Chapter 17

Status: Complicated!?

 

As expected of Lee Byunghyun, the whole time of their vacation, he never let go of Yoo Changhyun's hand. Yoo Sooyoung was always happy to see her parents to be that way everyday. Now, they'll comeback to the city. Early in the morning, the children were stuff up in front of their friend's residence.
 
"Yoo Changhyun, Yoo Changhyun..." Byunghyun waking up the sleeping doctor.
 
"What?"
 
"There are students outside."
 
"Students? Who?"
 
"Those of Sooyoung's company."
 
"What!? Why dont you open the door for them to come in? Haists, Lee Byunghyun!" the lovely doctor quickly got up from his bed and went out to open the door and welcome the kids inside. "Hey! Come in." he called.
 
"Good morning Dr. Yoo!" they cheerfully greeted the doctor.
 
"Come in."
 
Then the kids came in. They sat down on the couch on the living room. Lee Byunghyun who was just standing on the staircase was looking deeply at the twins. The visitors just connive their awkwardness by bowing to him politely. Changhyun just patted his partner to come with him in the room. "Why are they here early in the morning?"
 
"They were here for Yoo Sooyoung. I'll just change and I will prepare our breakfast. Wake up your little princess now."
 
"Dont tell me they will have breakfast with us?"
 
"They always did."
 
"What!?"
 
"Lee Byunghyun, please pick up yourself and face them politely, as an adult?"
 
"As an adult?"
 
"Lee Byunghyun, if you dont, you'll probably end up sleeping on the guess room tonight."
 
"Fine." he then proceeded on changing clothes before going inside Sooyoung's bedroom and wake her up, "Yoo Sooyoung... Yoo Sooyoung..."
 
"Urn...?" the girl stretches her arms before lazily opening her eyes.
 
"Your Papa is preparing breakfast. Your friends are also in here to pick you up."
 
"Ha!?" she rise up like a zombie and searches for her phone. She checked it and found the messages that came from her friends, "Oh my God! This is a shame. I slept without telling goodnight to them, now, I didn't welcome them. Dada, why didn't you wake me up earlier?"
 
"So, its my fault then?"
 
"Dada..."
 
"Come on, better get up and get ready. We'll prepare breakfast."
 
"Okay Dada."
 
They all ate breakfast together. As expected, Sooyoung was really happy to be with her friends again, but Lee Byunghyun's agony just grew so much bigger. He cant stop himself from thinking what and who were the twins are. Everytime he looks at them, there are just two things that always strike him on, first was Yoo Changhyun's attitude similarity and secondly was Choi Minki's toughness.
 
"Hey! You just came back from your vacation, why do you looked like exhausted?" Niel said when Byunghyun visit them at their office.
 
"Its because of Yoo Sooyoung." he said.
 
"Why? Is she broken hearted?"
 
"Where did it comes from? She will never be broken hearted, if so, I will kill the man who'll dump our daughter."
 
"Too protective? If not, why are you like that?"
 
"I dont know. Everytime I will see her friends, most of all the twins they reminding me of Changhyun and Minki together."
 
"Why does Choi Minki's name being dragged in this conversation so suddenly? Dont tell me, for more than ten years that you and Dr. Yoo had comeback together you somehow felt insecurities?"
 
"Its not that. Those kids reminds me of them in a different way. They are like their mini me of that ex couple."
 
"Really? Whats their name?"
 
"Hyunki and Changmin."
 
"No last name?"
 
"I forgot, but I at least know that they are rich and they are always with girl along with their cousins."
 
"Obviously, they were rich because that highschool was meant for rich and smart people Hyung."
 
"Yeah."
 
"So, how are you and Yoo Changhyun doing?"
 
"We're fine. Still stronger, I guess."
 
"Whats the I guess for after that still stronger? Ya, hyung, are you having trouble again? Dont tell me that you've had a mistress while being in Jeju?"
 
"What!? Why you people always think that...! Haists! Of course not!"
 
"They why?"
 
"I felt there was something different after all. Changhyun used to be submissive while I am in Jeju..."
 
"Which is not normal of him..."
 
Byunghyun nodded, "After being that way, he will be some kind of defensive and soft."
 
"Which is troublesome of him..."
 
"It feels like he was into something that I could've known before me. His thoughts are always far away from me whenever I find him alone."
 
