Chapter 19

Status: Complicated!?

 

Yoo Changhyun goes bavk to the hospital to look after Choi Minki. When he entered the room, he saw the patient already sitting on the bed and looking nowhere. "Hey." he said as he approached the bed side and sit down.
 
"I thought you already goes home."
 
"Yes, I did."
 
"Then why are you here?"
 
"I just got spare clothes for me and for you."
 
"You went to my house? Are the kids still awake?"
 
"Aron said they are sleeping in their rooms."
 
"You didn't check them up?"
 
"Why?"
 
"Changmin usually stays awake to wait for me. He sits down on my office or in the library until I came. Hyunki will stay watching movies or tv until he passed out sleeping on the floor. They used to be quiet, but it doesn't mean they were sleeping."
 
Changhyun smiled.
 
"What?"
 
"Nothing. I wished I knew those facts that you were telling me now."
 
"They were sleeping at your house, how could you not know? Surely, your son was waiting for you until you came home and the one was watching movies on his own."
 
"The truth? I dont. Because when they are sleeping at the house, its either Mama will be left for them to take care of them or I will left them on their own in the middle of the night because of hospital emergency. So, when I came back home its either they're eating breakfast or they're already gone for their daily plans."
 
"Hey, dont be troubled about it. I was thinking, why dont you comes back at the mansion and tell them the truth, since they were eager to know who my ex husband was."
 
"Choi Minki, tell me the truth. Are you trying to push me away? Or you're punishing me for leaving you?"
 
"Both?" and he just glared at the doctor before going back lying to his bed and cover himself facing the other side.
 
"You, what are you really trying to do? If you're that tired then have a rest. If you're irritated then say. If you're not both, then shut up and stop talking non- sense."
 
"Where did your scar came from?" the pretty man asked out of nowhere not even facing the utter.
 
Yoo Changhyun's words were all delivered into silence when he heard that question. He wasn't sure of what he will answer or should he answer the question honestly. He was grabbing the sheets of the bed as he balled his hand, "Better sleep. You need to have a rest if you want to be discharge tomorrow."
 
"Will you stay for the night?"
 
"Thats why I got some clothes, right?"
 
"Fine."
 
"Hey."
 
"What?"
 
"Your face should be in this way."
 
"Why?"
 
"I wouldn't see if you are sleeping or not. Face this way."
 
"I dont want."
 
"You will if you dont want me to flip you."
 
That irritates Minki and drove himself to sit up, "Why are you always like this!?"
 
"Like what?"
 
"You always want to get what you wanted, but you never listen to what I am saying!"
 
"I always listen to you, thats why we divorced right?"
 
That silence Choi Minki.
 
"I guess we're done with those times that I have to spoiled you in everything you wanted. We're exes now so, I'll do it my way, not yours."
 
"So, you're telling me that you're here because thats what you wanted? You're kidding me, right?"
 
"If Im kidding then maybe I didn't comeback when I left you here earlier."
 
"Really? You know you shouldn't be here. You have someone waiting for you in your home. You should be there and not here. What are you really trying to prove?"
 
"I have nothing to prove!"
 
"Then leave."
 
"Choi Minki... what is this? All of a sudden?"
 
"Because you are not what I am thinking off! You always do this, do that, doing everything you wanted without telling me the reason why! I was fine without you. I was fine thinking that you'll never come back since we divorce. I was fine knowing that you wont bear any worry about me, but then you break everything again! You break my wall and my beliefs about you. You're always breaking something that secures me. You're always like that... you're always that way..." he sobbed crying again. "You're always messing with my pace and my plans. In just a short time since we meet again, you had me rolling for you. And I am stupid enough to let you in my life again."
 
"So, thats the reason. You're being agitated by your anger to me. Choi Minki, there's no reason for you to get mad at yourself for I am always near you again. Its not like I will hurt you and leave you just like that. Think of what Im doing is because you were the father of my children."
 
"You should be a father to them, and not a care taker of their father. After this, leave me alone. Dont ever come near me again. Dont ever talk to me either its for the children or for anything else. Just be without me, as you always live without me."
 
