, faster, we’re late. Oh, your black coffee and French toast I made are finished,” Jessica said and walked past Donghae and hastily chose a red hand-bag.

 

“Alright and I’ll tell Mrs. Choi to be more careful next time,” Donghae said with a slightly flushed face, actually he was trying hard to ignore Jessica’s drawer full of underwear that coincidentally had his tie in it.

 

“Put your skates on, Hae! We’re setting off in no time,” Jessica was now at the front door of a two-story house while using her heels.

 

“Right, right, coming! By the way, the toast tastes nice,” Donghae ran outside with his tuxedo with a mouthful of toast.

 

“Thanks,” Jessica smiled without averting her gaze to him.

 

They immediately went inside the car and Donghae drove off.

 

 

 

Well, 2 weeks had passed since their so-called outstanding wedding. Outstanding? Yeah, because it’s organized at the most expensive hotel and of course, it was attended by all rich families in Seoul and from some foreign countries.


However, if you’re asking whether their relationship had gotten any better, the answer was no. Probably, some miracle just happened that morning which made the two enemies seemed really nice to each other. The real fact why Donghae treated the closet carefully and Jessica prepared breakfast for Donghae was because...

 

Flashback:


“Hey, what the heck is this?! My closet, LEE DONGHAE!!!” Jessica shouted and appeared with red face in front of Donghae, on the other side, Donghae also have this sour expression on his face.

 

“Hello Jung, why is the table empty? I think we already made an agreement that you will prepare my breakfast,” Donghae said and took a step forward.

 

“Oh really?! But that doesn’t mean you may rummage MY closet!!!” Jessica fought back and took a step forward, too.

 

“YOUR closet. Oh HEY! It’s also MINE!!!” Donghae said and narrowed the proximity between them making their body almost touched each other.

 

“Fine!!!” Jessica ended the ‘step-forward’ game and stepped on Donghae’s foot making the latter groaned in pain.
 

 

 

 

“Here are the rules YOU must OBEY, I’ve signed it below,” Donghae emphasized some words and pushed a piece of beige paper to Jessica. Jessica took the paper, glared at Donghae, wrote her rules and signed their agreement.

 

“Tch, let me clarify everything once again,” Jessica said while facing Donghae as if they’re business partners.

 

Rules

Donghae’s rules:

  1. We must sleep seperately, I can’t stand sleeping on the couch anymore.
  2. As a good wife, please prepare me some breakfast every day, you know junk food is not too good for my body and health.
  3. As a good wife, you must accompany me in every special occasion and should allow me to have some body contact with you.
  4. There’s no body contact inside house, it’s just permitted outside the house.
  5. As long as you’re good to me, I’ll be good to you.
  6. The rules might be added or removed if needed.

Jessica’s rule:

  1. We must sleep seperately.
  2. As a good husband, please be tidier in doing anything because I love tidiness.
  3. As a good husband, you must always support me by attending every special event with me.
  4. There’s no body contact.
  5. You have no right to ban my relationship with other men, because they are sometimes my clients.
  6. The rules might be added or removed if needed

Jessica                                               Donghae

 

“You’re just repeating my words,” Donghae sulked.

 

“It’s because you’ve pointed out the most important ones,” Jessica said and kept the paper inside an attached case.

 

“Hah! So you’re now saying I ‘m clever?” Donghae asked.

 

“Think whatever you like,” Jessica said.

 

“About the bed, because we only have one and are not allowed to sleep at other room, we will make our sleeping teritory,” Jessica suggested.

 

“Why acting like an obedient kid now?  You just need to sleep in the guest room,” Donghae said.

 

“What, guest room? Even though it’s just the same, I won’t sleep there, I have many things in our room, why not you?” Jessica said.

 

“Me? Never in million years!” Donghae fought back.

 

“It depends on you, guest room or share the bed fairly,” Jessica said and left the living room. Before she vanished completely, she turned to Donghae and said.

 

“I suppose you haven’t known that there were some guards watching our movements here,” with that, Jessica completely left the big room.

 

“ Of course I have known about it. Wait... watching us? Sleeping seperately? Oh Man, how can we possibly slept in different rooms when there were some busybodies reporting it to our parents?! How dumb!” Donghae said and ruffled his hair.

 

End of flashback

 

 

Simply, you could figure out the answers. But about calling each other nickname, I’m afraid to say I have no idea about it. It’s still a mystery... Anyway, let’s proceed to the story. Now, they both had arrived at their company, SM Company. They both went in and quickly headed to the meeting room.

 

“This is definitely your fault,” Jessica said when there’s only the two of them in the elevator.

 

“Oh, my fault, so, who was the one spending almost half an hour inside the bathroom,” Donghae said and scoffed.

 

“Right, Mr. Perfect, the one who spent more than an hour to choose his attire,” Jessica said smirked.

 

Their bicker still continued in a mumbling voice even after the elevator door had opened and they finally stopped the mumbling game when they were in front of the meeting room.

 

Fortunately, they could went through the meeting successfully, without any deaf victims or other form of bloody abuse.

 


It was such a calm Sunday morning, the sky was as bright as Donghae's neon green shirt. Taking a deep breath, Donghae stretched himself like a cat and gingerly picked up his mug of strong-scent coffee and took another big sniff. He let out an 'ah' and brought the mug to his lips, not forgot to pair it with his 'I'm in Nirvana' expression. What a nice d- 

 

Bruk!

 

“Ouch! Hot! Hey watch your way!” Donghae yelped in pain and started complaining because his coffee just spilled onto his T-shirt and pants.

 

“Sorry,” Jessica replied shortly and immediately dashed away.