"Hyung, since you've found him, he's been like that remember? Only Park Jiyeon knows along with her mother about your little lovely doctor's drama. For more than a decade of being together being submissive to you is not his doing, but maybe he thought he couldn't bare without you after all."
 
"I dont know, but it feels really different."
 
"Whats different?"
 
"I cant point it out."
 
"Then give up. If you dont like to give it up, then ask the subject directly. It can cause problem if you searches for the answer on your own. Knowing Yoo Changhyun, he doesn't want to be investigated or being checked behind his back."
 
Lee Byunghyun just looked at his friend with thoughts.
 
At the school, Yoo Sooyoung gladly showed their photos of vacation to her friends. She always gave them the souvenirs that they bought.
 
"You were so happy, huh?" Gyuri noticed.
 
"Uhum!" the girl nodded.
 
"Your family was really happy. So, what else did you did in there?"
 
"We played on the beach! Dada and I build that always breakable sand castle. Papa always cheers for us whenever me and Dada will have a contest together. We are able to explore the areas around and play on the woods somehow. What about you? You texted that Mr. Choi happened to join you with everyday after school. What do you guys usually do?"
 
"The things we usually do when we're together Youngae replied.
 
"Nothing much do happens, but its special somehow." Hyunki said.
 
"Times with your family is always special right?"
 
"Yeah, maybe you're right."
 
"By the way, I haven't seen that scary tall guy at the entrance earlier. Oppa, did you do something to him?"
 
"I don't! And I dont care if he's there or not. Lets just not think about it."
 
Changmin stands up, "I'll just go out for a moment."
 
"Where are you going?"
 
"Not far. I'll be back."
 
"Fine."
 
Changmin got out of the classroom and walk to the next room, "What are you really trying to do?" he said to the hiding tall guy behind the door.
 
Hwang Minhyuk shamefully gets out and face Choi Changmin, "Im sorry."
 
"You are the SC president and everyone in this school has been respecting you since day 1. Why are you playing low peeking on us like coward antagonist? What do you really want from us?"
 
"I- I'm sorry, I didn't, I didn't mean too. Its just that, I want to see..."
 
"See who? Who you wanted to see? Are you after Yoo Sooyoung? Well, let me tell you this, she's too young for you. Too innocent, too dumb for such relationships like you wanted. And if its true that you wan..." he cut out with an impulsive kiss from the big guy in front of him. For a moment he was lost in it. Minhyuk already pulled out and Changmin's eyes were teary and scared.
 
"Hey... Hey... look, I'm sorry... its just that..." bit like he did to Changmin he was cut, but not with a kiss, but with a kick on his bottom, "OUCH!" before he could say anything else, the guy already run out of the classroom.
 
Changmin was paled as he comes back at their classroom. He wants to control his tears, but when Hyunki and Sooyoung asked him, "What happened to you?" he burst out crying.
 
"Oppa... are you sick? Are you alright? What happened? Oppa..." she caresses its back at the guy was burying his head on his arms that was supported by the arm chair.
 
"Choi Hyunki, what's really happening with you?"
 
"Hyung lets go home..." The sobbing guy said.
 
"Ya, Changmin, the school was not done yet." Gyuri refrained.
 
"Lets just go home!"
 
They were all shocked upon Changmin's sudden drop. There's nothing they can do, but to call Kwak Aron to take them home for the excuse reason. Yoo Sooyoung, for the first time go home without finishing her whole day of school. Inside the car, the younger twin just leaned and put his head against the youngest's shoulder until he fell asleep on the way home.
 
"What happened that you kids suddenly asked me to pick you up?" Aron asked while they were all in the car.
 
"I dont know. Changmin acts so weird when he came back running." Hyunki answered.
 
"Where did he gone?"
 
"We dont know." Gyuri replied.
 
"Oh God! You teenagers are going to make me crazy."
 
"Mr. Kwak..." Sooyoung called almost whispering.
 
"Hrn?"
 
"Can you please lower your voice? Changmin oppa was sleeping. I think we better let him have rest on the way home."
 
And everybody goes silent in just a snap. When they arrived, the butler carried Changmin on his back up to his room. Yoo Sooyoung was the one to cover him up, but when she's about to go, "Sooyoung... Yoo Sooyoung..." Changmin called him with his eyes half opened.
 
"Oppa, are you alright?"
 
He nods, "Can you stay a bit? Her, sit beside me."
 
She nods and obey what they boy was requesting. Changmin holds her hand before closing his eyes.
 
