Chapter 1

By Your Side

 

 

Sehun jerked, his whole body flailing. Smoke rose through the air and he rose unsteadily to his feet. He struggled to take one step, his knees buckling under him.He fell as the car exploded, the bright light leaving him in darkness. He closed his eyes, slipping into unconsciousness.

Sehun opened his eyes, the world around him dark. He could barely make out anything, all he saw where shadows. His heart sped up as he started to panic. He looked around him, seeing nothing but outlines in the darkness.

“Hey guys! Sehun's awake!” A familiar voice called out. Chanyeol? Sehun looked toward the source of the sound, hoping to see Yeollie's reassuring smile. Nothing. He cried out in frustration.

“What's the matter? Someone call the doctor!” Another voice, this time sounding like Luhan.

“On it!” Sehun heard Minseok this time. He closed his eyes, wishing this was all a dream, an illusion. He refused to believe that he couldn't see. He reasoned with himself, this must be a temporary aftereffect of the accident. The accident... what had happened? He didn't remember much, all he could recall was a blinding light. Anything other than that was hazy, his head hurt just thinking about it.

“The doctors coming Sehun!” A worried voice said. Suho. Sehun recognized the voice instantly. The doctor walked in, and Sehun heard the sound of rustling paper.

“D-doctor,” Sehun struggled to say, his voice cracking. “W-what happened?”

The doctor paused for a moment, Sehun clenched his fist in apprehension. “Do you remember anything?” The doctor asked, his voice coming from the side.

“Not really,” Sehun paused for a moment. “A-am I okay?”

“Can you see?” The doctor asked, his voice coming from a different spot this time.

Sehun looked around for where the voice was coming from, looking at a random spot. He strained, trying to see. “No.” he whispered, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't see anything but shadows. “W-will my eyesight return???” He questioned, scared of the answer. More ruffling papers, and the doctor took what seemed to be ages to respond.

“I'm sorry-”

“Are you telling me my eyesight will never return?!” Sehun's voice grew louder as his anger grew. “I can't- I can't be blind!”

“At the moment, there is nothing you can do. However, you are extremely lucky, as you have no other major injuries and should be released in a week” The doctors voice was firm and reassuring, and Sehun began to calm down.

“But- but this means...I won't be able to debut..” Sehun's voice trailed off as he realized that he wouldn't debut, tears starting to fall from his sightless eyes.

“It's okay Sehun!” Luhan's calm voice sounded from beside him. Sehun shook his head, he couldn't believe that the numerous years he spent as a trainee would be brushed aside just like that. Unable to debut now, unable to debut later. There would be no way his company would allow him to debut like this, blind. He was useless. He couldn't see, he couldn't do anything. He screamed, letting out all his frustration. (A/N sorry for the super short chapter! This is my first story(well a oneshot xD) and I'm extremely unfamiliar with aff. So i ended up writing a very short chapter!)