 

“Jessica, where are you going?” Donghae asked. It’s not that Donghae was such a busybody, it’s just that, he was a bit annoyed that the brunette-haired girl ignored him.

 

“Client.”

 

With that the front door was shut completely.

 

“I hope you still can remember your way home,” Donghae shouted and sighed. The house or mansion they lived in was quite far from town and remembering Jessica had just moved to Seoul, she might be lost.

 

But after staying completely silent staring at the door, Donghae ploppep himself back to the couch, “Tch, why should I care about her,” Donghae said and continued his morning ritual.

 

Woof! Woof!

 

Light footsteps came towards Donghae. Donghae looked at the source of sound and beamed.

 

“Ah, my little Schubert!!! What? You want to eat? No? Have a walk? Alright, let’s go!” Donghae said and ruffled the soft fur of a six-month Siberian Husky. Actually the puppy was Jessica’s and don’t ask how it could come to Seoul, rich people had their own special way. When Donghae asked why it was named after the famous musician, Jessica just replied that she thought the name sounded cool. Well, it somehow seemed right.

 


“Schubert, catch this!” Donghae said and threw a red ball to the pup. Schubert caught it and brought it back to Donghae.

 

“Good boy, let’s have a rest for a while, I’m knackered,” Donghae said and lifted his hands up. Schubert barked signing he agreed with the suggestion and obediently walked to an empty bench.

 

“Hah...” Donghae huffed as he sat on the bench which was later followed by Schubert with the help of Donghae.

 

“Don’t you think we’re being watched by some girls for a while now,” Donghae said and stared at the gray twinkling eyes of the excited Schubert. There’s no way the sight of a handsome fit man with a smart dog didn’t attract any girls attention.

 

“Maybe I’m just over thinking, let’s go home now, boy. Come on! Catch me!” Donghae said and ran away leaving Schubert who was chasing him while barking.

 


“Ah... Such a long day,” Donghae sighed loudly and threw himself on the comfortable sofa. That day, he had taken Schubert for a walk, had some lunch with him, bathed him and even did some gardening like watering Jessica’s plant and cutting the bush, after that, he also had some exercise in their multi-purpose room.

 

“It’s now evening and I’m bored...! Usually I can pick on Jessica and ending up showing our taekwondo skills,” Donghae sang and closed his face with the pillow.


A few of more boring hours later...

“Okay, I can tolerate if she came a bit late but now it’s really late and it’s raining. Oh, please add the fact that I want to sleep,” Donghae said to Schubert but the latter just barked in reply.

 

“Oh well, I just remembered you can’t talk, I think my sleepiness drives me nuts. Schubert, kennel please,” Donghae said lazily and Schubert gingerly ran to his very own big house inside an air-conditioned room. Donghae smiled and continued watching the television.

 

 

“Is she lost?” Donghae came up with the idea and some random thoughts started filling his mind, he knocked his own head.

 

“Impossible,” Donghae said and the thunder roared loudly.

 

“Okay, Let’s wait for 20 min, no, 15 min, no, 5 minutes,” Donghae mumbled to himself nervously.

 

 

However, not until 5 minutes, Donghae had stood in the middle of the rain with an umbrella finding Jessica.

 

 

“Isn’t that her car?” Donghae asked and looked inside the car but it’s vacant.

 

“Oh my!!! Kidnapped?! The current news I watched just now was about kidnapping...!!! Relax Donghae... chillax...”

 

Maybe she’s around asking way home, Donghae thought.
Donghae walked through the forest beside his mansion, but the mansion seemed larger than what he thought.

 

“Oh no, is she? Oh stop it Donghae, just quickly find her and have a good night sleep,” Donghae argued with himself and continued searching Jessica. Every step he took made him more nervous. He finally found a way out of the scary forest and saw her wife standing with an umbrella near a hawker corner.

“Sica..!” Donghae said loudly and ran to her.

 

“What?! I can’t hear you,” Jessica replied with an equal loud voice.

 

Donghae felt like re-watching the cartoon 'Spongebob who always wears Squarepants' as the phrase was familiar, but he decided to shrug it off as he was super worried, instead, he reached her and hugged her tightly. He then released her and looked at her.

 

“Don’t you realize what you’re doing, you make me worry,” Donghae said quickly and almost cried.

 

“What is happening to you? Oh, I think you’re sleepy. Oh my, you’re soaking wet. Come in,” Jessica pulled him in.

 

“Wait, what are you doing at here?” Donghae asked.

 

“Huh, Ah, I forget about this, you’re hungry right, here, eat this, it’s nice!!!” Jessica said and stuffed Donghae’s mouth with rice cakes.

 

“Nice,isn’t it? I specially waited for this night store to open to buy this delicious food,” Jessica said and patted Donghae’s shoulder.

 

Donghae munched the delicious food before gaping at her, almost spluttering what he was chewing.

 

“WHAT??!!??!!” Donghae hollered.

 

 

 

“So, you come home late just to buy this freaking rice cakes?” Donghae complained, they’re now sitting in Jessica’s car.

 

“And man... your story is hilarious. You? Worrying about me? Unbelievable!” Jessica said laughed heartily.

 

“...” Donghae just kept quiet and focused on the road.

 

“Hey... are you mad?” Jessica asked Donghae playfully and laughed.

 

They reached the house and Donghae still refused to talk to him, but Jessica didn’t seem to mind it at all. When they entered the room Donghae immediately dried himself, change his shirt, and turned off the light.

 

“Ouch! Donghae, why did you turn off the light?! I'm not into venture in the dark,” Jessica whined in darkness but there’s no reply. She turned silent for a while.

 

"Still alive, Donghae?"

 

Silent...

 

"Hmph!"