"Minki, sleep now. Just like earlier and everything else, I will let this pass... again." the doctor was trying to control his temper, "Go back to your sleep. You need it."
 
"Dr. Yoo!"
 
"I said sleep!" he said angrily. He gazed at the patient with such pained expression and madness.
 
"Fine." Choi Minki obeyed the very pissed off doctor. He lie down silently.
 
Yoo Changhyun just watched over his sleeping husband's face as he holds his hands. "Whats happening? I know what you're talking about. I supposedly out of here. Out of your life. Honestly, I know what are you feeling, but since I met you for another chance, I cant let go of your hands anymore. Maybe I'm guilty, but so much for the part that I just wanted to stay with you. I'm a sinner. I'm cradling a man who loves me, but I used to leave him alone because of you. Choi Minki, can we stay like this for little while? Cant you really bare my existence anymore since then?" he talk inside his confused mind.
 
When the morning comes, Dr. Han, the chief doctor of the hospital cleared Choi Minki for discharge. Before going, Changhyun talked to Dr. Shin about something, "Hey, have you know something from the chief?"
 
"Got nothing. I haven't had my chance to chit chat with him last night."
 
"Try again. I just wanted to know what they have been talking about before Choi Minki fainted."
 
"Fine, but in return, can you please tell me whats happening between you and Mr. Choi? Because I am being a sacrificial lamb in your game, lovely Dr. Yoo. I want to understand everything."
 
"Deal. I'll tell you everything, but for now, cover up for me."
 
"Okay, okay. Its as if theres anything else I can do."
 
"When Lee Byunghyun comes here and Im still out, tell him Im just having an outdoor meeting."
 
"Another writer's scratch."
 
"Dr. Shin Eunhye! Please, Im counting on you."
 
"Fine, I will Master Yoo Changhyun!"
 
"Thank You. Thank you." and he hugged the lady doctor which Minki witnessed.
 
"Mr. Choi, Im glad you're already fine."
 
"Thank you. Dr. Yoo, I need to go home."
 
"Yes, I'll drive you home, Mr. Chairman."
 
"Bye Dr. Shin."
 
"Bye sir."
 
On their way to the mansion, Byunghyun called Yoo Changhyun which happened to be an open conversation which everything will be heard by the doctor's passenger, "Good morning hyung! Had a nice morning?"
 
"Yeah, sort off. The kids just left off for their school today. They said they ate breakfast, but they still sat down with us so the foods are done. Well, Its kinda great for us."
 
"That was a nice continuation for your hospitality, Mr. Lee."
 
"Well, its like the twins are still not in contact with each other while we're having breakfast. Even Mama saw that grim between them." hearing that from the phone surprised Choi Minki who looked incredibly innocent with whats happening to his sons.
 
Changhyun just holds Minki hand, "What? Why dont you asked them?"
 
"Thats what I wanted to tell you."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Uhm, I was planning an out of town picnic for the kids. I mean, I think they are too burnt out thats why they are getting each other clearly. I mean, when a person's body and mind is all tired for doing so much things all day, they probably had a hard time to take another word and understand it very well. Maybe, they just needed a rest. Even Yoo Sooyoung seemed to be stressed with whats happening and so as the other girls."
 
"Okay. I'll think about it and maybe I can talk to them personally this weekend."
 
"In that case, I think I will go visit Chunji in the site this Friday so I can be with you this weekend."
 
"Thats a good idea. Okay, hyung, is that all?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Im sorry, I was currently driving so I cant take this conversation far."
 
"Where are you going?"
 
"Just had an off site meeting."
 
"Okay, take care. Bye."
 
"Bye." and the doctor immediately push the drop call button. "Everything will be alright."
 
"They are fighting, and I didn't know that."
 
"How would you know if it just happened yesterday where in you're in the hospital, fainted?"
 
"Just yesterday?"
 
"They seemed fine the other day, but last night, Byunghyun told me that there are heavy air between the twins. They are not talking, so he was worried about them. The girls are getting affected by that, thats why."
 
"What could possibly the reason why?"
 
When they arrived at the mansion, Minki walk faster to talk to his butler, "Aron, Kwak Aron!"
 
