Chapter 18

Status: Complicated!?

 

The nest day after he was beaten up by Choi Hyunki, Hwang Minhyuk still got up and went to school. As usual, he stands on the gate entrance waiting for the group to arrived. When the friends arrived, he will smile at Changmin that the guy usually ignored. Hyunki's face was just as insulting and annoying towards Minhyuk which the young man will just let pass by. At the hall way, the younger twin brother can't help, but asked, "Hyung, you lied."
 
"About?"
 
"You hands."
 
"And?"
 
"Where did you got that? Those wounds on your fist?"
 
"You said I lied. What am I going to answer if you wont believe me."
 
The girl's wasn't bothered enough about Changmin's questions. It was already their breaktime and as they walked back to their classroom with their foods, the big captain is walking opposites to them. As he do, Hyunki simply targeted the lower half of the boy by hitting it in a hideous way by his elbow. Minhyuk slightly curled in pain, which didn't passed from the younger twin's eyes. He wanted to help the man, but his brother were looking at him darkly. Minhyuk just throw up a smile and stand straight though it was hard for him.
 
When they sat down on the rooftop, Changmim was like concerned citizen to a puppy in pain, at least, thats what his brother see him that time, "Why did you do that!?"
 
"I did what?"
 
"You elbowed him."
 
"Did I? As far as I know, he was on my other side and the way is a narrow one. It couldn't be help."
 
"Liar! You see that he's in pain..."
 
"And so? You want to take care of him!? Huh?!"
 
"Hyung!"
 
"Ya, Choi Changmin, what are you making a puss about?" Lee Gyuri asked as she and the other two were playing with their camera. "Why are you bugging your brother about somebody else's pain?"
 
"Because I am sure that my brother right here know something about what happened to that senior student."
 
Hyunki just laughs, "How did you know? Wait, is that guy your lover or what?" he suddenly glared at his brother.
 
"WHAT!? Hyung!"
 
"Then why are you so concern about that post? I dont know what pain are you talking about. I just dont like that guy after all. We all did, right? He scared the hell out of Yoo Sooyoung. I told you before, one day I'm going to get him."
 
"But beating the hell out of him is not quite a good stance!"
 
"Beating? Are you some kind of crazy Choi Changmin!? If I do beat him then he will surely end up being at the hospital and wont comeback here!"
 
"Oppa..." Sooyoung wraps her hands around Hyunki's arm to stop it from being mad, "Stop it. Both of you stop fighting. I heard earlier that the president had a fight at the warehouse, but he doesn't want the school to know who beat him. Channgmin oppa, stop suspecting..." she then looked at the guy straightly biting her lips.
 
"Haist! Hyung, maybe I dont have any evidence that you do it to him, but let me ask you one question, and please answer me sincerely. Where did you used your fist yesterday that it was bruised?"
 
Choi Hyunki just looked at his brother bravely without any conscience, "On the bathroom floor, when I slide down. Happy? Now, go eat your food before the time ends."
 
Changmin didn't made any commotion against his brother after hearing the same reason he said last night. Because he was still concern, Changmin  went all the way to the SC hall to talk and checked for the president. At the small opening he sneak a glance where he saw the young man sitting on his chair curling up to pain. He was still guilty about what happened to Hwang Minhyuk, in the end, he still comes in.
 
"Ex- excuse me..."
 
Minhyuk looked up and he was surprised to see Changmin inside the hall, "You..."
 
"I'm sorry. I didn't knocked before I comes in."
 
The president then stands up though pain is simply twitching inside him, "N- no, its just fine. Wh- what can I do for you? How, how may I help you?"
 
"You tell me the truth, in exchange of what you've done to me yesterday..."
 
"That, I'm so sorry. I didn't meant to hurt you for what I did. So, I really deserve to have this."
 
"So, I'm right. Its my brother."
 
"Huh? You didn't..."
 
"I didn't know, thats why Im here to asked you, but then it goes without asking."
 
"Choi Changmin, I- I dont want to cause trouble between you and- and your brother."
 
