Chapter 4

The Dancing Machine's Lovestory

Chapter 4

 

LEE HYUNJAE’s POV

 

It has been a week since I last saw Jongin. We became awkward after that “I really want to get marred” talk. But nevertheless, he tried so hard to break that awkward atmosphere. He would still do the usual good morning and good night greetings. But I really don’t know why do I still feel the awkwardness, may be because it was I who wanted us to get married in the first place.

 

 

“Last practice and we’re off to go.” I cheered to the children. “Ready? Back to original places!” I clapped my hands as they hurriedly went back to their original positions. I was standing beside the stereo as I played the music and watched the children do the dance steps I thought them, and would occasionally dance with them.

 

“Goodbye, Lee-seonsangnim!” the kids cheered as they went to their parents.

“Aunt Jae!” cheered the twins.

“We’ll get going~” Semi said as she gently pull me down to kiss my cheeks, with her twin brother following her.

“Okay~ be good to your umma.” I said as I patted both their heads. They nodded vigorously and ran towards their mother.

“Jae! Call me later~” Jaemi said as she went out with the twins.

 

 

I was about to clean the dance studio, when my ballet instructor and an American woman went inside.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I bowed politely.

“Hyunjae-ah, this is Miss Cheska Smith.” Mrs. Song said.

“Hello Miss Lee, I’m from Juilliard School, and I would like to ask if you’re interested on being trained in our school?” the woman, who claimed to be Ms. Smith said making the sweaty Hyunjae surprise.

“Me? To Juilliard?” she asked as she pointed herself.

“Yes, I saw some of your performances and I also observed how you teach the kids your passion. And for me, you really deserve this offer.” Smiled Ms. Smith. “I’ll give you until tomorrow Ms. Lee. I’ll wait for your decision and hopefully it will be a yes.” Ms. Smith said as she handed me some papers and made her way out of the room followed by Mrs. Song who patted Hyunjae’s back as an encouragement.

 

 

 

 

“So? What brought you here, my dear friend?” Jaemi said as she placed the juice on the coffee table.

“Where are the twins?”

“Asleep.” Jaemi answered shortly.

“And Sehun?”

“Work. Now would you please tell me what’s wrong?”

“I got an offer from the Juilliard School.”

“What?!!” she shrieked. “Really?” I nodded shortly.

“They offered ballet training for me for two years.”

“And? Isn’t that a dream come true for you? You’re on the stepping stone of fulfilling your dream Hyunjae-ah.”

“I was thinking about Jongin.” I whispered.

“Jae, why don’t you give it a try? I know Jongin would understand.” I sighed.

 

 

 

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“JAGIYA~” greeted Jongin.

“Jongin-ah, can we talk?”

“Sure, how about later? I still have a practice.”

“Ahh? Can’t we talk now? I’m at the café shop across the street.”

“Ehh? Any problem, jagi? I’ll try.”

“Please do come Jongin. I’ll wait.” I said and ended the call.

 

 

KIM JONGIN’s POV

 

As soon as I got the permission to meet Hyunjae, I ran towards the café shop. And saw her sipping her favorite milk tea.

 

“Jagi~” I greeted and kissed her cheek.

“No cheesecakes?” I asked as I noticed that she didn’t order any food aside form the milk tea she’s sipping. But she didn’t say anything.

 

“What’s wrong Hyunjae-ah?” I asked as I reach out for her hand.

“Let’s break up.” She whispered.

“Wh—what?”

 

She sighed deeply before muttering again the words I hated to hear.

 

“Le—let’s break up.” Her eyes begin to water.

“But why? Is this about me not being ready to marry?” I panicked.

“No…”

“Tell me Hyunjae-ah! Tell me!” I couldn’t control myself anymore.

“I’m leaving.” She said as she stood up, she stopped right by my side and said “Please don’t think that I broke up with you because of you not wanting to marry me. I have my own reasons Jongin and one of those is following by dreams.” And with that she stormed out of the place crying.

 

 

I went back inside the company, spacing out. I wondered how was I able to cross the street being out of my mind.

 

“Yoh? Dude! What’s with that face?” Tao asked as he placed his arms around my shoulder.

“What happened, Jongin? Where’s Hyunjae?” Baekhyun hyung asked, but upon hearing her name, I broke into tears.

 

“Yah! Jongin! What happened? Why are you crying?!” Freaked Tao, who’s now gripping my shoulders.

 

“I—it’s over… we—we’re over…” I said between hiccups.


 

Hello :) this chapter is not edited. so, i apologize for the mistakes you've encountered. :)

and oh, i'd appreciate it if you leave comments. thank you :)