Choi Junhong

COFFEE SHOP: Members Drabbles

 

tumblr_mop06vb8Ha1spmvcpo6_500.gif

“Junhong-ah?” your mouth dropped while you walked up to the tall male.

“Noona?” he looked at you as shocked as you were. He was leaning on a wall that belonged to an old theatre with his hands in his back jeans pocket. “What are you doing here?”

“This is where I have to meet my… blind date,” you said awkwardly and from the expression on his face you could tell that he was indeed the expected boy you were about to meet. “This can’t be true…” you said to yourself but he could clearly hear you too, “I’m so going to kill Jongup for this.”

Junhong was actually a friend’s friend that you have met on parties several times and talked to him. At that was it. The two of you have never really spend time together. You knew who he was and he knew who you were and nothing more. You didn’t know that Jongup and Junhong where befriended otherwise you would have said no to the offer.

Ever since you broke up with your ex-boyfriend ten months ago, you didn’t show any interest in dating again. Partly because you weren’t ready for another relationship yet and party because after your break-up you were so angry at yourself for wasting your time on something like a boyfriend so you decided to dedicate every free minute to yourself.

“I didn’t know you were friends with Jongup…” Junhong spoke which interrupted your thoughts.

You shook your head while taking a deep breath, “Yeah, we went to the same high school and since then we are really good friends… but that is not the main point,” you changed the topic, “By any chance, did he refused to tell you my name?”

Junhong blinked a couple of times, trying to remember his conversation he had with Jongup before he told him all the information he needed, “No,” he shook his head, “He said that that is something I would have to ask you.”

You rolled your eyes, “So typical. He told me the same thing.”

There was only two years between you and Junhong, but it still felt weird. You have never been on a date with a younger male so it was really awkward for you.

“Do you think he did this on purpose?” Junhong questioned.

“I don’t see why? I mean… I have never talked about you in front of him.. or anyone.”

At that, he looked away and suddenly you could see his face turn redder by every second. You tilted your head to the side and gave him a weird look.

“Junhong?” you called after him, “But you said that you didn’t know that I was friends with Jongup?”

“I didn’t know, I swear!” he answered right away, “I just…” he scratched the back of his neck, “…I might have mentioned you a couple of times before.”

“What?”

“Yeah, after every party that I meet you at, I would tell Jongup about you without really knowing that you were his friend…” he explained and you knew that he was embarrassed which made him look like a little puppy.

You tried to act cool but in the inside, you wanted to jump and give him the biggest hug. Junhong was a very good looking guy with perfect skin and big beautiful eyes. But what was most outstanding was his tall frame which caught your attention the first time you saw him.

“And that is why he didn’t tell you my name..” you finished his sentence after both of you realized Jongup’s intention with this date.

“Yeah... I’m sorry if you are disappointed, we don’t need to do this if you don’t want to.”

You couldn’t help but feel sorry for him so declining such a thing would be horrible. And to be honest, you wanted to go on a date with him.

“Don’t be silly,” you waved one of your hands in the air, “Of course I want to. Besides, it would be a shame if just threw away everything Jongup worked hard for,” you exaggerated which made Junhong smile widely. “Shall we?” you pointed towards the street.

“Yes, please,” he laughed, “And I know a very nice place too,” he said and offered you his arm.

You have never been on a date with a male that is younger than you, but sometime has to be the first time too.