Chapter 4

My Lovely Heart Prisoner

 

 

Chapter 4    

 


As a token of what Donghae had done yesterday, Jessica woke up earlier to make Donghae a special breakfast for Donghae, cheese omelette and a cup of caffé macchiato which she learned from her States friends. She then went to their room to woke Donghae up.

 

“Donghae, wake up, your breakfast is ready, it’s definitely different from the normal breakfast I’ve made. Donghae? Donghae? Doonnghaae...” Jessica sang and she lightly squeezed Donghae.

 

“Ehm...” Donghae mumbled lazily.

 

“Geezz... Donghae... Donghae... Dong- AHH!” Jessica shrieked because Donghae pulled her to his broad chest making the latter flushed in red.

 

“Hey!!!” Jessica complained and punched Donghae’s chest lightly.

 

“Cold...” Donghae mumbled.

 

Jessica looked at Donghae weirdly before realizing that his lips had turned white and his blood seemed had been drained out. Jessica stuck her forehead to Donghae’s and widened her eyes.

 

“Oh my, he is having a fever. What should I do, it’s my fault! Ah, doctor!” Jessica said to herself and immediately dialed the Lees’ doctor number.

 

 

 

“Man, the coffee is such a waste, I hate coffee but I don’t want to dump it either, luckily the omelette is edible to me,” Jessica said when she was waiting for the porridge to be cooked.

 

Woof! Woof!

Schubert sat in front of Jessica while wagging his tail happily.

 

“Ah, Schubert, Donghae is having fever, so we can’t play with you today, sorry boy,” Jessica said with a sad smile and Schubert looked down signing that he’s sad.

 

The bell suddenly rang. Jessica looked at the monitor and quickly opened the door.

 

“Uncle Cho, long times no see, please comes in,” Jessica welcomed the doctor warmly and leaded him to the room.
 

 

 

“There’s nothing serious about him, he’s just having cold and too tired, making him take the medicine and off for some days will do,” Doctor Cho said and smiled and Jessica nodded her head.

 

“Alright, I think I will go now,” Doctor Cho said and picked up his bag.

 

“Erhm, Uncle...” Jessica asked nervously. Doctor Cho looked at her questioningly.

 

“Do you mind having some coffee?” Jessica said and smiled awkwardly.

 

Doctor Cho stared at her for a while and cleared his throat,"Sure, why not?” Doctor Cho said and smiled again.

 


Taking care of Donghae was never an easy task, he hated medicine, he didn’t have any appetite, everything about his whining just got into Jessica’s nerve. She swore she could see a strand of new white hair popping up. Don't be sceptical, she really was sure it was a new white hair, she always kept record of her white hairs in her 'Record Book of White Hair'.

 

 

“Oh, come on, just 1 spoonful of porridge again and you’re free,” Jessica said lazily and finally Doghae opened his mouth weakly.

 

“It’s bitter,” Donghae said.

 

“Okay, done! Now, drink this!” Jessica pushed him some medicine and water.

 

“Tch, you’re cruel. I am having fever, please treat me gentler,” Donghae complained, but nonetheless, he took the medicine after seeing Jessica glaring at him.

“Now, sleep!” Jessica said coldly.

 

“Yes ma’am.”

 

After cleaning everything up, Jessica retreated back to her room, she then indulged herself in a long bath and finally got her quality of time to relax. Jessica wore the most comfy clothes and sat on the couch in the bedroom, a cup of tea on her left hand and a fashion magazine on her right hand. Time for Donghae-free zone.

 

But it seemed karma wanted to give her a revenge as the pay back of what she did to Donghae that Sunday morning. The peacefully-sleeping Donghae out of sudden started talking nonsense, while sleeping, and most annoyingly according to Jessica, very loudlym like very.

 

Ugh! This boy! Jessica cursed in her mind and sauntered to Donghae, she flicked his forehead do hardly that it produced sound. Donghae immediately shut up and frowned, still in the state of sleeping. His frown soon turned to whimper and Jessica started to think she was back to her primary self who was staring at the soon-to-be crying Donghae.

 

Donghae's whimper turned to light sobs and Jessica started to think that he might be dreaming of them in the past. Her gaze softened and heaving out a sigh, Jessica pulled a chair and sat beside him, softly patting his head until Donghae calmed down.

 

The action was so soothing, even for Jessica, who hac slowly dozed off while cuddling herself near Donghae.  

 

 

That evening, Donghae’s fever miraculously vanished, he opened his eyes only to be greeted by Jessica who was sleeping soundlessly beside him while having his hand as a pillow.