"Hey, hey, Choi Minki, would you relax?" Changhyun said.
 
"How could I? I want to know whats happening with my kids."
 
"They're mine too."
 
"Master, Master Im glad that you're fine now."
 
"Did Hyunki and Changmin had fight last night?"
 
"No. No, but they separately goes to their room quietly. Even the girls are all seemed to be feeling down."
 
"Do you know what could possibly happened?" the doctor said
 
"Im sorry Master Changhyun, but even Youngae doesn't want to answer me."
 
"Thats impossible!" the pretty one exclaimed.
 
"Master...?"
 
"He's just stressed. Choi Minki would you please be in your room and relax. I'll take it from here. Maybe hyung was right, they were just too stressed..."
 
"Why would I need to what he has been saying?"
 
"Choi Minki..."
 
"Why should I listen to your lover's opinion?! They are my kids and I know them better and I will be the one to make them up and not anybody else."
 
"What are you..."
 
"No. No, Im not going to let your lover to take care of children. I'll be the one to help them make up, and not Lee Byunghyun!"
 
"Is this still about the kids or your pride!? Because however you put it, you're getting irrational."
 
"Whatever you say, I will not let my children be handled by anybody who just appeared because he was a lover of their father."
 
"Choi Minki, Im their father. If I do have someone else to my life, then they better accept him as they accepted me. Beside, it isnt like me and Byunghyun were going to take them away from you. We are talking about their misunderstanding. Thats the only reason why we wanted them to have meeting with us and nothing else. What are you fearing about!?"
 
"If you want to do that, then stay here. Tell them the truth and lets face them as their parents, than you face them with somebody else's beside you."
 
"The hell Minki!"
 
"Yes its like hell! If you want to stay like my sons' friend's father, then dont interfere with our issue. I dont want them to get any bad idea about you and me. And I dont want them to be mold by any others words."
 
"You're fearing too much."
 
"I dont care. Just let me be and my sons fix this inside this house and not anybody else." and the pretty chairman just dashed up out of the scene and went all the way inside his room. He banged the door and he cried to himself down to his bed talking to himself, "Im sorry... Im sorry, but there's nothing else I can do. Theres no other easy way, but to turn you away. I cant find any good reason. I cant let you in my life again. I cant, I cant. No matter what I've learn about you from the past, I just have to let you go."
 
Downstairs, Dr. Yoo just sit himself down on the couch while Aron accompanied him, "Whats happening with Choi Minki? We're fine. We're fine before we had a vacation last week. Suddenly, this? This? Kwak Aron, is there anything wrong that I needed to know?"
 
"I dont know if I have to tell you what you dont really know." he whispered.
 
"What?"
 
"Eh? Nothing. I said, I guess you should need a little space. Would you like to have something? You can have yourself a rest Master Changhyun, since this is also your home." and the butler took his leave.
 
Changhyun then stands up and he doesn't feel to leave the mansion that time. He is out of energy and he cant think clearly. Wondering all about whats happening to his ex husband. He wanted to understand everything. He wanted to reach the center of everything. Choi Minki was acting so weird, and its not so natural of him. Though they parted, Changhyun can still see the same man he once marry. They have been good with each other for a month since they meet again. Above all that, he can still smile about his relationship with Lee Byunghyun. Choi Minki wasn't a naturally born narrow minded person, unless there is something budding the man.
 
To reduce his tension being alone, Changhyun then take a tour around the house. He rove around the garden, the kitchen, the new house being built beside the mansion, the entertainment room and the library. He thought of all the memories he once created and still living in his mind to those places. Inside the library, he touches the books randomly until he approached the part where in the old papers are situated and its turning yellowish. "What is this doing here? I thought Minki was workaholic pretty businessman." he then took the papers in pile and pit it down on the table as he also sat down. He doesn't know what he was really doing, but then he felt like he wanted to loosen up doing something unusual.
 
Being Choi Minki's husband is not easy for Changhyun then because he doesn't really know what his husband was doing during the time when he was at his office as early as a teenager. Being trained to be a chairman is not easy for Minki, and that is something that Changhyun understands very well. He cannot contest with the time for business for his own sake. This time, he wanted to understand Choi Minki more than ever. He thought to himself that maybe, the pretty man was in the middle of something pressurizing that is why he's acting so weird. Page by page he scanned the papers. He read it one by one, until he reached the pages of same printed words.
 
