Chapter 2

By Your Side

 

Sehun sighed, a week had passed since he had awoken, blind. He had watched his friends, his hyungs, debut as EXO. He no longer had any tears to cry, and wished them well. He refused to watch any of their teasers, music videos, nothing. He couldn't bear it, he should have debuted with them. It wasn't his fault that he couldn't see.

Sehun!” A cheerful voice called out.

He smiled to himself, turning his face toward the sound.

Rina!” he said happily, staring unseeingly at the wall next to you.

Sorry I haven't been here often, but I'm finally free!”

Leaving your best friend in the hospital...Only visiting once....” He huffed and turned away from you.

I'm sorrryyyy! Forgive me?” You pleaded with him, smiling.

Heh, why should I?” He asked, hiding his smile.

Because....I brought bubble tea~” You took his hand and put the cup into his hand.

Don't think your forgiven!” He said, silently cursing the fact he couldn't see. He held the straw with his hand, and guided it towards his mouth.

You giggled and happily sipped your own bubble tea.

So...how was their debut?” He asked calmly, a hint of bitterness in his voice.

Good,” You replied hesitantly.

Just good?” he asked, a hint of a challenge in his voice. “Not great? I thought that since Lu hyung is in it...you would go crazy,”

Well-”

Your love, Luhan. Is he really that great?” He asked scathingly.

What's the matter Sehun?” You asked, confused.

He scoffed. “Everything’s the matter! I can't see, unlike perfect Luhan. The Luhan you love so much. Why don't you just go spend time with him instead of me?”

Sehun! Stop...” You looked at him. “This isn't like you...”

Maybe this is how I have been this whole time.” He shook his head, feeling sorry for himself. Why did he have to be blind? Why him! He lost his chance of achieving his dream, why not someone else?

Sehun!” You called out firmly, snapping him back to reality.

I- I'm sorry,” he said, ashamed,

It's fine...” You hesitated for a moment. “Sehun, what's the matter about me and Luhan? We aren't even dating, it's just a one sided crush.”

Nothing,” He looked away. “I get discharged tomorrow. Want to do something after?”

You thought for a moment. “Oh! Sorry! Me and Luhan where planning to go to Myeongdong tomorrow!”

Figures. Anyway, I want to sleep now. Bye,” He said as he pulled the blanket over him and felt for the small drawer next to his hospital bed. He set the bubble tea on top and closed his eyes and you silently backed out of the room. Luhan, Luhan, Luhan! What about me? Can't you see what you mean to me?!

He sighed and fell asleep.

He woke up, unwilling to open his eyes. Trading darkness for darkness. The only difference was that one was self inflicted while the other....he didn't want. There was nothing more that he wanted than to be able to open his eyes and see, to really see. With every passing day he forgot a little about what it felt to see. In the course of one short week he had started to get adjusted to the darkness and it scared him.

Sehun! “ Chanyeol's voice rang out, shocking him.

Hyung?” He called out, blindly looking at the front.

I'm here too!” Suho called out.

Me too!” Lay said in accented Korean.

EXO-M where in Korea, so the rest of them went out. But they all want to meet up with you later Sehun!” Suho said excitedly.

Sehun nodded, his mood going down as he realized that Luhan wasn't here because he was with Rina. And Rina, leaving him for someone who could see, someone with no imperfections. He scowled, and stood.

Let's go.” He said as he grabbed the clothes that Suho had handed to him, and he headed to the bathroom to change. He held onto the wall, searching for the bathroom door. He bumped into the door and cursed. Chanyeol silently took his arm and guided him into the bathroom. Sehun growled in frustration, he couldn't even walk into the bathroom without help. With difficulty he removed the hospital clothes and put on the shirt Suho had given him. He sighed as he realized that the shirt must be backwards, it felt too tight around the neck. He removed it and put it on again, this time correctly. He then put on his pants, and walked out.

Ready?” Chanyeol asked, and Sehun nodded. The four of them slowly made their way down to the lobby of the hospital, as he refused anyone's help. He was determined to walk on his own. Once he had checked out, Chanyeol had taken his arm by force and led him to the car. Sehun hesitated a bit before entering the car, but steeled himself and got on. Soon, they where on their way to meet up with the rest of the EXO members.