 

“Ahh,” Donghae said sourly and tried to move his hand from Jessica but the latter wouldn’t budge.

 

Giving up, Donghae just could stare at Jessica idly. From her wavy brunette hair, forehead, eyes, nose, and lastly to her lips that somehow felt attempting. Donghae gulped.

 

What the hell are you thinking, Donghae, she’s still the same violent Sica! Donghae thought to himself but regretted it immediately.
Well, maybe she had changed a bit, just a mega super duper little bit. Donghae said and chuckled. He returned to his former position and slept again.

 

 

The next morning...


“Yikes, I slept beside him,” Jessica was still half awaked when she said that and she immediately washed up and prepared breakfast forgetting that she had been taking care of the sick Donghae a day before.

 

“Porridge? What did I do yesterday, I think I’m not si- DONGHAE?!” Jessica just realized how dumb she was when Donghae stood in front of her, still in a messy condition.

 

“Oh my, are you alright now, you make me mad yesterday,” Jessica exclaimed and rushed to Donghae and hastily stuck her forehead on the latter’s. 

 

At the sudden contact, a surge of electricity struck Donghae hard on the heart, he shuddered and pulled away,“What the heck are you doing,” Donghae said as he lightly pushed her, his face was flushed in soft pink.

 

“Checking your temperature and Thank the Mighty God, you’ve recovered!” Jessica celebrated her hard work and gritted her teeth happily while punching her fist to the air, even Schubert, who didn’t seem to understand a thing, also jumped in joy while sticking out his tongue.

 

 

“You should take care of your health, look at what disaster you’ve caused in my life yesterday, luckily you recover quickly, you should thank me for everything,” Jessica nagged non-stop while Donghae just rolled his eyes and sipped the porridge.

 

“Hey, why are you so quiet, say something, don’t you know how-“Jessica’s sentence was cut by Donghae.

 

“Anyway, Thanks for everything,” Donghae said almost inaudibly.

 

“What, can you repeat it again?” Jessica asked giddily.

 

“No.”

 

“Ahh.. please...”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes”

 

“Once it’s a no it will always remain a no,” Donghae said coolly and pushed the empty bowl to Jessica.

 

“Fine!” Jessica said and took the bowl to the sink.

 

“I’m surprised that I can finish those tasteless porridge,” Donghae said and chuckled, "Would rather be coma than tasting it,"

 

Jessica stopped her actions and slumped her shoulders. She turned to him with teary-eyed and rushed to their bedroom and banged the door.

 

Donghae stared agape at their room. Have I crossed the line? Ah, well... she will come out again later. Donghae tried to calm himself and played with Schubert.

 

 

But the night had fallen but the door of their bedroom still hasn’t opened. And Donghae somehow regretted why their room was facilitated with bathroom. If there was no bathroom at the first place, she would probably come out. Donghae felt bored and decided to spill everything to his best friend, Eunhyuk.

 

“Hey, Hyuk, are you free?” Donghae asked his best friend who really like to emphasized words. Like EMPHASIZED.

 

“Of course I am FREE, even if I was not FREE, I could FREEZE the time so I could be FREE,” Eunhyuk chirped happily.

 

Donghae rolled his eyes, but still, Eunhyuk was the most dependable person exist in both real world and parallel world. That's also one of the factor why Donghae chose him to spill everything.

 

“Stupid you and pity your wife, it’s definitely YOUR fault!!!” Eunhyuk emphasized the word and huffed angrily.

 

“Why it seems like you were the one who was my wife?” Donghae replied.

 

“Of course, you’re just TOO blind, don’t you know that I really treasured women? You can even address ME as the number one boy follower of the WOMEN ORGANIZATION,” Eunhyuk said proudly and laughed.

 

“Geez... Okay, I know this is my fault, so, what should I do?” Donghae asked.

 

“Poor Donghae. It’s easy... easy... EASY!!! Very easy... Women love praises and jewels, oh, scratch that one, I think she ‘s not materialistic,” Eunhyuk said and laughed again.

 

“Right... right, thanks dude, thanks for not helping,” Donghae said sourly.

 

“Anytime~~~,” Eunhyuk said and ended the call.

 

"In the end, need to settle it myself,: Donghae mumbled.

 

 

 

 

“Sica... Jessica...” Donghae sang as he knocked at the door.

 

“...”

 

“May I come in?”

 

“...”