"I'm afraid."
 
"About what oppa?"
 
"About earlier."
 
"Are you going to tell me what happened to you?"
 
He silent himself.
 
"Its okay. I wont force you to tell it to me."
 
"Sooyoung..."
 
"Hm?"
 
"Somebody kissed me earlier." and he buries his face half on the cover letting go of the girl's hand.
 
"Huh!?"
 
"Dont shout it."
 
"Im sorry. Why didnt you tell us before? If its about it, we can talked to that girl and asked her why did she do it? By the way, did she confess to you before kissing you? If so, maybe she thinks that you like her too thats why..."
 
"She's not a she, but a he..."
 
Sooyoung pauses a moment looking at the guy lying on the bed.
 
"Sooyoung, hey, Yoo Sooyoung." he was shaking her a bit to wake his friend who was stunned. He then sat up facing her, "Please dont tell them. Hyung will surely search for that guy and start troubling him."
 
"But, but its not right to... how did he kissed you? Who kisses you?"
 
"That... can you keep a secret?"
 
She nodded in agreement.
 
He breathes deeply before saying, "The SC president."
 
Sooyoung's eyes widened like it was going to popped out of her head.
 
"Yoo Sooyoung, keep a secret, alright? Please, Im begging you. Dont tell it to anybody." he pleaded as he was holding Yoo Sooyoung's hands.
 
The girl put up a smile before answering, "I will keep it a secret. I promise." she then raised her right hand as a sign of deal.
 
"Thank you."
 
"Uhm... oppa..."
 
"Eh?"
 
"Can I ask a question?"
 
"You already did."
 
"Oppa..." she glared.
 
He laughs, "Okay, what is it?"
 
"Why are you afraid to let Hyunki oppa to learn about what happened? He's your brother, furthermore, he's your twin brother."
 
"Because I know what he can do. When we were in Boston, this thing happened to me too. A white guy captured me inside the podium, and kissed me straightly. Hyung witnessed it and he growled in anger. Though that guy was taller then him, he snatched the moment by kicking it on his bottom and beat it like he was going to leave him to pulp. I was really afraid that time. To think about it, that guy was our senior too in our school."
 
"I cant imagine how big that man was and how small oppa could be?"
 
Choi Changmin laughs, "Of course, he's really small compare to that guy. We are only 13 then and he was 18. To think about it, since then, those guys are literally feared to be near us, most of all to me, but I dont like it, because I lost many of my friends then. They thought that my brother was a crazy devoted sibling that will beat anybody who'll come close to me. I dont want hyung to be the center of talks in a bad light."
 
"You really love your brother. I envy both of you."
 
"Why?"
 
"Because you have one another. You have someone to fall onto without breaking your bones. You have somebody you can rely on at any moment. I was really happy to be part of this friendship. I was happy to be your friend."
 
"We are also happy to have you by our side and always be with us as a friend. It will be better if you could be a real sister. I would love that I guess..."
 
"There's Gyuri and Youngae and..." the affectionate talks between Sooyoung and Changmin grows deeper without noticing that Hyunki was just right outside the bedroom door who had heard everything. He had his fist closed to madness and his eyes were into black like he was going to break every one who'll come near him.
 
So much anger had get him, Choi Hyunki then made his way without any notice to the people inside the house back to school. He takes a cab on his own and will do his way. When he arrived at the highschool, he quickly get in and searches for the president who was at the SC hall alone, "Can I have a talk with you, Mr. SC president?"
 
"Choi Hyunki... well, just give me a second."
 
"Face me at the warehouse at the back of the school." he then left without hearing anything from Hwang Minhyuk.
 
The president wanted to say something, but he didnt had his chance. His heart beat goes faster and faster as the clock ticks in his ears. He knows what he had done to the man's twin brother, and he knows that what will they talk about was about it. He made his way on the warehouse, as he enters and closes the door and locked it, the light goes on and a sudden attack as soon as he face the direction hit him on his abdomen that made him fall down.
 
"Such a low blow." as expected, it is what Choi Hyunki who kicked the top student. Another punch had launch in its face that only bury him down more.
 
"Why are you doing this?"
 
"You think. You have such nice grades, right? A scholar. A model student. But a ert!" he then kick him on the face that made Minhyuk bleed from his chin.
 
"I'm sorry. I didnt mean to..." but he only got another blow on his stomach and he only curls on pain.
 
