PIggyback rides and A Night Talk

Wow, You Make Me Feel Insane

Ilhoon’s POV

I didn’t think I’d run into  Choon Hee when I got too the apartment cause I got off later than she would thankfully I don’t have school in the morning unlike her.

Though when I entered the elevator there she is looking like she’s ready to pass out.

“Choon Hee, are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m just tired,” her answer is simple enough.

“If you're tired lean on me,” I tell her.

I simply stand there expecting her to lean up against the wall. I mean we maybe close now but not that close.

She slides over too my side and wraps her arms around my arm as she leans her head on my shoulder.

“This is nice,” she whispers then says, “I’m so tired.”

I chuckle as I let her lean on me until we reach our floor.

I sigh when she’s putting almost all her weight on me.

I sigh as I maneuver her so she’s facing my back as I squat down a bit.

As I try to pull her on my back she simply leans on it shaking her head, “I”m fine.”

I sigh as I try to lift her onto my back only for her too hit my head, “No, I said I’m fine.”

“Choon Hee we still a few feet until we reach our apartment where we need too type in the code, take off our shoes, get you too your room…. so tell me are you really passing off a piggy back ride?”

She sighs as she nods her head into my back, “Alright.”

I smile slightly glad that she can’t see the look on my face and how happy I am too be holding her even if it’s like this again.

I walk all the way too our apartment and type in the code and as I finish typing it I notice that I have a bit more dead weight on my back.

I sigh as I carefully take off my shoes keeping Choon Hee on my back.

As I enter her room I carefully sit on her bed and let go of her legs.

I turn back too make sure she’s lying on her bed as I let go of her legs slowly and stand up.

I kneel down too pull off her shoes and toss them near her closet, then I manuevur her so she’s lying properly on her bed under her blanket all tucked in.

I smile at her leaning over too give her a kiss on her forehead before I leave her room.

I look behind me as I make my way too my own room. I don’t sleep instead I pull out a lap top and play a game.

I hear crying coming from Choon Hee’s room again.

This has happened a few times, but tonight is a bit different.

Tonight when I open her door she’s awake.

“Choon Hee, are you alright?”

She shakes her head, “I had a dream of my father again.”

“What do you mean?”

She sighs when she looks at me, “My biological father had left my mother for another woman when I was a little girl and I always seem too have a dreams of times where all I wished for was my father’s strong arms so he could hold me up. I heard he’s from Seoul.”

“Do you know what he looks like?”

She nods as a sad smile appears on her lips.

She leans over to her bedside table to open a draw to pull something out of it.

She hands me a picture of a man in his early 20’s. I take it from her and sit down on the bed next to her.

“He’s pretty handsome,” I tell her without thinking much.

She nods her head, “Yeah, he is. He was also really kind.”

“Do you have any recent photos of him?”

She shakes her head, “The latest I have is from the day he left…. It was my birthday and he left that night talking about seeing some other woman. Though when i walked into the room he said he’d be right back. Men are not too be trusted.”

I feel like she had just slapped me and I think she saw it on my face.

“I didn’t mean that… at least I don’t think that anymore.”

“Really?”

She nods her head, “Yeah… a 2 males have shown me that not all males are to be mistrusted.”

“Really? Who are they?” I ask her.

“There’s you and another boy from our school that had always helped me.”

I feel cruel since she thinks that her ‘knight’ is someone else, but really it’s me.

“What’s so great about me?”

Damn why the frickity dink did I just ask her the stupid question?

She smiles, “You’re not that big of a jerk that I thought you too be. Instead you are pretty caring and have a great sense of humor. We have quite a bit in common even though I still think at times are couldn’t be anymore diffrent. You’re a decent enough cook, you just need more practice...” I smile as she seems to be naming off a few other things only too say, “I’m sorry I was mean too you for so long.”

I stop as I look over at her, “It’s okay. You had a bit of a right to… right?”

She shakes her head, “No… I didn’t. I mean I hated you cause you and your friends were so flashy at times in school. Then you turned down my friend too gie your hyung a letter.. Yet now that I stop too think I never really had the right too hate you like I did.”

I stop too think that maybe she likes me a bit more than what she’s saying.

Still I have too see what she has too say about the ‘other’ guy, “What of this other guy, this knight of yours?”

“I’m not sure… really. Whne I would get hurt he was always there for me. He always wrote me letters…. Letters that he thought I’d never respond too. He was almost like a pen pal. He had his ways too make me smile. He was like a guardian angel for me back in school. When we graduated I had found this place and found somewhere too leave letters too chat with him, but he’s never answered me… I wonder if he’s the 1 taking the letters or some random stranger is.”She looks down, “I haven’t been there for 2 weeks though so maybe he has written back too me.”

