Chapter 3

The Dancing Machine's Lovestory

Chapter 3

 

It’s a Saturday morning, and I asked Jaemi to meet me at the usual café shop we hangout.

 

“Where are the twins?” I asked when I saw her enter the café shop.

“At their halmoni’s place. I asked umma to take care of them for awhile.” I nodded in response and continued on sipping the iced coffee I ordered.

“Wait, I’ll go and get myself some bubble tea first.” I nodded and watched her walked towards the counter. She returned with a blueberry muffin and a chocolate bubble tea.

“So?” she asked as took her seat across mine. “What do you want to talk about?” she started and I responded with a sigh.

“He isn’t ready to marry me yet.”

“Mwo? Wae-yo?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t say anything all he said the other night is he isn’t ready to marry me yet.” I sighed.

“Do you love him?” she suddenly asked.

“Of course, what kind of a question is that Mimi?”

“Nah, I know you love him, this should be the right question though. Can you still wait? I mean…”

“I can wait. It’s just that, I planned on getting married—“

“At the age of 24.” She finished. “You know, Jae. You don’t have to hurry.” She smiled.

“You’ll soon reach to that level.” I sighed. She’s right. Maybe, it isn’t the right time to get married yet.

 

 

 

KIM JONGIN’s POV

 

I was staring blankly at the ceiling, thinking about Hyunjae and her wish of getting married. I love her. Yes, I do. But I’m not ready yet.

 

 

“Help! I’m drowning!” Baekhyun hyung’s shout snapped me back. I glared at him, which only earned a chuckle from him and Chanyeol hyung.

“Mianhae, Jongin-ah. It’s just that, you’ve been thinking too deep.” Baekhyun hyung explained in between his laughs.

 

“A penny for your thoughts, Jongin?” Kris hyung said as he patted my shoulder to gain my attention. I shook my head and sighed.

“No plans on sharing?” Suho hyung asked, who is now seated beside me.

“We wont force you then.” He added and gestured everyone to go back on their own business.

 

“Ahh, hyung…”

“Yes?” all of them answered at the same time. I sighed.

“Can I ---“

“Please do, Jongin, you’ve been thinking that deep since you came back the other night.” Xiumin hyung said.

“We’ll talk seriously this time. We all know, this is a serious matter.” Chanyeol hyung said, as they all settled down, ready to listen to what I am going to say.

 

“Hyunjae, she… she wants to get… married.”

“What’s the matter with that?” Luhan hyung asked.

“I am not ready hyung.” I ducked down and released another sigh.

“Wae-yo?”

“I don’t know hyung. It’s just that, I think I can’t perform the duties of a husband she’s been dreaming. I don’t know if I can make her happy.”

“Do you love her, Jongin-ah?” I looked up at Lay hyung who asked the question.

“Of course hyung, I do love her. I love her very much. It’s just that, I… don’t want to leave the career I’ve been dreaming. I can’t give it up.”

“Getting married doesn’t mean giving up your career, Jongin-ah, look at me.” Xiumin said as he pointed himself. “I am already a married man, with a kid. Oh, and don’t forget the maknae. He’ll soon have another addition to his family. But we’re still here.”

“But don’t force yourself, Jongin. Just tell her and explain it to her. I know she won’t mind.”

 

That was the last statement before the hyungs went back to their own business. And now I am back on staring on the ceiling, thinking of ways on how to explain everything to her.

 


Hello :)

Please Comment, Subscribe and Upvote  :)