"Its not the likes of you who will bring our brotherhood down."
 
That breaks Minhyuk's heart.
 
"I didn't tell him anything, but he learns it very quick." he smirked, "You, what did you tell him to stop beating you down?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"My brother wont stop beating someome else until he saw him unconscious. The fact that you still called for help, it means he left you awake."
 
"I told him that I like you."
 
That surprised the young Choi Changmin.
 
"I'm sorry I like you very much. Very much that I always wanted to see you, to be near you. Its not like I like guys like me, you're the only exception. I mean..."
 
"You're gay?"
 
Minhyuk was shock with what he heard. "I told you, its not that I always wanted a man to be my partner or my lover, but its you and, and its different. You're special. You're not like those guys beside me. I want you just for me. I want you just..."
 
"Shut up. How could you say you like someone then say sorry after that? Fix yourself up. The nest time my brother learns something like this again, I'm not sure if I would come to you and apologize." and he left the man alone devastated and regretful for saying such things in front of someone he like the most.
 
"I'm sorry." he said to himself.
 
As Changmin was walking back at their classroom, he found his brother standing at the end leaning on the wall, "Hy- hyung... what are you doing here?"
 
"I didn't know that the comfort room that you needed was at the senior building."
 
"Hyung, thats not it."
 
"Choi Changmin, if you dont like a person, dont give them any chance to be near you. If you dont want someone, then dont let them expect something from you."
 
The younger swallowed deep in his throat with his brother's words.
 
"You didnt tell him that you dont like him, but then you said you will never come to apologize if I come and beat him again. Does it means this will not be the last time you're going to talk to him?"
 
"Hyung tha..."
 
"Fix yourself. Let me asked you one thing, do you remember a child you once help in Boston?"
 
Changmin thinks deeply, "Helping someone in Boston? A- I remember. I thought he was a delegate on a seminar. Why were you asking?"
 
"If I answer you, would you go back to that tall punk or will you comeback with me?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"He was after you since you help him."
 
"That boy was...?"
 
"If you're going back there, prepare him at once. Because he'll surely go under my fingers before he lay his hands to you."
 
"But hyung..."
 
"Im going back."
 
"I'll come with you." and he stepped along with his brother, but he put up a glance on the SC hall door.
 
At the hospital, Choi Minki request a private meeting from the chief doctor Dr. Han. They covered themselves on the conference room alone.
 
"Is there something wrong Mr. Choi?"
 
"Nothing. I just want to asked if I could have some of Dr. Yoo Changhyun's previous records."
 
"You mean his patients' records?"
 
"No, his own medical records."
 
Dr. Han was surprised with what the pretty man was requesting, he gulp in confusion, "Medical records? Maybe you mean his affiliation and medical examination that we had from him before we accepted Dr. Yoo as a residence."
 
"I mean his medical records. The records of his stay here as a patient."
 
"Wh- where did, did you heard th- that he, he was, was once a, a patient here?"
 
"Why are you stuttering? Am I not bound to get any records? I mean, I am the owner and I wanted to know whats his medical background."
 
"But, but Dr. Yoo will surely get mad if he knew I gave you his records."
 
"Then just tell me what he have done here and what treatment he seek in here before."
 
"But sir..."
 
"Please, I just want to know the truth. I cant asked him straight. Even so, he would not answer me directly."
 
"I'll tell you all about it, but can you bargain with me?"
 
"What?"
 
"I'll tell you what happened to Dr. Yoo, but tell me in exchange why you wanted to know?"
 
"I was a cancer survivor. I've had a liver transplant and it came from here, thats why I bought this hospital once I heard that its financial state wasn't doing good because of the previous owner's gambling problem. I just wanted to know who that liver came from and..."
 
"Its because of liver donation."
 
The cut wasn't in a good timing, and ot made Minki gasp for breathe. "Wh- who?"
 
"Dr. Yoo was admitted in here along with his wife Park Jiyeon for organ donation. Dr. Yoo donated a liver to a patient from Saints Hospital. Dr. Kang referred and asked me a favored then. I was the chief of liver surgeries so the chief doctor then gave me a permission for a friendly reason."
 
