worries

Needed Vacation.4

Waiting for Kai in the lounge area D.O shrugged his backpack to a more comfortable position on his shoulders and tucked his hands in his jean pockets, shifting his weight from his toes to his heels growing slightly impatient. Eventually Kai walked into the room, his hair still messy and shirt buttoned wrong. Sighing at the younger boy D.O stepped up to him and quickly re-fasted the black and blue chequered shirt muttering under his breath that Kai should be able to dress himself at his age. The teen was happy to watch D.O fiddle with his clothes, not caring about the situation as long as it meant he was closer to the older boy.

“Thanks hyung~” grinning cheerfully Kai turned away from the older boy and started walking towards the exit of the hotel, expecting D.O to follow as he did. Rolling his eyes at the teen’s presumption that he would follow D.O crossed his arms over his chest and waited for the younger boy to realise he wasn’t following. Looking over his should Kai cocked his head to the side and sighed, too convinced D.O would come one way or another to bother trying to persuade him in any way he stepped out the door and strolled casually out into the streets of Toyama. Kai wasn’t more than three steps out the door before D.O was jogging to his side, quickly grabbing Kai’s hand, intertwining his fingers with the teen’s as he walked next to him. Smiling to himself Kai squeezed D.O’s hand lightly, looking around them the boys could see the distant mountains, the beautiful bay surrounding them and still hear the sound of city life not far from where they were staying.

“Nature versus city?” contemplating the options Kai pulled D.O closer to him and, keeping their hands together, he put his arm over the older boy’s shoulder leaning against him as they wondered around the foreign town.

“Hmm... I think... nature.” Nodding at the decision D.O steered in the direction of the bay.

Once they arrived they took a moment to look over the beautiful view. Breathless with awe Kai spoke quietly, not wanting to disturb any of the other people looking.

“It’s so cool” Glancing at the teen D.O studied his profile for a moment, a yearning building inside him as he spoke to himself more than to the teen, forgetting about the beautiful bay surrounding him.

“Nothing as good as natural beauty” Nodding in agreement Kai stepped away from the older boy slightly to pull a camera out of his bag, not realising D.O had been talking about him, he passed the device to the older boy and stood closer to the water. Taking a few steps back D.O held up the camera and focused the lens properly as Kai tucked his hands in his pockets and smiled sweetly for the picture. As the older boy passed the camera back Kai took a quick look at the picture before turning to another tourist he offered the camera to them and not bothering to try and communicate with words he simply gestured to himself and D.O then pointed to the camera. Nodding the middle-aged man he’d tapped took the camera and waited as Kai pulled the older boy next to him and winked to the camera, tongue pocking out playfully. Seeing Kai’s pose D.O puffed out his cheeks and gave himself bunny ears, the man took the picture and, handing over the camera, walked away as the boys looked, giggling childishly at their own poses.

“Hey, there’s an empty bench” Half-jogging to the bench before it was taken the boys sat down and faced the bay as they spoke.

“Kyungsoo”

“Neh?”

“When are we going to talk to Suho about... us?” Glancing at the teen D.O frowned slightly, not really wanting to worry about that stuff while they were on holiday.

“When we get back I guess.”

“Nice.” Immediately picking up on Kai’s sarcastic tone D.O turned to face him more, his expression soft but confused.

“What? What did I do now?” Scoffing Kai kept his eyes ahead of him, frustration seeping through his words.

“I just want to be able to kiss you without feeling...guilty”

“Guilty?” Voice faintly rising Kai gave a short, bitter-sweet laugh, knowing how ridiculous he sounded.

“Yes. Guilty. We chose to stay with him, we know the rules Kyungsoo, we haven’t earned the right to be together yet and it makes me feel guilty.” Embarrassed that he hadn’t realised sooner the effect disobeying Suho had on the teen D.O put his hand on the boy’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry yeobo, we’ll talk to him as soon as we get back but there’s no point worrying about it now.” Sighing again Kai looked over his shoulder at the older boy and pouted at him.

“Why are you so relaxed about this?”

“I don’t know, it just doesn’t seem like something we should bother with until we have to” Standing up suddenly Kai turned to D.O, a slight glare in his eyes.

“How can you always just brush it off? This is important Kyung” Not understanding why Kai was getting so irritated D.O looked up at him and spoke calmly.

“It’s not important now”

“It is to me!” Realising he’d shouted the words Kai looked around him and gave apologetic glances to the people he’d disturbed before lowering his voice again. “I want to be able to comfortably be with you and that can only happen when we’ve told Suho. Why don’t you care about this?” Shocked by the teen’s outburst Suho stood up and took a step towards him, feeling a little offended as the boy stepped away. He kept his voice calm and low, trying to explain carefully.

“Kai, I care.” Stepping into the teen’s line of vision D.O half smiled as he spoke. “The reason I don’t worry about things is because I know it’ll work out. I know we’ll work out.” Feeling silly for getting so annoyed Kai quickly stepped into D.O’s arms, holding the older boy close to him as he spoke into D.O’s shoulder, his voice muffled.

“I’m sorry hyung. I just don’t wanna have to hide my feelings anymore.” the teen’s hair D.O smiled at their closeness, knowing that they’d be fine with or without Suho’s permission.

“I know.”