Relaxing

Needed Vacation.4

Bowing politely to the maid that had shown them to the initial bathing room D.O and Kai and separate to pick the styles they wanted for their kimonos. Given the warm weather they only had the basic yakata, haori and obi. Kai was the first dressed, his kimono a dark red with blue, white and orange flowers pattered over it, feeling lighter and more relaxed after his first quick scrub down Kai waited patiently in the hall outside the door D.O would be coming out of. After fifteen minutes of waiting Kai’s eyes widened at seeing D.O immerge from the room, his hair still a little damp causing it to hang heavily around his face. The boy had chosen a simple marble pattered jade kimono, the soft silk lining caused the material to hand loosely around his body, illuminating his pale skin and making his already dark eyes seem larger and more captivating than they already were. Biting his hop to stop himself smiling like an idiot Kai dropped his gaze and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

“Suits you.” Ducking his head and smiling in appreciation D.O stepped properly into the hall and closed the door behind him.

“We should go eat” Nodding without looking at the older boy Kai followed him down the hall to the room they had asked to be served together in, an attendant was waiting outside the door and holding the tray of food she had in one hand she politely held the door open for the two boys to enter and sit before bringing the food to them. Kneeling at the table the boys waited patiently to eat as the attended sat the first dish down in front of them. Luckily the woman spoke fluent Korean and was able to explain what the boys were eating in a way they would actually understand.

“This is a mushimono crab dish. The crab has been steamed in its shell and is served with our top chef’s secret spice mix. Please enjoy, I’ll be back shortly with the next course.” Bowing politely the attended left the room, shutting the door silently after herself. As soon as he ate the first bite of the traditionally cooked Japanese steamed crab D.O closed his eyes as he chewed, humming in please as the incredible mix of sweet herbs with the texture and taste of the fresh crab hit his taste buds. Opening his eyes to see the strange look Kai was giving him D.O blushed a little before carefully picking up one of the shells filled with the delicious crab meat and held it out for the teen. Leaning over the table a little Kai locked eyes with the older boy as he closed his mouth around the food and slowly sat back. Chewing diligently he lightly smiled and swallowed happily.

“Wow.” Satisfied with the response D.O placed some of the crab onto his plate and gently blew on the still streaming shell before eating his fill.

Through the entire meal the boys didn’t say anything except to comment on how delicious everything was. Holding food out for the other to take every now and then the boys shared every moment of the incredible experience before making their way to the lounge area of the hotel to let the food settle.

There were a few other people sitting around, a small group of western looking women sat together in one corner of the large room where they had set up a small circle of floor cushions, two blondes and a brunette, they were chatting away happily in what D.O through sounded like French, or maybe Italian. A balding fat Asian man sat talking in Japanese to a thinner, older man, from the body language and type of formalities being used they appeared to be business partners of some sort. Other than them it was only D.O, Kai and a couple of attendants in the room. Walking across the room they sat opposite each other, kneeling on the polished wooden floor, hands folded neatly on their laps as they listened to the soft string interments playing softly from somewhere in the room.

“This place is incredible Kai.”Laughing at the obviousness of the statement the boys hushed themselves quickly, not wanted to disrupt the other guests.

“Definitely, if all the food is that good I’m gunna need a bigger kimono.” Letting their laughter fade again the boys slipped into a comfortable silence, only the soft string instruments in the background and the light foreign chatter of the other people floating through the room.

Admiring the relaxation painted across D.O’s entire body Kai spoke, not really thinking before the words escaped his lips.

“Dance with me.” Caught pleasantly off guard by the request D.O ducked his head a little and blinked up at Kai, lowering his voice slightly embarrassed.

“There are people.”

“I see them” Standing up Kai offered his hand to the older boy and smirked lovingly at him, “dance with me.” Glancing around the room D.O smiled shyly and took Kai’s hand, allowing the younger boy to pull him to his feet and moved to the middle of the room. Placing the older boy’s hands on his shoulders Kai wrapped his arms around D.O’s waist and swayed lightly as they turned in small circles.

At first D.O found it hard to meet Kai’s eyes, still glancing around, seeing the other people in the room looking at them made his face flush a little but after a while two of the western girls stood up together and playfully spun each other closer to the boys, laughter in their eyes as they watched their friend and waited until she joined them. The three smiled encouragingly at D.O and the older boy let himself relax into Kai’s arms, resting his head on the younger boy’s shoulder as they slowly moved together.