 

“Jung Jessica, my dear, May I come i-“

 

“Stop calling me!”

 

With that, Donghae kept his voice down. Scary.... Donghae thought. He paced in front of the room from left to right.
AHA! Spare key......! Woohoo I love you, spare key. Donghae said as he kissed the key which he took from the safety box behind the big scenery painting. He always thought of the safety box idea as an old fashioned idea, but now, he loved the idea.


 

Clek!

 

Donghae shouted in joy inside his thought, he entered the room and a pillow immediately landed on his face.

 

“Ah!” Donghae groaned. Meanwhile Jessica just pouted and continued to look at the night view on the balcony. Donghae walked towards her, but before he could reached her, Jessica’s voice cracked up.

 

“Don’t. Come. Nearer,” Jessica said without even turning her head.

 

Man, she really is ANGRY with me, I’m so DEAD... Wait, why am I following Eunhyuk’s style? Wait, focus Donghae!!! Focus!!!

 

“I’m sorry,” Donghae apologized.

 

“Not accepted,” Jessica replied shortly. This girl! Donghae thought while gritting his teeth.

 

“Oh, dear, please... will you forgive your lovely husband. Hm?” Donghae said as he walked nearer Jessica and slid his hand to her waist, but before his hand encircled her waist completely, the latter had taken his hand, turned, and pushed it to his back.

 

“AHH...” Donghae groaned in pain.

 

“If you want forgiveness, better ask it in a more ‘Jessica’ style,” Jessica said and pinned Donghae to the wall.

 

 

 

Man... I should’ve known it. Donghae thought.

 

So, there were Donghae and Jessica, standing in front of each other inside the multi-purpose room for some combat.

 

 NOOOO !NOOOO..!NOOOO.... !N- Okay Donghae, keep calm and stay cool, it’s not a real match, just a simple show-off.  Huff Puff! Donghae thought and did some warm-up.

 

 

Jessica and Donghae bowed at each other and counted from one to three in their thought and the combat started. They fixed their gazes on each other, waiting for the right time to attack. They started moving slowly.
 

Jessica took the first step to attack but was dodged by Donghae. Donghae then took the opportunity to strike her neck, but Jessica took his hand and she aimed for his jaw, her fingers all touch together, and her hand is pointed down, exposing the top of her wrist.

 

Geez... She’s too aggressive. Donghae slid his body to the mat and planned to counter-attack Jessica from behind.  His hand is pulled back to engage the base of his palm in an upwards ing strike. But with her agility Jessica immediately retreated from Donghae’s dangerous strike.

 

Man... Jessica thought and narrowed her eyes on Donghae.

 

Donghae seemed a bit taken aback with Jessica’s reaction.

 

Man... She’s faster now. Hah... What to do... Donghae thought and sighed. Jessica realized his unawareness and fly-kicked him.

 

“Hey, it’s not fair, how can I fight against a girl?!” Donghae complaint as Jessica pinned him to the ground.

 

“Yeah, whatever. Thanks for the combat, though,” Jessica said, patted his cheek and walked out of the room.

 

“What?! Jessica, how about our agreement, am I forgiven?” Donghae asked.

 

“Think as you like,” Jessica shouted from the other side.

 

Donghae gaped at her, thought for a while and smiled before catching up with Jessica.

 

 

 

“Here!” Donghae passed Jessica a cup of Chrysanthemum tea.

 

“Thanks,” Jessica replied and sipped the hot tea.

 

“That’s my agreement to be forgiven by you, the. Tea,” Donghae said and smiled playfully.

 

“What?! Since when do we have any agreement?” Jessica said out of sudden.

 

“Oh come on, stop being forgetful, Jessica, will you forgive me?” Donghae said and kneeled down.

 

“Are you proposing or apologizing?” Jessica asked and chuckled.

 

“Ah, Come on, my knees hurt waiting for your reply,” Donghae begged and pouted.

 

“Oh, touché, but no sweetie,” Jessica said and laughed.

 

“You little...” Donghae said and tickled Jessica. Both of them laughed heartily and threw their backs to the sofa.

 

“Stupid Donghae, StuHae,” Jessica mumbled.

 

“Mean Jessica, Meanca,” Donghae replied and smirked. They both laughed and fell into silence again.

 

“So, friends?” Jessica stuck out her right hand. Donghae looked at it and smiled showing off his row of white teeth.

 

“Friends.”

 

 

 

Well, if Donghae had a thousand ways to make Jessica mad, of course, he also has a thousand and one ways to make her laugh again