It was a form, its all forms for the same kind of reason, divorce. He was wondering what it was doing there. He then looked for the end of the divorce papers and he almost fainted when he recognized that last one. The year and the signs on that paper were the things when he thought he already lost everything. That was the time he thought to himself that he abandoned somebody who was just about to die. It was the last form that he saw before Choi Minki and him parted ways. "What is this doing here?" he asked to himself shaking.
 
A sudden noise breaks the silence, it was Hyoyoung who was holding a tray of drinks and food, "Excuse me master. I bought you something to eat. Here." she said as she lay down the tray on the table an unbelievable coldness frozen her when looked at the man.
 
"Hyoyoung..."
 
"Y- yes Master?"
 
"Where's Kwak Aron?"
 
"He was at the construction site. Should I call him?"
 
"Yes, please do."
 
"I will Master."
 
Not that long, after Hyoyoung had left, Aron has arrived at the library. He found Yoo Changhyun holding a paper. Though its still a few step away from where the doctor was sitting, he already knew what he wanted to know. "Master..."
 
"How long have you know about this?"
 
Aron just gulped.
 
"Kwak Aron, I'm asking you. How long have you knew about this?"
 
"Since, since the first time he gave you that paper, Master."
 
Changhyun froze himself on his chair trying to control his tears.
 
"Master, I'm..."
 
"How long you and your master will try to deceive me about this? If I didn't met him again, would I'd be able to hear the truth from both of you? Or I will die without knowing the truth?"
 
"I am not supposedly the one to answer your questions Master. I just did what I am ordered."
 
"But why?" the doctor's tears cannot be held back, "Why do you have to be part of this thing Aron? You're an honest person, why don't you tell me the truth? Did you ever know how painful it was for me to leave Choi Minki like that? Have you ever had any idea of how much I endure those sleepless nights because I was worried about your pretty master? Thinking, no, I can't go back to him since I inked that stupid divorce paper. No, I can't be near him because I am ashamed of myself signing that divorce paper because my husband doesn't want me to be there while he was fighting for his life. I can't... I can't because it was a shame for someone like me to left him in that situation!"
 
"But you can go back even though you thought he was just an ex lover right, Master?"
 
Changhyun looked at him with curling eyebrows trying to listen to the butler carefully.
 
"When you and Lee Byunghyun parted ways, he always stays by your side, though it hurts. He always stays near you though its not right. Not that long, you are able to bring even just a little of that past as friends to each other, even just a good friends. When you and Master Minki both signed that divorce paper, I thought to myself that you will stay beside him even after signing the paper, because thats how good you are as a person. I thought to myself, everything will be back to normal once my masters wont let go of each other hands, but I was wrong."
 
"What are you trying to say?"
 
"When I saw you at the hospital that day, remember? You told me to take care of Master Minki no matter what. You even asked me to used the surrogacy method to make him fight for his life and live. Master Changhyun, that day, I thought that you will be back on his side, but you never showed up."
 
"Because he wont accept me."
 
"Liar, you know very well that he was waiting for you all those times. You thought that I didn't know that you were hiding from my sight watching over him? Of course I do know, I do know that you are there, but it was just another mere shadow that the patient cannot be noticed. Master Choi Minki needed you in the flesh, no matter what position you two have. I thought then that you will be there by his side watching the twins grow. I thought it will be like you and Lee Byunghyun who reincarnated the friendship between each other, but I hoped for nothing then."
 
"If you told me whats happening then I will stay. I will be staying and it will not be this complicated!"
 
"If you stay without any other reason than you wanted to take care of him and not because of a paper, then it will not take an 18 years time for you to learn that you and him was not separated or legally divorce. Sometimes Master, a person who wanted to stay doesn't need any reason to stay, he just stay. Just like your lover, Lee Byunghyun."
Wazzup dock? LOLz... gaining so much from being a free girl.... kekeke... this chapter... well i dont know what was I thinking and I have to do it this way for this one....