"Yoo- Yoo Changhyun donated a liver? To whom?"
 
"Dr. Kang didn't tell me his name, even young Changhyun then wasn't able to say much about it."
 
"Is he the only person to donate liver that time?"
 
"If you wanted to know if Dr. Yoo was your donor, I'm afraid he isn't. Because I heard from her then, maybe fiance or maybe a stow away bride Jiyeon that he didn donated his liver his ex husband."
 
His face flushed red and his eyes were aout to cry. Choi Minki almost lost his stands hearing that. All the while, he thought that Changhyun just left him just for him to take the treatment. Never came back for him. Never even seen him and how he was doing even once. All those while, he thought that his husband gave up on his being a spoiled brat. All these years, though he was facing him controlled and casually recently, he still have those feelings of pain inside him. As he stands up to walk out of the room, he lost his balance and collapsed.
 
Dr. Han called for help and deliver the owner as a patient being laid on a private hospital room. When he wakes up, the face he saw was the bright and lovely face of Dr.Yoo Changhyun. He is sitting at the bed side holding his phone and talking to someone. Minki then slowly sat up, and Changhyun helped him to get up with one hand.
 
"Yes. I'll call you back." the doctor ending his conversation.
 
"Why are you here?"
 
"I heard from the chief that you fainted after talking to him. Aron can't make it immediately so I proposed to looked after you here. I already him not to tell the kids what happened. They still have their classes tomorrow. It wont be good for them to worried about you."
 
"Why?"
 
"Because they wont get their minds focus."
 
"Why?"
 
"Why what? Choi Minki, better have a rest first. Dr. Kim said that you were so stressed, thats why you fainted that way."
 
Minki's tears cannot be stop from falling.
 
"Hey, whats happening? Why are you crying?" Changhyun then sit down on the bed facing the crying ex husband of his. Suddenly, as soon as he leaned himself to comfort the man, Minki embraced him tightly and cry out louder. "Choi Minki, whats happening on you? Is there something hurting you? Do you felt something painful in your body? You want me to call Dr. Kim to check you up?"
 
He just shakes his head.
 
Changhyun who's face was at his ex husband's back just smiled and knows that Minki just wanted only to be in that position. He then rubbed his hands at the man's back as its still crying. For almost quarter of an hour they stayed that way. When he tried to pull out Minki from him, he didn't resist. After a very deep and tight hug, pretty Minkk leaned his back on the head board of the bed.
 
The exes hands were still linked to each other by the finger. The one is still sobbing after his excessive crying. The doctor was just staring at him sweetly like he was waiting for something to be heard, "Why?"
 
"Nothing. This is the first time I saw you crying like that. Do you feel alright? Something hurts after that? Headache or anything?"
 
"Stop putting your medical expertise in me. Talk casually. It will be better."
 
"How should I? Mm, what do you want to eat? You haven't eaten any since you came here this afternoon."
 
"Anything."
 
"I dont recall that there was a food called anything in this world. You know where to buy it?" and they both laugh.
 
"Yoo Changhyun..."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Cook for me." Changhyun looked at Minki wondering, "Dont look at me like that. Okay, its just a request from a patient, just put it that way. After this, I won't asked anything from you nor show my face to you."
 
That was another surprise from Minki. Mumbling words like that out of nowhere without any reason was his doing, but saying things like that after he cried so much, Yoo Changhyun's temper slowly going up to his head, he just bite his lower lip, "Why are you saying that things? Are you asking for favor or you're just simply want me to stay away from you again, just like that?"
 
Minki stays silent and just averted his eyes.
 
"Fine. I'll let it pass this time. I'll go and get some food for us."
 
"Cook."
 
The doctor glared at the patient.
 
"Please..."
 
"Fine."
 
Changhyun went at the hospital's kitchen and cook for the two of them when his phone rings. He answered it because it was Lee Byunghyun, "Hyung."
 