"You didnt mean what? To kiss my brother like that?" his anger only grows so he pulled the man on the ground by it colar and dragged it back by smashing its back on the floor that made the man coughed harder like he was having a hard time to breath. "Does it hurts? Huh? Huh? What? Does it!?" he kick him again.
 
Minhyuk was just crawling his body to stand up, but as he do it, Hyunki will put him down by stepping at his back harder.
 
"You want to die? If so, let me grant you the death you wanted. Hey, Hwang Minhyuk, my brother is not a toy. Kissing him then saying sorry because you didn't mean it? I guess you really want to die." and he pump the man again with punch and kicks on its body that only put more traces of blood.
 
As he was being beaten up, Minhyuk couldn't help, but to let the man do it. He knew his fault and he felt he deserves it more than anyone. He knew he had hurt Choi Changmin, because he left him crying. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." he cried. "Im sorry, I did it because..."
 
"Because what!? Tell me! Tell me why did you make my brother cry!?"
 
"I kissed him because I like him a lot!" Minhyuk finally confesses his feelings to Hyunki that made the guy stop from beating him harder. "I like him since the first time I met him in Boston. I like him a lot that I always wished that I could see him again though I thought I knew it was impossible somehow." Hyunki let go of his shirt, but he stayed sitting on the top of the knocked out man.
 
"How did you met my brother?"
 
"It was almost ten years ago. I was lost on the seminar grounds and he helped me. Since then, I always wanted to see him. Thats why when I saw him again, I always seek for a chance to be closed to him, but when I finally did, he just hated me."
 
"I cant blame him. You're coward." he then stood up and fix his clothe. "You know what to do after this." and he stepped back and turn to leave.
 
Minhyuk strives hard to sit up as he crawls on his painful body, "Should I stay away from him?" he asked as he leaned himself on something inside the room.
 
"Just watch your back everytime you do." Choi Hyunki leave the guy on its own without any care.
 
Minhyuk was really left in pain that made him grabbed for his phone to call for help. He was found by his co- counselors. They brought him at the hospital and his aunt guided him as the doctors attended to him at the same hospital where Dr. Yoo were duty. Changhyun was visiting his new patients in the ward where the student was staying for a while. He saw its uniform that made him attend to the guy.
 
"You from that school?" Dr. Yoo asked.
 
"Yes Doc. Why?" Seonyoung, Minhyuk aunty asked.
 
"Well, because my daughter was also attending the same school. What happened? Why are you here?"
 
"He was beaten by anonymous, who he didnt want to tell us the names." Dr. Shin said from behind.
 
"You didn't know who? I didn't know that there are delinquents on that school. Why dont you tell it to the school head? Bullies shouldn't be spoiled."
 
"You wouldn't say that if you know who is he..." he whispered to himself.
 
"Alright, I bet I have to go. Dr. Shin, please take good care of him." Changhyun said.
 
"I will." she answered before Changhyun finally leaves.
 
At the mansion, Hyunki's hands and clothes were spotted with bloods and his fist were blistered with bruises for excessive punching. Yoo Sooyoung joined them for dinner along with Choi Minki. Like any father, Minki noticed those bruises.
 
"What happened to your hands?" the pretty father asked.
 
Unaware, Changmin and the girls looked at the same side where the wounds are seen.
 
"Choi Hyunki, I'm asking you."
 
"Nothing Dad. I just accidentally hit the bathroom floor when I slide down from the tub."
 
"What? Are you sure you're fine? Should we go to the hospital to have a check up?" his father said.
 
Choi Changmin scanned the hand deeply from his sit. He's sure that it wasn't about falling on the floor. That wounds came from beating something using its fist. For some reason, after everyone else goes to rest, Changmin sneak in to his brother's room, though he was unsure what he wanted to find inside that place. He then examine his brother's fist and aid it silently. Thanks to Choi Hyunki's heavy sleeping habits, he wasn't corrupted by the stingy feeling from the treatment. "Tsh, what has gotten to you? Where did you came from?" he then thought of what happened that same afternoon, "Could it be... he knew? No. Thats impossible. Sooyoung was with me until he came back. So, how?"
I made a promise to update this story everyday right? So I will live by the promise by ading one chapter today. Hope you guys love this one... thank you for suppoerting such a wild dreamer like me... well, I have a lot of time because I resigned from my work...  XD yes I did, yes I did!