I have.. I’ve written 4 letters too you in the last 2 weeks. I’ve left them in the small storage box in the train station that you got for we could still write… Even though now I live with you.

I sigh when she goes quiet only too look over too see that the fragile and bull headed girl had fallen asleep again in the middle of our conversation…

I smile againa nd lean over too kiss her forehead. I’m too tired knowing the time to walk to my room so I happily curl up next to her going under 1 sheet of her 3 sheets on her bed.

I wrap my arms around her with some issues.

She moves in her sleep pushing the blankets away from us causing me too sigh and crawl in under all the blankets to wrap my arms around her again.

She lets go a relaxed sigh as she moves in her sleep too face me.

I smile as I reach up with 1 of my hands and trace her face memorizing every feature.

She smiles more in her sleep moving towards my hand.

I can’t stop myself from cupping her cheek with my free hand and bring her face closer to mine as I give her a chaste peck on the lips.

I hold my breathe when she moves… only to have her move closer to me.

I smile as she buries her head into my chest causing me to smile like some love struck fool that I am.

I stare at her beautiful sleeping face as I feel myself fall into a deep slumber.

 

Through the night I dream of Choon Hee as I always seem to do lately.

This dream is of when I first laid eyes on her and how I noticed her beauty though she was an outsider, because of her reluctance to speak Korean to others. Instead she would speak English more so too spite people.

I had always found it funny though I didn’t and still don't’ understand her very well.

I should have her teach me English so I can better myself.

Moments of when I started to become fascinated with her for more than her looks.

Like when I first noticed how great her kindness and caring reaches too everyone she would meet.

She was kind to everyone until she was given a reason to hate or at least distrust them. Not that I think of it even after showing her distaste too the groups of the school even BTOB she never really showed hate too us until I somehow gave her a reason by turning her friend’s request down.

Choon Hee even though she never really rubbed her intelligence in other’s face she is rather bright person. She was on top of our class with no help of cram school though to make others feel better of themselves she started too take some just to show she was working hard on everything her self.

Choon Hee is strong and she showed this too the school when she had flipped a boy over her shoulder when he was harassing her. Though she was in taekwondo for a few years easily advancing too the high levels.

Choon Hee’s beauty had drawn my eyes too her and my eyes started to follow her from that day on and I had started to fall in love with everything about her.

Though after living with her I seem too find myself realizing that I truly do not know this Sprite that’s more of an angel than anything. Did that even make any sense?

This girl that was born on the first day of spring is truly a beautiful flower that I know nothing about, but know everything too know.

I smile as I feel her snuggle more into me even in my sleep and I happily wrap my arms around her tighter as if I’m trying to ward off bad dreams.

Your POV

I’m not sure why I feel no bad dreams, but I’m glad.

The dreams I have are always of the past of hurtful days of seeing my mother beat on my father with words of accusations of him cheating on her.

Though now i think of it after trusting Ilhoon and living with him… Could it be that my mother was just blind with her own worry or even by her own acts of adultury?

Could I have mistrusted males for no reason?

Could I have hated my father for the last 10 years of my life for no reason?

Maybe I could see if I could find my father again and find out the truth from him?

In the midst of my thoughts I’m woken up by a loud beeping that’s coming from the side of my bed.

I open my eyes to see what seems too a black shirt causing me to look up too see who exactly is holding me.

I come face to face with a sleeping face of Ilhoon.

Did he stay here last night too make sure I was still asleep?

Or did he stay by my side just incase I have another bad dream?

I try to escape his hold, but it doesn’t seem too work very well.

I sigh and hit Ilhoon’s chest and he finally wakes up surprised to see that I hadn't kicked him out of my bed this morning.

Almost like I had too explain myself I start babbling about how he had dealt with talking too me last night after dealing with me crying.

He ends up laugh at me as he pokes my forehead, “It’s okay you don’t have to explain yourself.”

His voice was so soft and kind, but I could easily tell it was riddled with sleepiness.

I smile as I slid out of bed since Ilhoon had seemed too let me go.

As I get off my bed Ilhoon complains, “Why is your bed more comfy than mine?”

I can’t help but to laugh as I shrug, “It’s a tempurpedic or something. I’m not completely sure.”

As I get off the bed I smile at the dream of my father teaching how to play a card game 1 of the rare days that he would stay home.

I don’t say anything too ilhoon as I pull out clothing from my dresser and closet so I can take a shower.

I place my hand too my chest thinking of what happened last night and I tell it to shut up. I’m not going too like Ilhoon like that not after being cruel too him for so long and not when my best friend has a crush on him… Though i was the one that gave up on the boy last time as well.