"Aren't you coming home? Sooyoung and her friends were here. She said they always eat dinner in here."
 
"Yes, they do. Cook for them, but be good, okay? The children are not doing anything bad to you Lee Byunghyun, so be good. Another thing, please refrained them from watching movies or spend time watching tv without finishing their assignments and everything. They have their clothes in there, so have them change first before having them on the dining table. Hyung, please do it properly. No bashing nor kids frightening."
 
"Yes sir. I will. I got it. You sounds like a nagging wife you know that?"
 
"I know, but if I wont say things like that you wouldn't do it on your own because..."
 
"Because?"
 
"Because you are such a stubborn like a kid."
 
"Okay, okay. Fine."
 
Changhyun smiles to himself, "Bye."
 
"Bye." after he dropped the phone, Byunghyun started his duty like a nursery nurse. He went out on the living room and face the teenagers, "Yo, children." the kids looked up to him. "All of you go upstairs and change before finishing your assignments while I am cooking."
 
"Can we help you in the kitchen?" Hyunki asked.
 
"Nope. I will be the one to cook. You children stay here and finish your homework after you change clothes."
 
"Okay." they answered in chorus.
 
Byunghyun gladly cooked foods for the kids and him. The students submit to what the elder had told them. As the father was cooking the children were studying and finishing the homework, but still an aura of awkwardness can feel between the twin brothers. Until they reach the dining time, Hyunki and Changmin just sits in silence, while the girls are simply balancing for them. Of course, the real man cannot be forgotten, he immediately adopted the unresolved misunderstanding between the two guys.
 
"Whats happening?" he asked and the kids just looked at him before returning their gazed to their plates. "Stop spinning on me. Whats wrong? Are you boys having a fight?"
 
"No sir." a brave reply from the older twin.
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"Yes sir."
 
"You guys supposed to face each obstacle together than walking alone facing it on your own. You're twins, and twins should be composed and be brave to talk about your differences. You know each other than those normal brothers and sisters. You can feel what the other have been feeling, so be matured enough to speak."
 
The kids just sighed and return to their dinner. After that, not so long, they goes home. Changhyun just wait for Minki to sleep before coming home at the middle of the night just to get some clothes.
 
"You're going back at the hospital?"
 
"Yes." he answered while getting some clothes. "How's the kids?"
 
"They're fine. They're good  when it comes to following elders."
 
"I told you so, they are good kids."
 
"But there is an unsettled cold war."
 
The doctor was surprised and stop what he was doing, "What cold war? Who has cold war?"
 
"The twins...?"
 
"Why? Did they tell you what happened?"
 
Byunghyun just shook his head before jumping on the bed like a kid. Changhyun then proceed to his work while thinking. "Yoo Changhyun."
 
"Yes?"
 
"Can you stay for a while? Even just one hour?"
 
"Ten minutes."
 
"30."
 
"15."
 
"Deal." and he waved his hand to his lover to come beside him and the lovely man did. Byunghyun hugs him tight and kissed him on the forehead. "You smell tired."
 
"Uhm, a bit."
 
"Are you always going to be like this again? All day and all night at the hospital?"
 
"Not really. Its just something came up and I am responsible for it."
 
"Okay."
 
"How about you? Aren't you going to visit the site?"
 
"Yes, I will, maybe in the end of this week, but I will comeback the same day."
 
"Isn't it going to be a pain for you?"
 
"I can handle it. What I cant handle was being too far from you for so long. That one month seems like forever, but still I need to do it for us."
 
Changhyun just tightened his embrace to his partner and give it a kissed that deepened by moment and then they cuddled for the remaining minutes. Without any notice, Byunghyun fell asleep beside Changhyun, the doctor just smiled and kiss the sleeping darling on the bed. "Cute."
well, here I am again, updating another chapter for all of you... see, see? I really made an update everyday.... everyday... lululu... kekeke, I am just in the right mood to be so talkative and every thing... i am i am... yeah, and I am also in the same mind of repeating what i am saying... right? right? kekeke!!!